Cookies taste better than skinny feels

Options
Achrya
Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
Opinion: And that's okay.

Explanation of opinion: I have lost 27 pounds in 280 days. Some people may wonder why it seems to be taking me such a long time to drop the weight. Is it just hard for me? Some kind of medical condition? Am I bad at counting? Bad at estimating my output compared to my intake? Just a chronic fatass? No, it's not...

Actually yes. That last one. My whole method is 'Food first, weight loss...eventually. Some women my size with similar goals have hit their goals and moved along in half the time it'll take me to reach mine. So why not faster? Well, I've been thinner. It was okay, nothing to write home about. I've had amazing cookies (and other baked goods) I write home about those. I take pictures and show them to the world. I collect recipes and have been doing so since my Gram gave me my first cookie cook book when I was 12.

Evidence to support opinion:

So I was 165 pounds 280 days ago. I won't ruin your day with pictures. Instead lets fast forward to about 160.

1lvLFMU.jpg

Look how happy I am! Why? Because I'd decided I was going to eat at least 1600 calories (sometimes more) get lots of protein, lift heavy weights, and give up cardio. That smile is mostly related to 'no more cardio, yay!'

KJFafRm.jpg?1
41wMf5Y.jpg?1
UnCKyuk.jpg?1

And here I am after stage one of New Rules of Lifting for Women. I'm like "Woot, less fat! But darn this NW junk is getting kinda complex. I'm not down for complex."

So I decided to switch to Stonglifts 5x5 and also upped my calories to 1650. Still no cardio.

vAvjuhg.jpg?1
vAvjuhg.jpg?1

October! Good month. I was trucking along in the mid 140's. And I said to myself "Self. Do you know what would make this more awesome? More FOOD!" So I upped to 1900-1950. Also I got kinda lax with my workouts (Had an unfortunate foot impaling indicent that kinda sidelined me, started working stupid hours.) and I got iffy with my weighing and measuring... TL;DR: I put some weight on.

That's what happens when you eat more than your cut. It doesn't matter that I thought I could eat at 1950 and still lose because A. Estimates are estimate and B. Lol I wasn't counting right. I did have some rather amazing baked goods during that time though. I have very few regrets. I like to call it my mental health break.

VW3UX64.jpg?1
Xc7dwsx.jpg?1
8jl0AQP.jpg?1

Late December- Early January, back into the 144-143 range. The return of some serious back fat. There is a lesson about proper moderation to be learned here. Not sure what it is though.

WxVE8YH.jpg?1
IqlsezW.jpg?1
vLthDlY.jpg?1
8aSANKn.jpg?1

And now. Down to 138 from 143 on January first. (That's five pounds.) Back to counting properly, I occasionally go out for jogs, and I lift my weights. I eat a range of 1700-1900 calories (I can eat 1900 and lose, I was just doing it wrong. :wink: ) And I end every night with cookies or some ice cream. This is the last 30 days. Much food is being consumed, believe me.

TKnZgvU.png?1

Conclusion: Cookies taste better than skinny feels. It doesn't make you a sugar addict (lawd). It's okay to feel that way and to scoff when people imply otherwise. Clearly you're just eating better cookies than them. Feeling this way doesn't doom you to life of fatness.Cookies are meant to be eaten

hC2IHkB.jpg?1

Replies

• Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Best success story title ever.

You look awesome :drinker:
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Your pics arent loading for me =[

But you're awesome anyway
    <3

ETA: Welp. There they are! Still awesome
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    YAY you did a success story. I <3 you.

You're amazing and I like your cookies...

... :wink:
  • Achrya
    Options
    Your pics arent loading for me =[

But you're awesome anyway
    <3

ETA: Welp. There they are! Still awesome

Imgur is being a jerk right now. I'm trying to edit my graph to be smaller but i can't even get things to load. Sigh

Oh well. Thanks everyone. Cookies at my place!
  • bsoxluvr
    bsoxluvr Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Love this post!

Congrats on finding what works best for you...and your cookies!
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    However, once the pics did load, I was disappoint that none were of cookies
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    I like the cut of your jib.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! And now I must excuse myself while I go get a cookie.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I wish I could lose weight on 1900 calories. Being short (and hating cardio) sucks. Lol! :tongue:

Congrats! And, you're right--There's almost no reason to cut out the things we like completely. :happy:
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    <
    This cupcake is for you. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Best.story.ever. :flowerforyou: :drinker: :heart:
  • Achrya
    Options
    I wish I could lose weight on 1900 calories. Being short (and hating cardio) sucks. Lol! :tongue:

Congrats! And, you're right--There's almost no reason to cut out the things we like completely. :happy:

I'm actually only 5'3". And I still mostly hate cardio. I try to jog 2-3 miles 2-3 times a week and then I lift 3 times a week and other than that I'm all about minimal work.
  • mumblemagic
    mumblemagic Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
  • sjp_511
    sjp_511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I need to show this to my husband. He rolls his eyes at me when I eat cookies.
  • Gingerspice45
    Gingerspice45 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    hell yeah cookies rock :drinker:
  • VBnotbitter
    VBnotbitter Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    You won the Internet again!

I recommend the mango and white chocolate cookies I made last week
  • Blue801
    Blue801 Posts: 442
    Options
    In for the cookies!
  • GummyHuman
    GummyHuman Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    LOL :bigsmile:
  • Achrya
    Options
    You won the Internet again!

I recommend the mango and white chocolate cookies I made last week

Tell me more.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!