"TLFC" exercise and accountability support!

Options

Replies

• luluinca
    luluinca Posts: 2,899 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving Eve!!!!

Yesterday I got the dog out for a 3 mile hike and today I made it to the gym..............I didn't really feel like it but convinced myself to go anyway.....LOL

Today: 50 min circuit training including 3 sets each of 12 pushups, 15 situps and 20 crunch twists w/12 lb ball, 15 good mornings w/20/20 lbs, 10 renegade rows w/20 lbs, 2 min jumping jacks, 1min each side planks, 15 goblet sqauts w/25 lbs, 15 hanging leg lifts, 80 step Farmer's toe walk w/25/25 lbs and 3 min stair master. 40 min swim.

No real weight lifting.........I'm just tired from working so hard around here getting ready for tomorrow I guess. I think I'll try to get the dog out in the morning for at least a short walk and then relax the rest of the day. Not sure about Friday yet...........depends how I feel when I wake up!

Tomorrow will be my 800th day on MFP and I plan on not logging.....LOL

Have a Happy and Safe Thanksgiving everyone!!!
  • ltworide
    ltworide Posts: 342 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Happy hump day!

Got roped into leading a yoga class today. Not one of my strengths but participants seemed okay with it
    Krav Maga class tonight.

Assessment: calories slightly over. Jalapeño sausages for dinner yummy
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,509 Member
    Options
    Good job everyone! Remember "excess within control" today!!!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang

I like myself unconditionally!

Happy Thanksgiving!!! Just did a quick workout this morning then on the way to my aunt's house for annual Thanksgiving potluck with my family!!!!

Cardio: bike ride-30 mins (200 calories)

Strength: 5x5 Stronglifts

Assessment: Steak last night.
  • ltworide
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Happy thanksgiving to the 'Mericans! Regular day for your northern neighbours.

3 round Circuit of skipping 1.5 mins, swiss ball hip rotations x 10, swiss ball drop & recover, swiss ball plyo push-ups 10 reps, Swiss ball kneeling lateral hip drop, cable high pulley chops 27.5 lbs x 10 reps/side, cable low pulley chops 32.5 lbs, bosu T drill x 10 reps/side

Strength: EMOTM x 20 min using double 12 kg kettlebells:
    3 cleans
    3 front squat
    3 push press
    3 pull-ups/inverted rows (managed 10 rounds of pull-ups before regressing to rows)

Assessment: Taco Bell for dinner. Calories & macros on track.
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy TGIF and LCW! 4 clients this morning. After I get home, will put up tree and lights and maybe later hit the mall for fun.

Cardio: jog/walk- 2 miles (300 calories)

Strength: biceps and triceps- preacher curls, alternate curls, rope pressdowns, lying tricep extensions. 12,10,8,6 x 4

Assessment: Did really well. I didn't overeat and kept the desserts to just one serving.
  • shrcpr
    shrcpr Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Couple days behind!

Wed, 11/25

Cardio: No formal cardio; 10k steps

Strength: Burn Circuit 2:
    sumo squat with bicep curl: 12* x 10
    lunge with single-arm tricep extension: 8 x 12*
    dead lift row: 20* x 10
    sumo squat with overhead tricep extension: 12* x 10
    dead lift with double row: 12* x 10
    bowler's lunge with single-arm row: 12* x 11
    bicep curls with leg lift: 10* x 10
    forward lean lunge with double row: 20* x 10
    Triple-threat push-ups (triceps, wide, spider): Triceps on knees, wide 2 on toes 2 on knees; spider 2 on toes 2 on knees

Assessment: Stayed within calorie limits

Thurs, 11/26

Cardio: 10-mile bike ride

Strength: None

Assessment:
    Stayed within calorie limits

Going out to dinner at a friend's tonight so will do a double cardio workout today and move strength to tomorrow.

Happy Friday!
  • shrcpr
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving my friends!

Cardio: Insanity Cardio Power & Resistance done this morning, wow! endorphin rush is amazing!

gaining weight, not sure why! diet hasn't been all that bad, have to investigate!

That's my favorite Insanity workout!
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options

I enjoyed my Thanksgiving eating unconditionally!

Cardio: 16+ miles at a fairly solid MTB pace, over 1000 calculated calories

Strength: Copped out on my planned upper body, body weight stuff after the ride. I was at 16+ hours fasted and opted for the shower and food

Assessment: Ate at approx 500 calories over maintenance on turkey day but can easily be in the clear for the week on loss goals. Haven't been on the bike much lately but cardio work on the elliptical while making notes of heart rate has put me much more in touch with power use when on the bike and controlling heart rate.

Great thread @ninerbuff I can't believe I've never noticed it before the last couple of days.
  • luluinca
    Options
    Hi Robert......welcome to our group!!!

Took a rest day yesterday.............boy I really needed it!!!

Today was back at the gym but no cardio to speak of......except for stair master in spurts.

45 min circuit training including 3 sets each of 10 pushups, 15 decline situps w/10 lbs, 10 decline leg lifts, 15 good mornings w/20/20 lbs, 10 renegade rows w/20 lbs, 1min each side planks, 15 goblet sqauts w/25 lbs, 15 hanging leg lifts and 3 min stair master. 55 min weight lifting including 2X5 squats w/65 lbs and 3X5 w/105 lbs, 3X5 OHP w/45 lbs, 2X 5 DL's w/95 lbs and 3X5 DL's w/115 lbs, 3X10 box step ups, 3X10 cable chest press w/23/23, 3X10 cable deltoid fly w/10/10, 3X10 each side cable wood chop w/33, 3X10 kneeling cable lat pull down w/37/37 and 3X10 inner thigh w/100.

No more leftovers except for half a turkey sandwich for lunch and then back to normal.....1700 cals until I see where I land on Jan 1.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend..............I'm hoping to swim tomorrow if I can get a lane!
  • ninerbuff
    Options
    robertw486 wrote: »

I enjoyed my Thanksgiving eating unconditionally!

Cardio: 16+ miles at a fairly solid MTB pace, over 1000 calculated calories

Strength: Copped out on my planned upper body, body weight stuff after the ride. I was at 16+ hours fasted and opted for the shower and food

Assessment: Ate at approx 500 calories over maintenance on turkey day but can easily be in the clear for the week on loss goals. Haven't been on the bike much lately but cardio work on the elliptical while making notes of heart rate has put me much more in touch with power use when on the bike and controlling heart rate.

Great thread @ninerbuff I can't believe I've never noticed it before the last couple of days.
    Welcome!!!! Enjoy posting here!

• ninerbuff
    Options
    Have a great weekend you guys!!!!
  • ninerbuff
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Hey gang,

Happy weekend! No clients and later today. It's my 17th Anniversary today and we're heading into the City this morning and spending the day there!

Cardio: jog/walk- 2 miles (300 calories)

Strength: NONE

Assessment: Leftovers, what else?
  • ltworide
    Options
    Happy Saturday all!

Friday:
    Krav Maga class.
    Strength:
    Ladder of barbell front squat @ 75 lbs & deficit pike press. Reps: 5, 10, 15 & 20.
    Hanging leg raise ladder 1-10 reps
    Cable push pull 3x10 @ 17.5 lbs
    Cable assisted Pistol squat 3 x 8/side
    Assessment: calories on track chicken fajitas for dinner

Today: rest day, went to college open house with my daughter, consumed too many homemade chocolate chip cookies. Yikes! Might need a heavy skipping/conditioning workout tomorrow.
  • shrcpr
    Options

Fri, 11/27

Cardio: P90x3 MMX + T25 Speed 2.0

Strength: None

Assessment: Ugh. 250 over maintenance + exercise calories. Mostly alcohol so my previous post on moderation was apparently a bit premature. :/

Sat, 11/28
    Feeling a bit slow and icky today from all the drinking last night.

Cardio: None

Strength: Burn Circuit 3:
    sumo squat with overhead press: 10* x 12 (weight x reps)
    lunge with calf raise: 15* x 12*
    squat with lateral raise: 8 x 12
    lunge with frontal press: 8 x 12*
    squat with calf raise: 15 x 12
    sumo squat with delt raises: 8 x 12*
    squat with overhead press: 8 x 12*
    lunge with lateral raise: 5 x 12
    sumo squat with calf raise: 15* x 10

*increase in either weights or reps from previous week

Assessment: On track for staying within calorie limit.

Looking forward to feeling better tomorrow.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    Saturday

I'm still eating turkey without feeling bad about it!

Cardio: 3.5 mile slow walk with the wife

Strength: 8 sets x 15 push ups (2 sets regular, 3 feet elevated 1', 3 elevated 2')
    Some various squats to fill time between push up sets

Assessment: Ate at near maintenance calories today, but that was the plan
  • luluinca
    Options
    Went to the gym hoping to get a swim in and actually succeeded for a change......sometimes the pool is just too crowded.

Strength: 30 min calisthenics warm up including pushups, planks, situps, elevated leg lifts and body weight squats and lunges.

Cardio: 40 min swim......mostly back stroke.

Food: For some reason I just couldn't face my protein shake this morning so had a fiber one bar and a piece of string cheese..........won't make that mistake again. I need more calories before a work out. I don't know how people workout on an empty stomach.

I actually lost another pound over the weekend........totally weird, but I was pretty busy........
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunday, all! That week of rest turned into a 2nd week of simply being lazy. :o

Cardio: 4 mile run, easy pace. 42 minutes.

Food: been overindulging for the holidays. Will get back on track this week. Two weeks out from my final race of 2015 (another half-marathon).
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Walked a mile today - it's pretty modest, but I'm starting ot and pt on Tuesday.
  • ltworide
    Options
    Hope everyone had a good weekend!
    No workouts whatsoever this weekend. Met my 15k step goal yesterday & today. Lots of house & yard wok completed the past couple of days.

Assessment: too much wine yesterday & way over my calories. Over calories today also got into the chocolate cake. Made a huge pot of beef stew, lots of leftovers!