Fiber One AKA Fart Bars

Options
Ok my wife had the bright idea of buying me fiber one bars! Well they should change the name to fart bars because Holy Moses I cant even stand myself. Has anyone else had this happen? And GO

Replies

• chumpherys
    Options
    YES! Had to stop buying them. They taste great ... but not worth it.
  • mwcraig34
    mwcraig34 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Good I'm not the only one!
  • JamieDeBree
    JamieDeBree Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    My husband and I eat one most mornings for work. Never had a problem.

Do you normally eat a high fiber diet? If not, easing into it will help...jumping in right away with higher fiber often causes flatulence. Raising your fiber intake by a few grams every few days might work better.
  • Hulk0511
    Hulk0511 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Taste good kill the ozone lol
  • megleo818
    megleo818 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Don't get me started. Holy mother of gas! I have heard that the ingredient inulin is the culprit (I may have that spelled wrong, but MFP's spellcheck isn't underlining it ...) If you've go the toots from FIber One's, look out for that ingredient in other bars and STAY AWAY.
  • Nina2503
    Nina2503 Posts: 172 Member
    Options

Do you normally eat a high fiber diet? If not, easing into it will help...jumping in right away with higher fiber often causes flatulence. Raising your fiber intake by a few grams every few days might work better.

I agree That is what I have been advised by my dr, slowly build it up. It seems to have worked for me
  • K_Smith86
    K_Smith86 Posts: 123
    Options
    I bought a box after my boyfriend suggested them to help me feel full after a snack and oh dear god do I regret eating that one bar. My stomach hurt so bad, I was curled up in the fetal position on the verge of tears. I thought I was going to die. And I thought the once a month cramps were bad - I'd take those any day of the week over the pain that the FiberOne bar gave me. It's more than likely because your body isn't used to the high fiber content, and then you give it a decent amount, and it freaks out going "what in the world are you doing to me?!" So no, you're not alone in that at all. Needless to say, the box is still sitting in the cupboard. Untouched. I sure know that I won't eat them again.
  • lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    Options
    thats what my husband and his co-workers call them !!!
  • ladyluch99
    ladyluch99 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Yes, Fiber One bars do that to me also but the worst product for me is the Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal. It really gets me going! LOL!!!
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,804 Member
    Options
    YES, they do this to me, But I finally think i have it figured out. I now drink at least 32 oz of water as I eat one and it seems to limit the gas production. But honestly what else is 90 calories and tastes that darn good.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    My husband eats a lot of granola bars, and one day I saw he had Fiber 1 Bars (Fibre is spelled like this in Canada, though). I had heard everyone talking about Fiber One bars on MFP, so I was like, "I gotta try one of these and see what all the fuss is about", even though I don't usually eat granola bars. I tried it and it was very tasty, like a candy bar, but not too sweet. And I did not have this problem at all. But, I eat a lot of fruit and veggies, so the Fiber One bar has a lot less fiber than I am used to eating in a fruit or a veggie. I've had inulin in other snacks as well and no problems with that. Sorry, I can't add to the main point of this post, and instead I am rambling about fiber one bars.

But, we have some still, so now I want to eat one as an experiment to see what happens.

Also, the ones we have are 150 calories.

I did it!! I ate one!! So far no problems...
  • jess393
    jess393 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Don't get me started. Holy mother of gas! I have heard that the ingredient inulin is the culprit (I may have that spelled wrong, but MFP's spellcheck isn't underlining it ...) If you've go the toots from FIber One's, look out for that ingredient in other bars and STAY AWAY.

^yup. Only on the ingredient list it's Chicory Root, which can act as a mild laxative, lol, which helps with the fartability! I count fiber along with calories, and try to eat around 30ish grams a day, but in the beginning it was not pleasant :/
    I do love the fiber one bars and brownies, though :smile:
  • lamos1
    lamos1 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Glad I didn't buy them like started too! Don't drink prune juice for fiber, it is much worse. The bathroom will be your friend for an entire day!
  • theactionfigure
    Options
    :laugh: FART BARS! :laugh:

This is just great! I was just eating a Fiber Plus bar as I was reading this! Does anyone have any input on those?

THIS THREAD STINKS! :sick:
  • glitt3rgurl
    Options
    OMG that is sooooo funny! lol!! I was totally hooked on those .I think they were the Extra Fiber bars! We also nickname them Fartbars and had to stop buying them when my sister burned her butt using too much Lemon airfreshner! Bwuahhhhhhh!
  • ShaneOSX
    ShaneOSX Posts: 198
    Options
    Never had one, but on my app that rates food based on ingredients and nutritional profile they have the lowest rating of ALL bars.
  • mwcraig34
    mwcraig34 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Wow thanks for the posts y'all and Fart on!!!
  • marthathebear
    Options
    My daughter and I use them but my husband tried and they made his stomach hurt very badly. Some people have to start a little at a time. I eat one every day. After a while all the flatulence is under control and it just helps move everything along!
  • peuglow
    peuglow Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    Arent' there only like 5g of fiber in them? That's how many were in the bar I had. My lunch has more fiber than that bar.:huh:
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I keep them in my desk all the time for when I have a sweet tooth. Have never had an issue with them