Fiber One AKA Fart Bars

Options

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Wow, I ate one last night, as an experiment, and this did not happen to me. I'm not going to eat them anyway because I don't like sweet granola bars.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I didn't have the same experience with them but found them as tasty as a cardboard box. I just add all bran buds to my cereal or yogurt for the extra fibre.
  • DelilahCat0212
    DelilahCat0212 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Fooducate for iPhone. Might also be on Android, not sure. I scan every single thing I buy/eat.

I hate to hijack but this is the coolest app ever! (I have an android) I'm scanning all the food on my desk!!
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    What 2hobbit said--stay away from chicory root if you are having the cramping response to them.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I didn't have that reaction but I couldn't stand them because they are so friggin' sweet! Made me gag.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Lol they gave me some serious gastric issues too!!! Never again.
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    :laugh: FART BARS! :laugh:

This is just great! I was just eating a Fiber Plus bar as I was reading this! Does anyone have any input on those?

THIS THREAD STINKS! :sick:

^^Just spit out my drink!! :laugh: :laugh: Those things will KILL you!! I gave those up and started eating Chia seeds for extra fiber...yeah, MUCH MUCH better, lemme tell ya!!!
  • Marll
    Marll Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Fiber One bars are full of fail.
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    They turn me into a nuclear reactor of funk. Try the brownies, because they seem to do a better job. By the way, the best fiber comes from beans, in my humble opinion. I eat black beans, and they work much better than the bars; and like I mentioned, the brownies work much better than the bars too.
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Oh, drink eight glasses of water a day.
  • wooddie14
    wooddie14 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    This is very similar to my topic the other day...

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/720052-go-lean-crunch-more-like-go-to-the-bathroom-crunch?hl=go+lean+crunch#posts-10590332

Maybe they taste good and have some good things in them but should they be that ....offending?? LOL
  • theactionfigure
    Options

This is just great! I was just eating a Fiber Plus bar as I was reading this! Does anyone have any input on those?

^^Just spit out my drink!! :laugh: :laugh: Those things will KILL you!! I gave those up and started eating Chia seeds for extra fiber...yeah, MUCH MUCH better, lemme tell ya!!!

:happy: The problem now is that I eat them because I like them! I'm not really looking for fiber, but it seems to be a 'healthy' alternative to buying Little Debbies or cookies! The side effects are just for fun.

I really enjoy the FLIRTULENCE on this thread though. . . . it's true.
  • thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    Options

:happy: The problem now is that I eat them because I like them! I'm not really looking for fiber, but it seems to be a 'healthy' alternative to buying Little Debbies or cookies! The side effects are just for fun.

I really enjoy the FLIRTULENCE on this thread though. . . . it's true.

HAHA!! Dude, seriously, you should check out my blog for some yummy protein bar recipes that are high in fiber, and taste WAY better than the Fart bars!! Chocolate-Pecan, Carrot cake-Walnut, and Pumpkin-Walnut. And they're easy enough that even the most cooking-challenged person can make them....When you get tired of stinking it up.... :tongue: <
    Hope you can see that that's all in good fun. :wink:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/thistimeismytime/view/carrot-cake-walnut-chia-protein-bars-mmmm-414265

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/thistimeismytime/view/chocolate-pecan-chia-protein-bars-d-414260

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/thistimeismytime/view/pumpkin-walnut-protein-bars-with-chia-and-flax-seed-392822
  • MrsWilsoncroft
    MrsWilsoncroft Posts: 969 Member
    Options
    Ok my wife had the bright idea of buying me fiber one bars! Well they should change the name to fart bars because Holy Moses I cant even stand myself. Has anyone else had this happen? And GO

Not sure what those bars are but here in the uk we have Kellogg's fibre plus bars and my god you don't half fart after one of those lol
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I used to eat them every day - until my co-workers lodged a complaint to management about time spent away from my desk.
    True story.

LOL Then I would have stopped moving away from my desk, not stop eating them. :laugh:

I was leaving my desk to run to the bathroom - 4 or five times a day - which to them was excessive. Of course, these women are, like, super-glued to their desks. I think they only 'go' twice in the 8 hours we're all there. :noway:
  • blb1230
    blb1230 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Yes, Fiber One bars do that to me also but the worst product for me is the Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal. It really gets me going! LOL!!!

Good Lord!!! I must get my hubby off the cereal....STAT!!!! I couldn't figure out his problem...NOW I KNOW!!! :grumble:
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    You know what you do when they give you bad gas?

Take a bath.

It's like having a jaccuzzi!
  • joecollins9385
    joecollins9385 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    hahaha i ate one about an hour ago and i just farted
  • MSeel1984
    MSeel1984 Posts: 2,297 Member
    Options
    Ok my wife had the bright idea of buying me fiber one bars! Well they should change the name to fart bars because Holy Moses I cant even stand myself. Has anyone else had this happen? And GO

I just gotta say this has me LOLing right now. That's hilarious. I gave one to a lady at work before who said she was hungry...I mean, they do fill you up...she came over a few hours later and is like "What was in that...Oh my gosh my bowels are hating me."
  • runnermama81
    runnermama81 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I used to have that issue with them but then it seemed as if my body got used to them after awhile! Maybe worth trying a few days in a row?