Fiber One AKA Fart Bars

Options

Replies

• lyttlewon
    lyttlewon Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Arent' there only like 5g of fiber in them? That's how many were in the bar I had. My lunch has more fiber than that bar.:huh:

The oats and chocolate bars have 9 grams.
  • AshleyLo_44
    AshleyLo_44 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    This form's name had me laugh out loud my co-worker gave me that funniest look till he saw it too and told me
    "Yep they are but man are they good. Just don't eat those with a cup of coffee "
    o.0 hahahaha
  • Amberonamission
    Amberonamission Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    My kid (who is very entertained by the musical effect) begs me to buy them. I can't touch the smelly suckers.
  • bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    :laugh: We also renamed them "fart bars."
  • Inebriated
    Inebriated Posts: 271
    Options
    Yep. It gave me really bad stomach pains too and made me cry. :( Never eating them again.
  • pink2lady
    pink2lady Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    We have been calling them Fart Bars for years now (that is too funny). One day my kids got a hold of the box and they loved them so much that they ate 3 bars each (teenagers). Needless to say, they spent the whole day in the bath room. LOL (hard lesson learned)
  • Shambree813
    Shambree813 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Ok my wife had the bright idea of buying me fiber one bars! Well they should change the name to fart bars because Holy Moses I cant even stand myself. Has anyone else had this happen? And GO

Bwahahahaha! That is exactly what they were called in my house. I say "were" because they are BANNED here now...the kids were having a little too much fun eating them and I couldnt take it. LOL.
  • MommyToCutie
    MommyToCutie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    LOL! The first time I bought these bars and had one, I was working. And I worked in an office with lots of cubicles around me. Needless to say, I was getting up to use the bathroom every few minutes. I love how the bars taste but I can't buy them anymore, it's not worth it.
  • Shambree813
    Shambree813 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Don't get me started. Holy mother of gas! I have heard that the ingredient inulin is the culprit (I may have that spelled wrong, but MFP's spellcheck isn't underlining it ...) If you've go the toots from FIber One's, look out for that ingredient in other bars and STAY AWAY.

^yup. Only on the ingredient list it's Chicory Root, which can act as a mild laxative, lol, which helps with the fartability! I count fiber along with calories, and try to eat around 30ish grams a day, but in the beginning it was not pleasant :/
    I do love the fiber one bars and brownies, though :smile:
    ^^^^^^agree^^^^^^. I have also read it isnt so much the fiber as the chickory root(I eat other high fiber things with no problems). Also agree the 90 brownies are really good...without the nasty side effects like the fiber one bars.
  • JenRLo
    JenRLo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Never had one, but on my app that rates food based on ingredients and nutritional profile they have the lowest rating of ALL bars.

What app is that? Sounds interesting!
  • sweetbippy
    sweetbippy Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    These little treasures are now on my grocery list. :bigsmile:
  • Birdie
    Birdie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Funny my little girl calls them fart bars too. She loves them. But I switched over to the fiber one brownies. They do not have the same effect.
  • lhergenr
    lhergenr Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Yes, Fiber One bars do that to me also but the worst product for me is the Kashi Go Lean Crunch cereal. It really gets me going! LOL!!!
    Hahaha that's so funny, I was just going to say the same thing about the Kashi cereal. Holy crap it's almost unbearable. It's still sitting in my cupboard after almost a month because although it tastes great, I don't want to be letting ones rip every 10 minutes. It's insane.
  • mwcraig34
    mwcraig34 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Trust me I really do enjoy a good fart but come on it was freakin crazy!
  • ShaneOSX
    ShaneOSX Posts: 198
    Options
    Fooducate for iPhone. Might also be on Android, not sure. I scan every single thing I buy/eat.
  • 2hobbit1
    2hobbit1 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    For me anything with chicory root extract in it cause the bloat belch and fart response. It has nothing to do with how much or how quickly you have increased your fiber intake. That stuff is deadly to the ozone layer!

Be careful and read the labels - some added fiber products use it and others in the same product line do not - so don't assume if you can eat one product the rest will be OK!
  • HurricaneElaine
    HurricaneElaine Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I used to eat them every day - until my co-workers lodged a complaint to management about time spent away from my desk.
    True story.
  • racerscottw227
    Options
    I used to eat two per day, one before and one after lunch. I couldn't go 5 min without passing gas. And I would spend about an hour each day on the toilet at work. I dropped back to one per day and those symptoms went away.
  • JenRLo
    JenRLo Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Fooducate for iPhone. Might also be on Android, not sure. I scan every single thing I buy/eat.

It is on Android and free. I just scanned two "healthy" things and got a C :-( on both! I am totally addicted to this app now. I knew that the flavored water I drink wasn't the best, but I didn't really realize how bad the Kashi baked chocolate square was in terms of sugar! Thanks for sharing!
  • Birdie
    Birdie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I used to eat them every day - until my co-workers lodged a complaint to management about time spent away from my desk.
    True story.

LOL Then I would have stopped moving away from my desk, not stop eating them. :laugh: