Yogurt snobs unite! What your favorite?

Options
EvgeniZyntx
EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
Ok, I'm in America (ie the USA, let's not start that again) for the moment and have been eating Chobani day in day out. It's ok. But I pine for my rich, unctuous, super creamy European yogurts and fromage blanc. So off to the store to get everything in sight and do a taste test over the next days.

First up, noosa. ("All natural, gluten free[as if?], probiotic from happy cows") blah blah spiel. Flat little container. Mango flavor - wow, smooth, thick, not too sweet. Just tastes great. Today's favorite. 130 cals for 113g so 260 cals for the pot! 18g protein. Has pectin, meh. Tastes really great but too many cals for the package for me.

CTi83Vfl.jpg

Second up, Organic Nancy 's probiotic Greek - Blueberry. I'm not usually a fan of fruit on the bottom yogurt because it tastes too sweet by places but this stuff is excellent. Thick, very dense not as smooth as the noosa, would buy again. 150 cals for 170 g. 17 g of protein. Has locust bean gum. Has a strong, fresh from the cow taste.

GViQKt0l.jpg

Either beats Chobani, hands down, in my book today.

What are your favorites?

(Damn typo in the title)

Replies

• wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    I don't eat it much anymore but Chobani plain low-fat (not nonfat) was my favorite. Never tried any of the flavored ones of any brand. I think there is a big difference in creaminess between the lowfat, nonfat and full fat -- maybe that is the difference between European yogurts and US? If not, I wonder what is . . .
  • zerryz
    zerryz Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Again, Pavel. Wholefoods, Mother's.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's plain Greek is my absolute favorite. I buy the 2%, which is almost as creamy as the full fat, but has more protein for some reason. A lot more - 24g in a the 2%, only 9g in the full fat. Weird.

The flavored varieties are good too, but I usually go for the plain and add my own fruit, add it to my oatmeal, use it as a sour cream sub, etc.
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    I'm still a huge fan of Chobani. Their marketing and customer service is awesome too.
  • TabbathaAnne
    TabbathaAnne Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm in Massachusetts and we just got a Wegmans pretty recently, which sells fromaige blanc. Not sure if you have one around, but they sell European foods so I thought id mention it! :)
  • ChasingKatie
    ChasingKatie Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I love Noosa! But can never eat just half.
    Im a fan of plain Fage with honey.
  • Xhell_on_heelsX
    Options
    Fage with blueberries!! The ones with the little sections of fruit on the side. Most amazing blueberry yogurt I've ever had lol
  • wtfusernameisnttaken
    Options
    I like Chobani best, and it's easy to locate in the stores nearby, but, I LOVE Trader Joe's greek yogurt. It's fantastic!! Unfortunately there isn't one inside of a 20 minute drive so, that's a special trip.
  • ltwarthen
    ltwarthen Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm all about Plain Fage 0%. I could eat it ALL day long (and I do!)
  • AnnaMolly17
    AnnaMolly17 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Fage with Mango and guanabana. Love the stuff!
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Siggi's!!!!!! Lower calories, lower sugar/carbs, more protein (per oz) than even the greek stuff! The serving size is a little smaller than most, it's a bit pricey, and not so easy to find, but when you are trying to cram the most protein into the fewest calories and least amount of added sugars, it's absolutely worth it. If you love the sweetness of other yogurts, then it may take some getting used to, but now I love it. Also, it SERIOUSLY fills me up for a long time.

Favorite ways to eat it:
    breakfast time: yogurt with some cheerios and fresh berries
    "i've got calories left for a treat" time: yogurt, crushed nuts, granola (purely elizabeth or kind) and... *starts drooling* frozen fruit microwaved until the juice gets syrupy poured over the top. add a little cinnamon and dig in!
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Having lived most of my adult life in Europe, and also recently returning to the US, I too had a long search for a delicious creamy yogurt. My favorite is Stoneyfield Organic Plain (full fat). I log daily and found the full fat has less sugar and more taste, plus tons of people here and my beachbody coach all said to go with more fat vs. more sugar, unless I am in trouble with calories (which I more than stay within). I think you would like this. I like to add a teaspoon of raw organic local honey or a teaspoon of bonne maman jam. Sometimes I sprinkle raw sunflowers or chop up some raw almonds for some crunch. Almost like Europe!!! Greek yogurt in the US is just not ever going to be delicous like it is in Greece, sorry US fails in this dept. Enjoy!
    :smile:
  • jaf320
    jaf320 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    -Stoneyfield Farm Pineapple 1.5%
    -Fage Black Cherry
    -Chobani Banana, Lemon, Mango - there really aren't any of the Chobani flavors that I don't like)
    -Dannon Oikos Toasted Coconut Vanilla and Key Lime Pie
    -Noosa Raspberry (only one of the Noosas I've had so far)

Still would like to try Siggi's (so expensive though!)
  • collingmommy
    collingmommy Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Yoplait 100 calorie .. Any flavor but lime and peach.
  • waistaway80
    waistaway80 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Chobani - Pineapple is my 1st choice and Oikos (any flavor) is my 2nd. I think Kroger brand Carbmaster is my 3rd choice. Vanilla and I add cinnamon to it!
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's plain Greek is my absolute favorite. I buy the 2%, which is almost as creamy as the full fat, but has more protein for some reason. A lot more - 24g in a the 2%, only 9g in the full fat. Weird.

The flavored varieties are good too, but I usually go for the plain and add my own fruit, add it to my oatmeal, use it as a sour cream sub, etc.

I just tried Trader Joe's Greek plain yogurt yesterday! 2% also. It was SO creamy. Yes, I loved it and will be switching to it. It isn't as good as the Greek yogurt I had in Cyprus, but hey, I didn't expect it to be :tongue:
  • chicagospeechie
    chicagospeechie Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Fage plain greek yogurt 0% fat.
  • cindypalm1
    Options
    Danon Light and Fit Greek Yogurt has been my choice lately.
  • Mock_Turtle
    Mock_Turtle Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Original_Greek_Yogurt.jpg

Lately I'm all about buying plain and then using my own toppings
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Again, Pavel. Wholefoods, Mother's.

I saw Pavel but they only had big buckets. On the list.