Yogurt snobs unite! What your favorite?

Options

Replies

• EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Having lived most of my adult life in Europe, and also recently returning to the US, I too had a long search for a delicious creamy yogurt. My favorite is Stoneyfield Organic Plain (full fat). I log daily and found the full fat has less sugar and more taste, plus tons of people here and my beachbody coach all said to go with more fat vs. more sugar, unless I am in trouble with calories (which I more than stay within). I think you would like this. I like to add a teaspoon of raw organic local honey or a teaspoon of bonne maman jam. Sometimes I sprinkle raw sunflowers or chop up some raw almonds for some crunch. Almost like Europe!!! Greek yogurt in the US is just not ever going to be delicous like it is in Greece, sorry US fails in this dept. Enjoy!
    :smile:

Thanks will look for that. And I agree it just isn't the same as German or Greek yogurt here b
  • teresaforeman91
    teresaforeman91 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    i love five:am powerpaks! (banana is delish) and danone Greek yoghurt! om nom nom... vaalia lemon creme is also nice.. im not sure if you get these in America however? im in aussie :)
  • sgv0918
    sgv0918 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    Had Noosa Strawberry Rhubarb - OMG so tasty
  • LeelaLosing
    LeelaLosing Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I'm all about Plain Fage 0%. I could eat it ALL day long (and I do!)

I would probably not recommend all the calories that would add up eating it ALL day long.....but whatever

Unless I'm going for (authentic) European full-fat, Fage 0%.....tried the TJ's 0% Greek and it just didn't do it for me....and Costco carries the super large Fage so it's a great price.
  • angelcurry130
    angelcurry130 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    White Mountain Bulgarian yogurt...mmmmm...so tangy and thick!
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    I just recently discovered Greek Gods Yogurt after eating Chobani and Oikos forever...and it's sooo creamy and good! It's not low fat, though, which I'm sure helps. Try the fig flavor!
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    Wallaby Greek!! Best greek yogurt I've tasted, HANDS DOWN!!

LF-Honey-300px2_fd5c2e05b78de6cb8a52b3b72a7fb663.jpg

Ingredients:
    STRAINED YOGURT: Organic Cultured Pasteurized Lowfat Milk.
    ORGANIC HONEY (20%)

YUMMM!!!!! :love:
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I just got back into greek yogurt you could say, I used to get a couple of years back when it was "new" to the market and I used to just get oikos.

Now I really like fage with fruit or honey. I haven't try many chobani's. I find oikos has a sour aftertaste that is absent from fage so I probably won't be getting much oikos after I finish that one in the fridge.
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    dannon light and fit greek yogurt strawberry 80 calories for a just right size and only like 6 sugars...one of the lowest I have found so far and it is sooooooooooo good
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    pfffft... amateurs. As a TRUE yogurt snob, I make my own yogurt. I like to add a bit of extra powdered milk to the milk.. it just makes it extra creamy. Also, I've gotten SO good at controlling the tartness of my yogurt through correct timing and rapid cooling. I like to use just regular Dannon yogurt as a starter, but lately there's a fabulous yogurt I've been buying from the Amish market and it's FANTASTIC especially around the fourth or fifth generation of yogurt.
  • Rgtjax85
    Rgtjax85 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Publix brand Fat Free Light. Cherry vanilla, blueberry, Peach mango passion fruit. I like traditional yogurt over the Greek kind. Still trying to get used to the acquired taste of Greek Yogurt.
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    pfffft... amateurs. As a TRUE yogurt snob, I make my own yogurt. I like to add a bit of extra powdered milk to the milk.. it just makes it extra creamy. Also, I've gotten SO good at controlling the tartness of my yogurt through correct timing and rapid cooling. I like to use just regular Dannon yogurt as a starter, but lately there's a fabulous yogurt I've been buying from the Amish market and it's FANTASTIC especially around the fourth or fifth generation of yogurt.

Aint-Nobody-Got-Time.jpg
  • dakotawitch
    dakotawitch Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    My all time favorite was Wallaby's Dulce de Leche, which they don't seem to make anymore. Wallaby's Maple is a veeeery close second. I can only get it in two places in my city, though.
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options

This. I've been making my own yogurt for the past ten years or so. It is SO easy and cost effective, and I love being able to customize it myself. But when I'm being lazy (most of the time), my favorites are Liberte, Fage, and Dannon Oikos. Oikos is full of a lot of crap, but it tastes like dessert. Liberte also has a line of full fat mediterranean style yogurts that most snobs would approve of :)
  • jade2112
    jade2112 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I love thick yogurt. I buy a large container of plain, dump it in a sieve, hang the sieve across a bowl, and let it drain in the fridge for about a day and a half. Makes it super thick. I put a little splenda on it.

Unfortunately, yogurt of any kind is a huge trigger for me so I stay away from it.
  • zerryz
    zerryz Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Yogurt aisle(s) in a French supermarket. Yup. Both aisles.:love:
    img_64281.jpg
  • likepepsicola
    likepepsicola Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I used to like chobani, but I think it's kind of gross now...

I like fage 2%, with strawberry, cherry, or peach jam. Honey is good too but I find it troublesome to eat because the honey gets way too solid in the fridge. I also like liberte on the rare occasion. Not too often because it's ridiculously indulgent for yogurt. It has 230 - 280 calories & 7 or 8g saturated fat per 6 oz container...but that's why it tastes so good.
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I used to like chobani, but I think it's kind of gross now...

I like fage 2%, with strawberry, cherry, or peach jam. Honey is good too but I find it troublesome to eat because the honey gets way too solid in the fridge. I also like liberte on the rare occasion. Not too often because it's ridiculously indulgent for yogurt. It has 230 - 280 calories & 7 or 8g saturated fat per 6 oz container...but that's why it tastes so good.

I agree that Chobani got gross. Years ago it was amazing, now it's way too sour. Also, Liberte has a fat free version, sold in cups that look like Chobani's. They are almost as good as the full fat ones, so you might want to keep an eye out for it!
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I love all the Trader Joe's nonfat greek yogurt flavors. Pomegranate, strawberry, & vanilla bean are probably my favs.

I eat Nancy's sometimes, but don't think it's all that fab. Good stuff in it though.
  • samsara18
    samsara18 Posts: 40
    Options
    Not a yoghurt snob - like the good old muller light...however, I now see it has 12g of sugar per pot and am looking to change to a brand with less sugar - I love yoghurt for breakfast and treats.