Unexpected results of weight loss

Options

Replies

• iamaprincessx
    iamaprincessx Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    p.s due to such good nutritious foods has anybody else noticed their hair and nails growing out of control? since juicing i have to trim my toenails on a regular basis instead of like never (haha embarassing) also im sure my eyebrows are thicker???????? lol i also love the glowy effect on my skin and people asking what makeup im wearing when i have none on
  • MotherLamb5
    MotherLamb5 Posts: 1 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Like many of you all, being cold all the time,and I was surprised when I had to tighten my belt two more notches than I'm used to. I was also surprised when my boots that I normaly have to wear with thin socks were loose with a thick pair of socks.

• evolution328
    evolution328 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My co-worker thought my husband was having an affair with the woman she saw in the restaurant... it was me.

That's funnyv:)
  • SbetaK
    SbetaK Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I'm jealous, albalegume, my town doesn't give senior discounts until we are 65! I've been taking advantage of it other places when I travel. You DO look younger in your "after pic"!!
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Today, I had a surprising benefit of weight loss. Another example that my brain has not yet caught up with my smaller body. We had a bad ice storm earlier in the week. Today, things finally began to thaw out. I tried to open my back door to check on the ice in my yard but ice on the deck prevented me from opening it all the way. I started to close the door assuming that I would not fit through the small opening but for some reason decided to try anyway. Guess what, I was able to squeeze through without trouble. I was shocked. I never would have fit through such a small space last winter!
  • crazygooselady
    crazygooselady Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I have only lost about ten pounds, but it has been fun seeing the scale go down. I bought a new swim suit to swim laps....and now after two weeks it is already baggy!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    I've had to sew the hems up by an inch or two on the bottoms of my trouser legs/long skirts because they hang off my hips more than before. I think I've salvaged the skirts but the trousers are starting to look silly now as the crotch hangs too low as well and my sewing isn't skilled enough to fix that.
  • theresaneal77
    theresaneal77 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    The first time I lost weight, it was hard to buy clothes. I kept getting clothes, trying them on and realizing they were 8 sizes to big. (I went from a 24 to a 16 very quickly) Then, I would go back and grab clothes that looked too small and they would fit. It was also really hard to dress for my body type - I found myself wearing a lot of jeans and T-shirts lol
  • hanajbanana
    hanajbanana Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    ar9179 wrote: »
    I can echo the reduction in band size. Went from 40 to 36 since Jan 1. I haven't owned a 36 in years! I'm just wearing my current ones on the tightest fasteners. Like Cassie, cup size isn't changing as dramatically and I still fill out the J. Bras in that range are expensive, so I'm waiting as long as possible before ordering ones that will fit properly.

But if you're buying bras with a smaller back size then the cup goes down despite it being the same letter - a 40J will be a much bigger cup than a 36J :D

My own boobs have only just started getting smaller now I'm a lot closer to goal - I was worried they were going to stay exactly the same and I'd be toppling over with the weight, but suddenly I've gone from 36E to 34DD - still have to wear two sports bras when running though :s
  • Lola3009
    Lola3009 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    triciab79 wrote: »
    I was still trying to wear my old robe but the openings at the sleeves are so much bigger than my arms now that I lit it on fire while cooking.

While it's dangerous, it's also hilarious. Great work!

• JeddersJunior
    JeddersJunior Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've lost 20lbs and this maybe TMI but the biggest shocker for me is how good sex is again!
  • silverarcheress
    silverarcheress Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Lola3009 wrote: »
    I've been keeping it at a minimum, and only indoors, but I can't stop touching myself...all those 'new' bones (hip, collar, shoulders, ribs) ^^

I am completely the same. I can now feel defined obliques and I can't stop checking that they are still there!
  • Boobietrap1337
    Boobietrap1337 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I always used body wash in the shower, but now that I've got new muscles popping up everywhere, I've started to use a bar of soap instead. It's so cool feeling everything change gradually!
  • 4leighbee
    4leighbee Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I always used body wash in the shower, but now that I've got new muscles popping up everywhere, I've started to use a bar of soap instead. It's so cool feeling everything change gradually!

I completely agree! I think it's fun when there is obviously less of me to clean and lotion, too. I don't have to reach and stretch to reach all of me, either. Ha - there I am! Done! :)
  • TamS2015
    TamS2015 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    So I'm just starting the weight loss process just over 10 lbs down. The first thing I realized yesterday is that I no longer feel embarrassed to go food shopping. My cart used to be filled with so many boxes of junk food that you almost missed the real food. Yesterday food shopping was so easy. Mostly just I the edges of the supermarket only down isles for tp and granola
  • misscaligreen
    misscaligreen Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    ewhip17 wrote: »
    I hope this won't be an inappropriate reply but I guess we're all adults her: I officially announce I can now see my whole penis. I'm sure some men here know how gratifying that feeling is....

I announced the same thing to my wife recently. She remained unimpressed.... :wink:

Ewhip17 This made me laugh... a lot... with tears! LOL :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!