Shaking during/after a workout

Options
Yesterday I went to metafit for the first time and I am in agony today, however I forced myself to go to the gym and I was shaking uncontrollably it's never happened before, can anyone tell me why? X

Replies

• Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Did you have anything to eat beforehand?
  • RockstarWilson
    RockstarWilson Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    You were weak, and probably needed to eat more. If you eat mostly carbs, it will do that to you during workouts. So if that is the case, you should probably eat well about an hour before your workout
  • livv365
    livv365 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Troutsy wrote: »

Yes I had soup and rice cakes half an hour before going, I would understand why I was shaking if I hadn't eat but I had and it's slightly worrying lol, googling it doesn't help the situation x
  • mymodernbabylon
    mymodernbabylon Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Soup and a rice cake might not be enough calories before working out. My guess is low blood sugar.
  • Azexas
    edited February 2015
    Options
    livv365 wrote: »

Yes I had soup and rice cakes half an hour before going, I would understand why I was shaking if I hadn't eat but I had and it's slightly worrying lol, googling it doesn't help the situation x

Googling can cause panic lol. You may not have eaten enough beforehand to meet the needs of your workout.
  • livv365
    Options
    You were weak, and probably needed to eat more. If you eat mostly carbs, it will do that to you during workouts. So if that is the case, you should probably eat well about an hour before your workout

I haven't been eating carbs in the sense of bread,pasta,rice etc. Obviously there's carbs in a lot of foods that maybe I don't realise there is. Thank you x
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    was it your time of month? I get a little shaky if I exercise during the first couple of days.
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    If your body is very sore that might have been a factor? You need to take time for your body to recover, especially if you're new to exercising.

Also had you drunk enough water beforehand?
  • livv365
    Options

Googling can cause panic lol. You not have eaten enough beforehand to meet the needs of your workout.

Ok thank you! I'm new to all this so totally confused by what I should be eating before a workout, I had a medical condition and put on loads of weight now trying to get it off and am constantly worrying about if I'm eating enough etc lol x
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    Not enough calories or your eloctrolyte balance is out of whack..

Fluids before and during working out

I like emergen-c
  • livv365
    Options
    yesimpson wrote: »
    If your body is very sore that might have been a factor? You need to take time for your body to recover, especially if you're new to exercising.

Also had you drunk enough water beforehand?

Thank you! If I'm honestly I never drank any before going into the gym, but I drank about a litre and a half in there x

• yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    Soup and a rice cake might not be enough calories before working out. My guess is low blood sugar.

Agree with this. It's not a nice feeling at all so make sure you are eating enough to fuel your workouts. The energy has to come from somewhere!
  • Azexas
    Options

Googling can cause panic lol. You not have eaten enough beforehand to meet the needs of your workout.

Ok thank you! I'm new to all this so totally confused by what I should be eating before a workout, I had a medical condition and put on loads of weight now trying to get it off and am constantly worrying about if I'm eating enough etc lol x

If you don't mind me asking, how many calories are you eating a day? What is your height, weight and activity level?
  • livv365
    Options
    was it your time of month? I get a little shaky if I exercise during the first couple of days.

It's just leaving! Lol I never thought that could affect it! Never even entered my mind x
  • livv365
    Options

If you don't mind me asking, how many calories are you eating a day? What is your height, weight and activity level?

No not at all:) I eat about 1,200/300 a day and I weigh 13 stone and 5ft 10 and a half. I workout at the gym 5 days a week and and run at the country park 1 day a week; rest for one x
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

I like emergen-c

I love emergen-c before a workout! I thought I was the only one! Whenever I mention it people look at me like I'm nuts, but I swear it helps.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I second the low blood sugar, especially if you feel you over-did it yesterday. I found that I needed to add a bottle of Gatorade during especially grueling spinning sessions otherwise I would end up shaky and with a migraine.

If it keeps recurring, check in with a doctor.
  • livv365
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

I like emergen-c

I love emergen-c before a workout! I thought I was the only one! Whenever I mention it people look at me like I'm nuts, but I swear it helps.

What is emergen-c ? Never heard of it before? Are you from Britain? I'm Scottish, just because I know a lot of people on here are american and we don't get a lot of choice in my opinion x
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    That's my guess too. There's very little nutritional content in soup and rice cakes. Eat something more substantive next time, and have an emergency protein bar or gummy bears with you at the club.
  • Azexas
    Options

No not at all:) I eat about 1,200/300 a day and I weigh 13 stone and 5ft 10 and a half. I workout at the gym 5 days a week and and run at the country park 1 day a week; rest for one x

So I ran the info you gave me through this website:http://scoobysworkshop.com/accurate-calorie-calculator/

It gave me your
    BMR as 1673
    TDEE as 2593

I think you are not eating enough and not giving your body enough fuel for the work out.