Grapefruit Eaters

Options
pichu318
pichu318 Posts: 172 Member
Hey, I was just wondering who ate grapefruit on MFP. Do you like grapefruit or do you eat it because you want to lose weight?

Personally I really enjoy grapefruit. I leave it on the top of the fridge and it becomes so sweet :3 For me it is just a bonus that it is filled with water, vitamin C, and that it may have properties that allow for more weight loss.

Replies

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    I love grapefruit. Brought 2 to work today to snack on. Trying to lose weight, but that's got nothing to do why I choose grapefruit.
  • tat2cookie
    tat2cookie Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    I love grapefruit!!! I love arugula with white fish and grapefruit drizzled with avocado oil!!
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    tat2cookie wrote: »
    I love grapefruit!!! I love arugula with white fish and grapefruit drizzled with avocado oil!!

Oh that sounds amazing! Grapefruit fan here! Nothing to do with trying to lose weight, just love it.

• ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Love it but can't eat it due to being on thyroid replacement meds.
  • CockneyLady2014
    CockneyLady2014 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I love it but take statins so unable to eat them.
  • philreeduk
    philreeduk Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Wait.... it's suppose to help with weight loss?!? I eat two or three a day because I have a rather unhealthy obsession with them! Being a diabetic they are fantastic, they have a really low GI and taste awesome!
  • yesimpson
    yesimpson Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I like pink/red grapefruits, but white ones make me do the face babies make if you let them suck on a lemon wedge.
  • TerriK14
    TerriK14 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I love grapefruit! It is my favorite. I eat it because I like it. Going to stock up again today as a matter of fact!
  • TiberiusClaudis
    TiberiusClaudis Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Yup...I'm a GF fan! But as ereck4 pointed out...be careful if you take a presc med. GF has the ability to super size some meds. Otherwise, it's very healthy. For me it was an acquired taste, but now I love it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I like it too, but no, it doesn't 'help with weight loss'. It supposedly help you eat less if you have half a grapefruit before a meal, but that's pretty much it, and a moot point if you're counting calories anyway.
  • AmazonMayan
    AmazonMayan Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I've eaten grapefruit for as long as I can remember. I think my mom may have had them when I was young because of her diet attempts lol. I like to cut them in half and roast them. Amazingggggggg
  • bametels
    bametels Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Love grapefruit. It's one of my favorite snacks!
  • shamcd
    shamcd Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I love grapefruit! I eat it for enjoyment though, not weight loss, and it's great with vodka and salt. Makes me crave a good, old Salty Dog now.
  • jodigrengs
    jodigrengs Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    We love grapefruit also. My parents brought back 3 dozen for us from Arizona, which brings up a question. They picked these grapefruit off a tree in a brothers back yard. Are they considered organic at 65 calories on MFP or fresh at a 104 calories?
  • tscolema9942
    tscolema9942 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That's funny. I see this post as I am eating my SECOND grapefruit. LOVE THEM!!!!
  • tscolema9942
    tscolema9942 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    To Jodigremgs: There should be no difference in calories for organic vs. non-organic. They are basically the same fruit, one is sprayed with chemicals to ward off bugs and the other uses "organically approved??" methods to do that. Otherwise, calorie wise they should be the same. I would look more at size of grapefruit when entering it into MFP for caloric count. Hope that helped.
  • MissBabyJane
    MissBabyJane Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Honestly, no... I've tried so many times, but can't bring myself to like it.
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    i just finished up the last of a huge amount of grapefruits. My mom had bought a super huge amount for juicing, and realized she didnt like them, so gave them to me.

I dont love them, but I am not a picky eater. I dutifully ate half a grapefruit everymorning till the damn things were gone.
  • acarmon55
    acarmon55 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I have recently found out I love grapefruit. How do most of you eat them? I have been cutting in half and scooping it out after using a knife to cut around the sections. A friend of mine says to peel them and eat them like an orange. I tried that and it had too much peel left for me. Anyone have a faster way to eat them?
  • jodigrengs
    jodigrengs Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I either peel them or cut them up it wedgies.