13»

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    zac775 wrote: »
    You just have to love the grapefruit

I'm seriously going to try them again.
    I too remember them being label 'diet food'. Might be why I never ate many after the 'dieting' phase. lol Not on here! Long long ago back in the Melba toast days. lol ;)
  • desertfox57
    desertfox57 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    We live in Arizona and I consider grapefruit one of the really good things about the place: The trees are huge and prolific and we usually get them for free. I grew up in Wyoming: the grapefruit that got there were not too sweet, usually. My mom would cut them in half and drizzle with a bit of honey and then broil for a couple of minutes. We all ate them right up!

Also, you can juice them and drink the juice for a quick way to get some of that grapefruit. So much better than the frozen stuff. Don't add any sugar.
  • jenniferinfl
    jenniferinfl Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I love grapefruit.. But, I don't eat them very often because I tend to get hives from them and other citrus. Still ate one today though.. lol Bring on the itchy!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    jodigrengs wrote: »
    We love grapefruit also. My parents brought back 3 dozen for us from Arizona, which brings up a question. They picked these grapefruit off a tree in a brothers back yard. Are they considered organic at 65 calories on MFP or fresh at a 104 calories?

It's probably the weight of them that is making the variation of the cals on the food database. As shared below, nothing to do with being organic or non-organic. Being a food with a peel it would be low on the list of dangerous foods regarding eating organic over non-organic. I often times go by that. Like berries, much better if you're into Organic buying and to buy those organic since they don't have any protection from the chemicals.
  • BraveNewdGirl
    BraveNewdGirl Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Love me some ruby red grapefruit. I eat once or twice a week because tasty! Aside from clementines, they're really the only citrus fruit that I enjoy.