What is your fave low cal alcoholic beverage

Replies

• debcnuttypoo14
    debcnuttypoo14 Posts: 2 Member
    janisvin wrote: »
    I always leave calories for a few glasses of wine! When in doubt, dilute with seltzer to make it go farther. Long live the grape!

• debcnuttypoo14
    debcnuttypoo14 Posts: 2 Member
    I don't know of any good grape wines, do you have any suggestions?
  • TheNewLori
    TheNewLori Posts: 5 Member
    I like to drink Captain Morgan and Diet Coke. This is a struggle for me as I have to admit ... about once a week I like to throw more than a few down :) Trying to save my calories today to be able to drink my calories. Not an alkie but love my one night a week to let my hair down and have some fun! Its always a struggle the next day when your body wants carbs after the alcohol but I will deal with it :)
  • amudd645
    amudd645 Posts: 27 Member
    I just did some experimenting and found that I really enjoy a shot of Tito's vodka with a splash of orange juice and some lightly squeezed resh fruit. I'm going to try frozen fruit tonight to see if it can kinda double serve as ice.

I'm very interested in trying infused vodka. You get a mason jar, add fresh fruit, vegetables, spices, herbs, whatever you like; cover with vodka; put on the top and shake once a day for at least 3-4 days (some say 1-2 weeks is better). Strain the vodka out and drink away. I guess this is similar to the flavored vodkas, but I just love the idea of making different types of infused vodka on my own!
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Corona light is only 98 cals/12 oz so that's a nice go to. Kirin light is 95 cals/12 oz. Heineken light 95 cals/12 oz too. I'm a beer girl myself, because I tend to be a light weight. It's nice that there are a few others besides Mich ultra to use as a go to. But, I also love me an ice cold shock top, which runs me about 167 cals/12 oz. but that is some tasty ish.
  • kimbergranola
    kimbergranola Posts: 52 Member
    amudd645 wrote: »
    I just did some experimenting and found that I really enjoy a shot of Tito's vodka with a splash of orange juice and some lightly squeezed resh fruit. I'm going to try frozen fruit tonight to see if it can kinda double serve as ice.

I'm very interested in trying infused vodka. You get a mason jar, add fresh fruit, vegetables, spices, herbs, whatever you like; cover with vodka; put on the top and shake once a day for at least 3-4 days (some say 1-2 weeks is better). Strain the vodka out and drink away. I guess this is similar to the flavored vodkas, but I just love the idea of making different types of infused vodka on my own!

Oh what a brilliant idea!! Please post your experience! I want to try this as well.
  • louubelle16
    louubelle16 Posts: 579 Member
    Vodka, lime and soda is my usual choice for low cal drinking.
  • klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    wine forever and always. A nice sauvignon blanc from New Zealand is my fav. (Villa Maria 2012 come back to meeeeeee)
  • FlamencoGal
    FlamencoGal Posts: 126 Member
    Vodka and Ting (grapefruit soda I discovered on St. Maarten earlier this summer.) Also I love Proseco (Italian champagne). It's less expensive than real Champagne and tastes better in my opinion.
  • cldee_99
    cldee_99 Posts: 3 Member
    Vodka, fresh squeezed lime, diet ginger ale......instant low-cal moscow mule
  • RickLanc
    RickLanc Posts: 7 Member
    Scotch and coke zero
  • Msdiamewilson1
    Msdiamewilson1 Posts: 1 Member
    ashNoak wrote: »
    with summer around the corner I am wanting some ideas on low cal cocktails to drink! Please don't go on about how If I want low cals I shouldn't drink alcohol, this is obvious... I'm choosing to have drinks this summer because that's what I want :)
    My fave is infused waters (usually lemon/lime) with vodka.. How bout you?!

White Wine Spritzer
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    I don't drink unless it's a special occasion, but if I did, it'd be a vodka and caffeine free diet coke.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    A light beer or glass of wine. Not too fussy about what kind.

70044776.png
  • taraheliason
    taraheliason Posts: 4 Member
    Cucumber vodka and water
  • misclaire81
    misclaire81 Posts: 33 Member
    any clear spirit with either Soda Water & lime or tonic. I do love a NZ sav blanc, but wouldn't make a habit of them due to the sugar content.
  • pjaco10
    pjaco10 Posts: 1 Member
    Green tea mojitos!!!
  • Heidi68073
    Heidi68073 Posts: 1 Member
    Vodka/ diet tonic ;) regular tonic has a ton of sugar. You can add any fruit you would like. I normally do like.
  • mwebster01
    mwebster01 Posts: 111 Member
    edited July 2015
    I didn't finish reading the post. my answer was Natural Lime Flavor Crystal Geyser Sparkling Mineral Water, but its non- alcoholic.
  • bexdc
    bexdc Posts: 202 Member
    I have mixed Crystal Lite with gin and I am not ashamed.

LOL. Love this.