Using Bento Boxes for lunches.

Options

Replies

• DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    ShortMrsN wrote: »
    I packed my first bento yesterday for work today! (have packed for my husband couple times this week)
    No photo as have an issue with my photobucket acc.
    Bottom layer of my super cute bear box was rice with spring onions, one side of the top layer was raw carrot, cucumber, cauliflower and broccoli, other side was roasted chicken breast stuffed with cream cheese and basil pesto.

I have photobucket but I haven't used it in a while. I just have the pictures on my computer and add them right onto the forum. Though, I wonder if one of the sharing sites might make the pictures smaller, but from what I tried with photobucket the images are still really big when posting in the forums. So, I just use the "attach image/file" on the web site to post here in the forums.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    Lunch for today: Turkey Soboro with egg, rice and veg (the rice is under the soboro).
    6yfd822mkdou.jpg
  • madiao
    madiao Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Mmmm @mangrothian your soboro looks yum.

Forgot to take a picture of today's lunch but here is tomorrow's lunch:

s00dzbun1jsx.jpg

Fish cake cat bed, sleepy kitty rice and salad bits

• Sorchya
    Sorchya Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    the cucumbers and mushrooms are marinated and leaky as is the fruit. I need a proper bento set lol. I make a marinade with reduced calorie caesar dressing and cider vinegar for the mushrooms. The cucumbers have been kept in vinegar.
  • piheart
    piheart Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    madiao wrote: »
    Mmmm @mangrothian your soboro looks yum.

Forgot to take a picture of today's lunch but here is tomorrow's lunch:

s00dzbun1jsx.jpg

Fish cake cat bed, sleepy kitty rice and salad bits

Sooooo cute. That fish cake looks delicious as well!!
  • piheart
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Monday morning bento... the weekend is way too short, but at least I have something to look forward to eating at work!

Breakfast: Apple, blueberries, Greek yogurt + salted caramel protein powder + unsweetened toasted coconut flake in the container (!!!), hard boiled egg that is supposed to look like a toadstool but mostly just looks silly instead... with Gorgonzola crumbles and a little basil pesto below (271 cal)

Lunch: laughing cow + turkey roll ups, mini quiche (mushrooms, tomatoes, onions and feta this week), snap peas and hummus in the pig, and some guac style dip I threw together plus wheat thins (445 cal)

g1noel3vr5eq.jpg
  • piheart
    Options
    ^ In case anyone was wondering how salted caramel protein powder Greek yogurt topped with unsweetened toasted coconut flake is... to die for. Next time I'm adding a little bit of chocolate sauce - would taste just like a Samoa Girl Scout cookie!
  • Narcissora
    Narcissora Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    After a month of having no option but to eat out, I am finally settled into my new home! I don't have a job yet, but I figured I would do some bento lunches to get back on track with eating my fruits and veggies.

2k4km2fakwrt.jpg

Mini hamburgers, cucumber and tomato salad (cucumber, tomato, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, salt & pepper), blackberries, champagne grapes
  • plumsparkle
    plumsparkle Posts: 203 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    lgab9e4i5kml.jpg

Im still lurking, but have been on holiday for a week and off sick for a few days, so not made any lunches lol! Here is todays lunch - dry fried onion and pepper with wilted spinach in one pot, cucumber, mini salami and halloumi cheese in the other pot, and mint yogurt dressing in the little blue pot (just inside her hat1) and the second picture is what she loks like put together - her hat turns into a bowl to eat out of! I love her :) I added a yogurt as well, so it added up to 358 calories.
    1xvpgk9i8011.jpg
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    @plumsparkle - Your bento is so cute.

I have two bento supply orders being shipped, though the second order might come first. The online company had a sale this weekend for free shipping, any type of shipping, so I got 2-5 day shipping at no charge. The first order could take a week or two. I have a penguin bento, much like the doll bento, on order in the first one and an owl bento (not doll shaped) in the second. Next on my list is cat ones. hehehe Also getting some picks and such. Can't wait.

No bento today. I work 6 hours and don't take a lunch break. Tomorrow I will pack a light snack cause I work 6.5, so have to take a lunch despite not wanting to do so. Thursday will be full bento day. Other days this week I have off. Our work week is thursday-wednesday so it can make the regular week seem weird at times. Plus, I have to do registration on Friday and on Saturday I am running in a bubble color run 5k. :smile:
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Narcissora wrote: »
    After a month of having no option but to eat out, I am finally settled into my new home! I don't have a job yet, but I figured I would do some bento lunches to get back on track with eating my fruits and veggies.

2k4km2fakwrt.jpg

Mini hamburgers, cucumber and tomato salad (cucumber, tomato, parsley, lemon juice, olive oil, salt & pepper), blackberries, champagne grapes

I love champagne grapes, but I could never really get over the fact that you're supposed to eat the stems. It's too weird.

• plumsparkle
    Options
    DawnEmbers - Not sure what a bubble colour run is, but I did a colour run and it was great fun! Good luck!

My lady was from Japan - I got her from ebay, but it took a couple of weeks for her to get here. I also got an owl one, which I have used to pack tomorrows lunch.

ln7zmw0aj2pt.jpg
    ammsniwv1t40.jpg

Chinese rice with honeyed pork, radish, and pepper with a snack pot of houmous, a babybel light and a Satsuma, and hidden under the veg is a sneaky fudge for the afternoon munchies :) I stuffed raw spinach into the pot after I had taken the picture, to hold it all in :) it comes to 761 calories, but it will do me all day, with a lighter dinner in the evening.
  • Narcissora
    Narcissora Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Narcissora wrote: »

2k4km2fakwrt.jpg

I love champagne grapes, but I could never really get over the fact that you're supposed to eat the stems. It's too weird.

I didn't know you were supposed to eat the stem - I definitely don't. But the grapes are deliciously sweet and well worth the effort to pluck them all individually off the stem.
  • DawnEmbers
    Options
    plumsparkle - it's basically a color run but uses bubbles so it's very foamy and such. Or that's what I'm guessing. I've never done one before. My first 5k was a neon glow run in June. This will be my second time jogging a whole 5k. That owl is cute too. I'm not a big fan of pink but on occasion it's good.
  • plumsparkle
    Options
    DawnEmbers - it sounds like it will be great fun. I loved the colour run, and I did a 5k mud run recently. It was a charity event, and there were 8 obstacles you had to get over, mostly involving mud-the final obstacle was climbing up an inflatable slide, and sliding down the other side into a pool of mud
  • mangrothian
    Options
    DawnEmbers - Not sure what a bubble colour run is, but I did a colour run and it was great fun! Good luck!

My lady was from Japan - I got her from ebay, but it took a couple of weeks for her to get here. I also got an owl one, which I have used to pack tomorrows lunch.

ln7zmw0aj2pt.jpg
    ammsniwv1t40.jpg

Chinese rice with honeyed pork, radish, and pepper with a snack pot of houmous, a babybel light and a Satsuma, and hidden under the veg is a sneaky fudge for the afternoon munchies :) I stuffed raw spinach into the pot after I had taken the picture, to hold it all in :) it comes to 761 calories, but it will do me all day, with a lighter dinner in the evening.

I think I have the same owl on the way teehee. The honeyed pork looks delish!
  • mangrothian
    Options
    DawnEmbers - it sounds like it will be great fun. I loved the colour run, and I did a 5k mud run recently. It was a charity event, and there were 8 obstacles you had to get over, mostly involving mud-the final obstacle was climbing up an inflatable slide, and sliding down the other side into a pool of mud

I missed out on the colour and neon runs in Melbourne this year (wasn't quite fit enough to do them yet), and the 'run for your lives' zombie mud run was cancelled. I have a 10km in October now, but that's it :(
  • Sandyslosenit
    Sandyslosenit Posts: 322 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    bxfqla6s2gw8.jpg
    My bento is calorie lite tomorrow because my husband & I might go out to dinner.
    Breakfast - biscuits & a bunny soy egg
    1st snack - in the mini Hello Kitty To-go container is a instant miso cup of soup kit
    Lunch - imitation crab legs n cocktail sauce in the little jelly jar, cucumber chunks with misses dash seasoning, plus cottage cheese with drizzled honey n cinnamon
    2nd snack - in the Hello Kitty cupcake tin is 4 Hello Panda cookies.
    550 calories.
  • plumsparkle
    Options
    [quote

I think I have the same owl on the way teehee. The honeyed pork looks delish![/quote]

it is, but the recipe used belly pork, so its quite high in calories. Next time i make it, i will try a leaner cut.

The owls are lovely aren't they. There were different colours with different expressions, but I love purple, and he is actually a pale lilac, not pink like he looks in the picture, so it had to be him lol!
  • mangrothian
    Options
    [quote

I think I have the same owl on the way teehee. The honeyed pork looks delish!

it is, but the recipe used belly pork, so its quite high in calories. Next time i make it, i will try a leaner cut.

The owls are lovely aren't they. There were different colours with different expressions, but I love purple, and he is actually a pale lilac, not pink like he looks in the picture, so it had to be him lol! [/quote]

I think I just asked for a random one, so I don't know which one I'm going to get. I'm happy with any; now I just need a baggie to match it ^_^