Using Bento Boxes for lunches.

Options

Replies

• madiao
    madiao Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    @mangrothian I like the plain Greek yogurt too!

Where do you get your umeboshi from? I've been looking and asking at various different Asian grocers and no one seems ro stock it :(
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I can find umeboshi in any 'healthy' store. o-o Natural Grocers, Whole Foods, Sprouts, etc.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    wln4as8vhken.jpg
    No bento for me today , I was off. But the Bestie and I went to The World Market. I bought more than I should, but I got plunty for my bentos. Lol , moderation, moderation, moderation ! My new chant!

I'm wondering what koala flavoured cookies taste like now >.<
    madiao wrote: »

Where do you get your umeboshi from? I've been looking and asking at various different Asian grocers and no one seems ro stock it :(

@pixelpuff unfortunately, the 'health foods' style stores in Australia don't stock a lot of that stuff, and stores like wholefoods are nearly non existent and extremely overpriced. So it's to the specialty Asian grocers we go ;)

I get most of my stuff from the CBD; either Tang's (it used to be called 'The Great Eastern Grocer') on Russell St just past Bourke St in the city. The other places are Hometown Grocer on the top end of Elizabeth St. There's also Fujimart in Prahran behind the market. I can also get them at my local Asian grocer in Sunbury, but I doubt you want to travel there for it ^_^
  • zira91
    zira91 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    lunchbox for today (730 cal) excluding snacks:
    multigrain rice with fried egg,
    Sweet plum stir fry chicken
    and mushroom stir fry with turmeric

i tried to make cute face on my egg, but somehow, it look like an aunt with a curly hair winking at me..
    oh well.. ill try harder next time.. :#
    dvuoa5s045aa.jpg
  • zira91
    Options
    wln4as8vhken.jpg
    No bento for me today , I was off. But the Bestie and I went to The World Market. I bought more than I should, but I got plunty for my bentos. Lol , moderation, moderation, moderation ! My new chant!

I love that koala biscuit!! wish we had stores like that here..
  • piheart
    piheart Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    zira91 wrote: »

i tried to make cute face on my egg, but somehow, it look like an aunt with a curly hair winking at me..
    dvuoa5s045aa.jpg

Adorable egg!!! I love it.
  • piheart
    piheart Posts: 122 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Forgot to post yesterday's:

Breakfast: hard boiled egg, spinach, apples, strawberries, peanut butter in the duck (246 cal)

Lunch: Bbq tofu & spinach, mini quiche, carrots & hummus frog, laughing cow and crackers (484 cal)

qxw29k8843c2.jpg
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options

dvuoa5s045aa.jpg

:lol: I thought the "hair" was intentional, I love it, it's so cute!

• Sandyslosenit
    Sandyslosenit Posts: 322 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    dvuoa5s045aa.jpg
    I'm laughing so hard, this literally got me trough my day !!! I was in such a mood because I had to go into work today. I took 1st break at 10:30 , saw that cute egg and laughed the rest if the day
  • zira91
    Options

dvuoa5s045aa.jpg

:lol: I thought the "hair" was intentional, I love it, it's so cute!

Thank you.. i tried.. lol..
    ur bbq tofu look delicious... did you make your own bbq sauce for the tofu?
    luv the heart strawberry.. <3
  • zira91
    Options
    dvuoa5s045aa.jpg
    I'm laughing so hard, this literally got me trough my day !!! I was in such a mood because I had to go into work today. I took 1st break at 10:30 , saw that cute egg and laughed the rest if the day

im glad this cute aunt's wink can brighten up your day.. *wink wink* ;)
  • sagj
    sagj Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! Someone had wanted the cute eyeball picks that I have but Amazon had been sold out by the time. They are back in stock here. Enjoy!
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Tomorrow's fun. I get to be at work at 6 am, so am bringing some fruit to share with my two coworkers. I cut up some of the mango and cantaloupe using my cake decorating stuff. There are also just some mango spears and some raspberries in the container, plus two kiwis on the side. My lunch is leftover remnants of mango and cantaloupe, spinach, shrimp and fiery sriracha hummus.

ok7flr7v6rne.jpg

xq9bnof5gxup.jpg
  • ShortMrsN
    ShortMrsN Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I packed my first bento yesterday for work today! (have packed for my husband couple times this week)
    No photo as have an issue with my photobucket acc.
    Bottom layer of my super cute bear box was rice with spring onions, one side of the top layer was raw carrot, cucumber, cauliflower and broccoli, other side was roasted chicken breast stuffed with cream cheese and basil pesto.
  • PixelPuff
    PixelPuff Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    ShortMrsN, I recommend checking out Imgur. n-n
  • madiao
    madiao Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    madiao wrote: »

@pixelpuff unfortunately, the 'health foods' style stores in Australia don't stock a lot of that stuff, and stores like wholefoods are nearly non existent and extremely overpriced. So it's to the specialty Asian grocers we go ;)

I get most of my stuff from the CBD; either Tang's (it used to be called 'The Great Eastern Grocer') on Russell St just past Bourke St in the city. The other places are Hometown Grocer on the top end of Elizabeth St. There's also Fujimart in Prahran behind the market. I can also get them at my local Asian grocer in Sunbury, but I doubt you want to travel there for it ^_^[/quote]

Thanks! I've checked out a couple of places in the city and couldn't find any (maybe I'm looking in the wrong places haha) I'll try Fujimart, its a bit closer to home than the CBD, thanks :smile: :smile:
  • Sorchya
    Sorchya Posts: 49 Member
    Options
  • Sorchya
    Sorchya Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    qe6rz6xcqp9p.jpg

this and the pic above for me....not taking photos of all of them though
  • clh72569
    clh72569 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    My bento for Monday! Potstickers, onigiri, roasted broccoli, and asparagus!!a6sewqb75kjb.jpg
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    @Sorchya Yum! What's the meat in the first one?

Can I ask why all the cling-film? With the exception of the fruit, most of it looks like it wouldn't affect the flavour of the other foods with juices, or oil etc. I used to do the same thing with my early Bento's, then realised that unless something was slightly oily or saucy that they didn't really need to be separated.

ETA: Forgot to ask about the meat >.<