Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Using Bento Boxes for lunches.

Replies

• SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    No bento today, but I did make ramen tonight for dinner! Husband was much less appreciative of trying something new. Exact conversation:

H: Why is there an egg in my ramen? I don't like hard boiled egg.
    Me: Shut up and try it.
    H: But egg yolk is gross.
    Me: Shut up and try it.
    H: Takes a small taste. Oh, well I guess it doesn't suck.
    Me: Hurts herself rolling her eyes.

5ruw0kxdz57n.jpg

For anyone interested, it's packaged miso ramen, a chicken tenderloin, an egg, broccoli and bean sprouts. 625 cals. And it was awesome!
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    I do have a little mat to roll things with that I got from the asian grocery store. Only second time I ever tried using it. Didn't put anything heavy on top though, so I might try that next time.

Hurried today plus dropbox wasn't syncing so didn't have time to post before I left. Had to do a lot today and I'm waking up at an insane hour to jog before work tomorrow as I took someone else's 4 hour shift since it's both of our birthdays but she has family nearby. I'm brought in cake today and my bento. Used the owl one for the first time. Rice, salsa chicken, Brussels' sprouts, corn, mini gouda, kiwi gummies and a little green tea kit kat. No idea on calories, though not too high. I'm not tracking for a couple of days cause Cake! :wink: Shared two of the kiwi gummers and had the gouda as snack right when I got to work. The cake was chocolate and delicious. It's already half gone.

lou7rb0dnq6q.jpg
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    DawnEmbers wrote: »
    I do have a little mat to roll things with that I got from the asian grocery store. Only second time I ever tried using it. Didn't put anything heavy on top though, so I might try that next time.

Hurried today plus dropbox wasn't syncing so didn't have time to post before I left. Had to do a lot today and I'm waking up at an insane hour to jog before work tomorrow as I took someone else's 4 hour shift since it's both of our birthdays but she has family nearby. I'm brought in cake today and my bento. Used the owl one for the first time. Rice, salsa chicken, Brussels' sprouts, corn, mini gouda, kiwi gummies and a little green tea kit kat. No idea on calories, though not too high. I'm not tracking for a couple of days cause Cake! :wink: Shared two of the kiwi gummers and had the gouda as snack right when I got to work. The cake was chocolate and delicious. It's already half gone.

Many happy returns on the anniversary of your natality! Hope the cake tasted like heaven ^_^
  • sagj
    sagj Posts: 256 Member
    edited August 2015
    da56pnkuojtu.jpg
    Today's big salad bento!

Ham, blackberries, pineapple, strawberries, goat cheese, hard boiled egg and spring mix. Served with olive oil and white balsamic vinegar. 650 calories with the dressing if I use it all. Yum!
  • sagj

lou7rb0dnq6q.jpg

Happy birthday!
  • SpecialKitty7

Happy Birthday! And cake totally trumps all.

sagj wrote: »
    da56pnkuojtu.jpg
    Today's big salad bento!

Ham, blackberries, pineapple, strawberries, goat cheese, hard boiled egg and spring mix. Served with olive oil and white balsamic vinegar. 650 calories with the dressing if I use it all. Yum!

Beautiful salad! I love big salads.

• HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member

Happy Birthday!! They have babybel gouda? o.O I may just have to find that.

No real special bentos, however did find a few new boxes at a store called At Home in my area of the USA. I need to remove the sticky tape stuff from the tags better, so forgive the kind of funny look.
    7d43cb80f4afadfc4d0da8f64f9ebefb.png

And also, from the other day, the chicken parm I made e437766e89b9ccc7ddc45a7a608645c4.png
  • DawnEmbers
    I guess it doesn't like me starting a post and finishing it hours later... Anyways, take two.

I found the babybel gouda after seeing it here on this forum. Today was a similar lunch in a different box. Rice, salsa chicken, brussels' sprouts, corn, flower shaped cucumber slices, kiwi gummies, and a green tea kitkat. I shared the gummies with my coworkers.

8pnlyn3ekms6.jpg
  • DawnEmbers
    Okay. Here is today's "I really need to grocery shop" bento. I cut out two bits from leftover pizza (and ate the rest for lunch), have a little gouda, some truffle fries potato chips and kiwi gummies. I'll also have an energy drink at work and maybe some other snack, we'll see. I need more veggies but at least the pizza is mushroom and black olive.

70jczkqrs4j7.jpg
  • sagj
  • nixology
    nixology Posts: 151 Member
    Mine was two sammiches but I ended up only able to finish one so the other was saved for dinner. The weird knobbly bit was the end bit of the bread loaf that I slathered with pumpkin kaya & had that for brekkie with my green smoothie.

One sammich was a bakwa (Chinese beef jerky), pumpkin kaya & brie sammich on orange walnut bread. And the other was a bakwa, artichoke pesto & fried egg sammich on the same type of bread. Had my fruit fix with some oranges & dragon fruit.

cntil318b341.jpg
    zcg9gadbvsmp.jpg
  • nixology
    nixology Posts: 151 Member
    And just packed my lunch for tomorrow. Sambal Petai lagi Sotong (Spicy petai beans with squid) on a bed on white jasmine rice with an egg omelette & some oranges and dragonfruit.
    vxt2o47ahxol.jpg
    6j1s6utahrqw.jpg
    vilgxn673o4k.jpg
  • madiao
    madiao Posts: 119 Member
    @nixology wow that looks really interesting! What does it taste like?
  • andyluvv
    andyluvv Posts: 281 Member
    Okay, I've been following this thread on and off and I have recently acquired a bento style box and have been making my own creations. Unfortunately, I don't really have the things to make cute little stars and things with my veggies (also because I'd be embarrassed to show up with one of those at work).
    At work people always mention how "healthy and organised" my lunchbox is! <3

I owe you guys that, since I've been browsing your pictures for ideas.

First off - someone mentioned a breakfast pot. I recently got this lovely one and it's been great. I carry my homemade yogurt and berries inside it, with my protein granola and about 20g of milled flax seeds.
    h6vw9uya99zv.jpg

Then, we also have my little lunch boxes.
    A bit of an older one:

o17tGfQ.jpg

My lunch today:
    VaxUo7b.jpg

And my lunch for tomorrow!
    Ap4pXwE.jpg?1

That's it!
  • mangrothian
    andyluvv wrote: »
    Okay, I've been following this thread on and off and I have recently acquired a bento style box and have been making my own creations. Unfortunately, I don't really have the things to make cute little stars and things with my veggies (also because I'd be embarrassed to show up with one of those at work).
    At work people always mention how "healthy and organised" my lunchbox is! <3

I owe you guys that, since I've been browsing your pictures for ideas.

First off - someone mentioned a breakfast pot. I recently got this lovely one and it's been great. I carry my homemade yogurt and berries inside it, with my protein granola and about 20g of milled flax seeds.

That's it!

Yay! Another lurker comes out into the sunshine! What's the protein you have in the 3rd picture? Beans and mince?

A few of the girls here have partners who wont take a bento in to work for the exact reasons they specified above, flower/heart shaped vegetables or not. I do like the refrigerator box too ^_^

I think I've mentioned breakfast pots a few times to people who are looking to start out, because they're usually a good size for a bento, in a world where the lunchboxes in the supermarkets are usually never smaller than a litre (at least that's what it's like in Oz).

I've been lazy posting my pics recently; I take them, but just don't post. Here is Monday's turkey soboro and egg bento (for some reason the image keeps rotating >.<):
    3e2pm39kdtjc.jpg

And todays, in my new strawberry box ^_^ Hamburger, rice and kale coleslaw, with some cherry tomatoes and golden squash thrown in for good measure.
    eq80ad3qypac.jpg

• andyluvv
    andyluvv Posts: 281 Member

Yay! Another lurker comes out into the sunshine! What's the protein you have in the 3rd picture? Beans and mince?

A few of the girls here have partners who wont take a bento in to work for the exact reasons they specified above, flower/heart shaped vegetables or not. I do like the refrigerator box too ^_^

I think I've mentioned breakfast pots a few times to people who are looking to start out, because they're usually a good size for a bento, in a world where the lunchboxes in the supermarkets are usually never smaller than a litre (at least that's what it's like in Oz).

I've been lazy posting my pics recently; I take them, but just don't post. Here is Monday's turkey soboro and egg bento (for some reason the image keeps rotating >.<):
    3e2pm39kdtjc.jpg

And todays, in my new strawberry box ^_^ Hamburger, rice and kale coleslaw, with some cherry tomatoes and golden squash thrown in for good measure.
    eq80ad3qypac.jpg

OMG THAT LOOKS ADORABLE!

The second picture had black beans and turkey mince.
    The third one for today is delicious red kidney beans and chinese chicken!

I like to use the top compartment to keep the carb/protein.
    It's the bit that I tend to heat up so it helps to keep it all in one place.

That's a good portion size, right? I think my meal just comes a little bit over 400 cal :)
  • mangrothian
    andyluvv wrote: »

3e2pm39kdtjc.jpg

eq80ad3qypac.jpg

OMG THAT LOOKS ADORABLE!

The second picture had black beans and turkey mince.
    The third one for today is delicious red kidney beans and chinese chicken!

I like to use the top compartment to keep the carb/protein.
    It's the bit that I tend to heat up so it helps to keep it all in one place.

That's a good portion size, right? I think my meal just comes a little bit over 400 cal :)

Portion sizes are whatever suits your tastes, calorie requirements and macros, so everyone does it differently, but your ratios of carb/protein/veg look fine to me.
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    I forgot to post my bento yesterday......and today, I ... I .... I LEFT MY PHONE AT HOME!!!

latest?cb=20130813053359
  • DawnEmbers
    I forgot to post my bento yesterday......and today, I ... I .... I LEFT MY PHONE AT HOME!!!

I hate when I forget my phone. Such a nuisance. That or my wallet cause some nights I have my gym bag so the next day I will forget the wallet was in the gym bag and not my little purse.

No bento today as it's my one day off from work. Get to go grocery shopping though. Need foods.
  • SpecialKitty7

latest?cb=20130813053359

Oh Noes!!

We'll since I have my phone, here's today's bento :tongue: It's my go to, I don't have time, easy bento, pork & mushroom dumplings, edamame and rice mix. I made a snack bento too, but there's nothing exciting to take a picture of there. Except, I did get panda cookies for 81 cents on clearance. So, there's that...
    0mfgv4ruhu2i.jpg