Using Bento Boxes for lunches.

Options

Replies

• SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Lunch today! The rest of the lemon chicken, broccoli, asparagus, ancient peppers and rice under everything. Cals 350. I wanted to stuff a hard boiled egg in there too to get the calories, but couldn't figure it out, so my bunny egg is now a snack. First time using this box, but I've had it a while.

v7nl7ul0vyck.jpg

eta: Ha! If you look real close, you can see my Hello Kitty phone!
  • SpecialKitty7
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Dup!
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I must swim free...........

Ok, finally took a pic of hubby's lunch. Leftover mac/cheese made with ground carrots and chicken and some Reese pieces. 351d3ddee2a18cb23ba763ab52250493.png
  • SpecialKitty7
    Options

Ok, finally took a pic of hubby's lunch. Leftover mac/cheese made with ground carrots and chicken and some Reese pieces. 351d3ddee2a18cb23ba763ab52250493.png

Oh! I read that without looking at the picture, and couldn't figure out why you'd put Reese pieces in the mac & cheese. Good thing the picture clarified that :lol: Your lunch is very cute!
  • moribunny
    moribunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I've just realised how geeky my pic is. Bento box, owl bowl (it's my breakfast bowl I keep at work. The work ones are all too big), "Free!" anime figurine collectible in the background (the bento box is hiding two more from Tokyo ghoul and Haikyuu), and those are some Japanese grammar tables that are stuck to my desk.
    I noticed those things in your background right away, and all they did was make me smile lol I was like "かわいいです!"
  • moribunny
    moribunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    DawnEmbers wrote: »
    gbhgwertmia0.jpg
    That is such a cute bento! *I have a growing obsession with owls*
    Love your little cups, too~
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    I've just realised how geeky my pic is. Bento box, owl bowl (it's my breakfast bowl I keep at work. The work ones are all too big), "Free!" anime figurine collectible in the background (the bento box is hiding two more from Tokyo ghoul and Haikyuu), and those are some Japanese grammar tables that are stuck to my desk.

But your things are so....beautiful
    wsg2samvcrnp.jpg

Rei-chan loves bento!
    x1hhclxwd02m.gif
  • HanamiDango
    Options

Ok, finally took a pic of hubby's lunch. Leftover mac/cheese made with ground carrots and chicken and some Reese pieces.

Oh! I read that without looking at the picture, and couldn't figure out why you'd put Reese pieces in the mac & cheese. Good thing the picture clarified that :lol: Your lunch is very cute!

You know what the funny part to that is? Yeah, hubby told me tonight that the candy spilled all over the food :( I haz the sad panda feels. Lucky he had a spare lunch made by me at work, but still.

Rei-chan loves bento!

free-eternal-summer-episode-4-gou-surprise-bento-check.png
    Sorry had to chime in ^_^
  • mangrothian
    Options

Ok, finally took a pic of hubby's lunch. Leftover mac/cheese made with ground carrots and chicken and some Reese pieces.

You know what the funny part to that is? Yeah, hubby told me tonight that the candy spilled all over the food :( I haz the sad panda feels. Lucky he had a spare lunch made by me at work, but still.

Rei-chan loves bento!

free-eternal-summer-episode-4-gou-surprise-bento-check.png

b-b-b-b-b-bbbbut I dont have a bento today!

I just have this....
    rbod82mta75i.jpg

and this....
    3x2k4x6ne66f.jpg
    now THAT is a perfect tamagoyaki right there!
  • plumsparkle
    plumsparkle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    My bunny egg turned into a blobby egg
  • plumsparkle
    Options

aargh, i forgot i can't use my phones smilies! :(
  • plumsparkle
    Options

aargh, i forgot i can't use my phones smilies! :(

ooh i am so not awake yet! All i was going to add was that i need bigger eggs :) and i ate my blobby egg before i remembered to take a picture :)
  • madiao
    madiao Posts: 119 Member
    Options

wsg2samvcrnp.jpg

Rei-chan loves bento!
    x1hhclxwd02m.gif

Oh God both of your posts made my day!! :)
  • mangrothian
    Options
    madiao wrote: »

wsg2samvcrnp.jpg

Rei-chan loves bento!
    x1hhclxwd02m.gif

Rei-chan mastered the sparkly food background long before Soma-kun entered his first Shokugeki...
  • mangrothian
    Options
    And my humpday bento is: onigiri, veg, pork and chive dumplings sautéed spinach and sesame seeds (under the dumplings), and a small piece of unagi kabayaki (otherwise known as marinated eel, which doesn't sound as good).

It sits at 750 Cal, but I'm on maintenance just for the week, and the joy of being my size/height means maintenance Cals are like 2400, so big lunches for a couple of days.

You'll need to excuse the blurry pic. I took it without my glasses on and didn't know it was out of focus >.<
    1b4fxtcz71p5.jpg
  • SpecialKitty7
    Options
    Today's bento! Chicken w/ sesame seeds, mixed rice, broccoli, carrots (italian dressing in the pot) & something called prune plums. Total cals 430.
    t92d8l3q7fik.jpg
  • HanamiDango
    Options

Rei-chan loves bento!

I just have this....
    rbod82mta75i.jpg

and this....
    3x2k4x6ne66f.jpg

You know as lovely as that is, your lunches look better. At least to me. I have a picture of DH lunch, but it looks sad :( Leftover chicken parmesan, but use a new method to cook it. So while I was looking for soboro recipes I found a baked croquette (korokke) and the site had the recipe for chicken and pork too, I love this tip. She pan fried the breadcrumbs before hand. It turned out really good!! http://www.justonecookbook.com/crispy-baked-chicken
  • SpecialKitty7
    Options

Rei-chan loves bento!

I just have this....
    rbod82mta75i.jpg

and this....
    3x2k4x6ne66f.jpg

You know as lovely as that is, your lunches look better. At least to me. I have a picture of DH lunch, but it looks sad :( Leftover chicken parmesan, but use a new method to cook it. So while I was looking for soboro recipes I found a baked croquette (korokke) and the site had the recipe for chicken and pork too, I love this tip. She pan fried the breadcrumbs before hand. It turned out really good!! http://www.justonecookbook.com/crispy-baked-chicken

I saw the baked korokke recipe too. I've never had a baked or a fried one before, but they look so good in anime >.> If you try it, you'll have to let us know how it was!
  • madiao
    madiao Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    madiao wrote: »

wsg2samvcrnp.jpg

Rei-chan loves bento!
    x1hhclxwd02m.gif

Rei-chan mastered the sparkly food background long before Soma-kun entered his first Shokugeki...

Oh Reo-chan!! Hehehe.

I didn't realise there was anyone else around here who liked this show :smiley:
  • sagj
    sagj Posts: 256 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    And my humpday bento is: onigiri, veg, pork and chive dumplings sautéed spinach and sesame seeds (under the dumplings), and a small piece of unagi kabayaki (otherwise known as marinated eel, which doesn't sound as good).

It sits at 750 Cal, but I'm on maintenance just for the week, and the joy of being my size/height means maintenance Cals are like 2400, so big lunches for a couple of days.

You'll need to excuse the blurry pic. I took it without my glasses on and didn't know it was out of focus >.<
    1b4fxtcz71p5.jpg

Pretty! I had food that needed to be warmed up today so no bento (although it was packed in a box so I suppose it sort of was). Squash-broccoli-chicken gratin and a side salad.

Edit to add picture because, why not? I may have dug in a little first :D About 600 calories
    ufbayxspp997.jpg