Using Bento Boxes for lunches.

Options

Replies

• SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    No bento for me again. My husband has been working opposite hours of me, so by the time I get home, make dinner, exercise, take care of the crew, I'm too tired to make lunch. Just to share what happens if I don't have him to run interference, here's last night's ramen dinner:

zxgyv1jec08b.jpg

Apparently my new kitty has a taste for miso. Sad thing is his slurping ability is better than mine :cry:
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    @SpecialKitty7 i cant remember, but i hope you didn't log the whole serving
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    @SpecialKitty7 i cant remember, but i hope you didn't log the whole serving

I figured the 4 noodles and part of a yolk he ate weren't worth the adjustment :lol:
  • piheart
    piheart Posts: 122 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Bento today:
    Breakfast: waffle, syrup & butter, strawberries, banana, & egg with pesto (312 cal)

Lunch: carrot salad w/dressing and coconut to top, mini quiche, avocado + chicken salad thing, laughing cow & wheat thins (403 cal)

z8q6rcthn9oj.jpg
  • Narcissora
    Narcissora Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    piheart wrote: »
    Bento today:
    Breakfast: waffle, syrup & butter, strawberries, banana, & egg with pesto (312 cal)

Lunch: carrot salad w/dressing and coconut to top, mini quiche, avocado + chicken salad thing, laughing cow & wheat thins (403 cal)

z8q6rcthn9oj.jpg

That banana is way too cute :)
  • votkuhr
    votkuhr Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Left my bento in the office today, so I packed lunch in a glad box.

Pasta with parmesan and crumbled feta cheese, cherry tomatoes, spicy chipotle garlic prawns, grilled chicken breast and tuna!

25xfsliij52u.jpg

• piheart
    Options
    Narcissora wrote: »
    piheart wrote: »
    Bento today:

z8q6rcthn9oj.jpg

That banana is way too cute :)

Haha thank you!! :) I definitely don't use my eye picks enough... gotta keep looking for fun produce to put them on at the grocery store.
  • Narcissora
    Narcissora Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Similar to my bento from yesterday:

k0stxzwqzh88.jpg

Cucumber and tomato salad; champagne grapes; rice with peppers, onions, and salsa verde; and three mini burgers that are happy to be in my bento.
  • plumsparkle
    plumsparkle Posts: 203 Member
    Options

I missed out on the colour and neon runs in Melbourne this year (wasn't quite fit enough to do them yet), and the 'run for your lives' zombie mud run was cancelled. I have a 10km in October now, but that's it :(

Ooh, now I want to do a run for your life zombie mud run!! Will have to look and see if they do one in the uk!
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    The neon glow run was fun though think it would have been better if I had known someone there. Doing it alone just wasn't as fun since almost everyone else was in pairs or groups. We will see how bubble color goes Saturday. I'm also signed up for a hero 5k, need to get a hero costume together still by September 5th. I have a 10k near end of October called Run Like Hell, which is Halloween based with a "clown" type of theme this year.

Decided to do bento for tonight. Last night I slow cooked chicken and potatoes in lite coconut milk with curry paste. Put chicken in separate container then today sautéed little onions and cooked lentils to add to the "curry" liquid and potatoes. There is a little thing of microwave rice under the lentils and such. About 600 calories over all but great numbers in protein from the chicken and lentils. I have so many lentils... Will find some uses for them tomorrow, on my day off from work.

5e3mkq5865ku.jpg
  • piheart
    edited August 2015
    Options
    Bento today:

Breakfast: Blueberries, banana, Greek yogurt + cookies n cream protein powder + cocoa powder, hard boiled egg on spinach! (254 cal)
    Lunch: turkey & laughing cow roll ups, mini quiche, snap peas, quick guac, chicken and wheat thins (445 cal)

z45qjlcjp9en.jpg
  • piheart
    Options
    Narcissora wrote: »
    Similar to my bento from yesterday:

k0stxzwqzh88.jpg

Cucumber and tomato salad; champagne grapes; rice with peppers, onions, and salsa verde; and three mini burgers that are happy to be in my bento.

Looks delicious and happy (:
  • fasheesha16
    fasheesha16 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have never heard to bento lunch box
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Back at work after a 4-day weekend, and thank God for bentos b/c it was the only thing to look forward to:
    ts30nci0g10g.jpg
    Chicken, mixed veggies, rice, and a salad. (And I remembered my salad dressing, yay!)
    Due to my cooking laziness (aka, the way 90+ heat in an apartment with a single window AC unit makes me NOT want to turn on the burners or oven), I will have the exact same bento all 3 workdays this week :p But it was nummy and filling, so it should be fine.
  • moribunny
    moribunny Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I think I have the same owl on the way teehee.
    I ordered a pink one and a yellow one >__< why are these owl bentos soooo kawaii?
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    No food to show but I got my first of two packages today. Thought the second might come first cause the free shipping meant I could get the shortest time frame and still not pay for it. But actually, my first order came earlier than expected. It's so cute! Penguin bento, little food separators, dessert pics with faces on top, and little sauce cups.

qin1qb66vrmx.jpg
  • moribunny
    Options
    DawnEmbers wrote: »
    Oh wow, everything is so cute! Cute accessories make bento more fun.
  • mangrothian
    mangrothian Posts: 1,351 Member
    Options
    bunnyxhime wrote: »
    DawnEmbers wrote: »
    Oh wow, everything is so cute! Cute accessories make bento more fun.
    And that's why I believe in eating with my eyes. If it looks good, and was fun to make, it'll always taste better
    bunnyxhime wrote: »
    I think I have the same owl on the way teehee.
    I ordered a pink one and a yellow one >__< why are these owl bentos soooo kawaii?
    I've always been an owl fan. Most of my coffee cups and stuff have owls on them. The only worry I have about this box is that it's a lot bigger than my others, and I don't want to have the compulsion to fill it when it'll be too much food.

I was so tired when I got home last night that I completely forgot to make my bento. I also forgot to post the pic from yesterdays, so here it is. My go-to quick bento, the smoked salmon flower bento
    boa4cirwvg62.jpg

• luna2dream
    luna2dream Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    So inspired by the Bento meals you have shown here. Visual appeal has so much to do with what we eat and the satisfaction it provides. Thanks for the ideas, going to try this for trip away from home.
  • moribunny
    Options
    That bento is gorgeous; you're so food talented! I bet you'll figure out how to fill up your bento without making it too high calorie. More veggies will probably be the way to go though lol
    I love owls, too! I had been on TOM and saw the cutest horned owl plush, and I wanted it so bad, but it was sold out. There's a white one, too. (I'd post a pic, but don't want to divert from forum topic >.o;)