Vegetables out of a bag unhealthy?

Options
I'm trying to stay away from anything in a bag or box but I really am unsure if vegetables in a bag are unhealthy for you?

Replies

• comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure frozen veg are just as good. Not sure about tinned ones.
  • comptonelizabeth
    comptonelizabeth Posts: 1,701 Member
    Options
    Op, do you mean fresh but bagged vegetables from a supermarket?They're no different,just more expensive
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Frozen veggies are the best. Honestly, they are a timesaver, convenient.. why wouldn't they be healthy?
  • Saaski
    Saaski Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    If they're plain veggies that have been frozen? Nope, not unhealthy at all! In fact, most veggies (and fruits) are flash-frozen at peak ripeness, so they are often a little ""fresher" than the ones that have been sitting out on the shelves.

I buy and eat frozen, bagged veggies all the time. Very convenient, super good for you, quite delicious :)

There's honestly no reason to avoid things that come in a bag or a box, as long as you make good overall choices and don't go to overboard. I buy frozen salmon to thaw out and cook. Those come in a bag. Eggs technically come in a box. Apples are often sold by the bag. Bagged flours, boxed/canned oats, bagged dry beans and legumes...
  • richln
    richln Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    AigreDoux wrote: »
    How do you buy vegetables without bags?

Carry them home in your arms?

gb5vrmvjtrye.jpg

Yeah, but the farmer wrecked them by carrying them to the store in a basket. Seriously though, just eat the vegetables. Whatever they are packaged in has very little influence on their nutritional value.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Famof72015 wrote: »
    I honestly wasn't looking for smart *kitten* responses, so thank you to those who answered my question and didn't make fun of it. I teach my my children to not make fun of people to everyone who just made fun of my question, thanks it made me feel great for asking.

Glad you got your answer.