Home workout buddies to share ideas and help keep motivated

Options

Replies

• TheCupcakeCounter
    TheCupcakeCounter Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Did some interval work on the treadmill this morning - allergies are getting me pretty bad after spending so much time outdoors this weekend so it wasn't super intense. Hopefully they calm down today so I can hit it hard tomorrow.
  • schellies
    schellies Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Workout for Monday May 1, 2017

30 Day Shred DVD (Level 1)
    20 minutes treadmill - 5 minute warm up, 10 minute run, 5 minute cool down

How is the shred? I have it but never used it. Got it from my mom a long time ago.
  • mkeonem
    mkeonem Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Saturday I participated in a 5K. Time was 2min less than the last one so I was super proud of that. And of being able to do a full sprint for the last couple hundred feet. Walked most of it, still fighting tight calf/shin muscles so taking it easy.

Sunday didn't do any specific workout but had a bit of shopping to do so the steps were up there compared to a regular non-exercise day.

Today I am planning to grab a quick bike ride around the neighborhood on my break.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    schellies wrote: »
    Workout for Monday May 1, 2017

30 Day Shred DVD (Level 1)
    20 minutes treadmill - 5 minute warm up, 10 minute run, 5 minute cool down

How is the shred? I have it but never used it. Got it from my mom a long time ago.

I really like 30 day shred. Cardio, abs and strength all in one!
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    Yesterday I did my yoga and went for a run(6.5 miles). I felt really worn out and hungry after, more so than normal. It was really humid, but not hot. Idk, just felt off for some reason.
    Today I started off with insanity fast and furious, then Turbo Jam 20 min workout. Tonight is lifting.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    Options
    20 minute run and some kettle bells today.
  • ankachinu
    ankachinu Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 25, F. My height is 5'6 and currently my weight is 78 kg ( 171.9 lbs ).
    Till 2011 I was very thin. People used to ask me to eat food, I had no curves.
    Then my lifestyle changed and I started having more outside food instead of home cooked, I started gaining weight but as I was extremely thin I liked that weight gain. Got some curves here and there.
    But then the weight didn't stop increasing and by then my eating habit has degraded.
    By 2015 I reached 74ish , I decided to loose some weight was susseful and got down to 60. Wasn't perfect but was happy with it.
    I graduated that year, got a new job, met my now husband. Things were going good.
    Got married last year but my weight had increased again to 68 by then.
    And from last year till today it had increased to 78 ( this is after I lost 3.3kg again, it had reached 81)

Finally I decided that enough is enough, and need to get my things right. Have been controlling my diet from nearly a month and started working out at home since last week.

I jog in place for 40mins and do 20 mins Suryanamaskar ( yoga).
    I am planning to add strength training this week, just not able to get myself mentally ready for it.

I will be sending few friend request in this group and if anyone wants to add me just shoot a request.

I would like to get help and help others in any possible way.
  • niniundlapin
    niniundlapin Posts: 327 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I've been workouting at home for the past 2.5 years now... To be honest, my "ideal gym" standard is making me staying at home: I used to live 3-5 min away from the gym (it'd be about 5-10 min with heavy snow in WNY) with a very salary-friendly monthly rate plus all Les Mills classes I want and good PT team. Now it's down to none of those and I doubt if I can ever find one like that :'( The other reason that kept me at home: I don't like sun exposure and I'd always favor indoor options :p

Anyway~ My current tools are a pair of Bow Flex, subscription of Les Mills On Demand, an at-home version of TRX, and two BeachBody DVD sets (that I rarely use nowadays). My bf also has a door-mounted pull-up bar that I just started using. I get bored VERY easily (lol) and thus I try to have as many choices as possible & to prevent any excuse (even the weather!) to not fulfilling my weekly exercise quota.

For weight training, I use TRX (body weight) and the Bow Flex (ICF 5x5) the most. My cardio mainly comes from various courses in Les Mills On Demand (definitely intense enough!). I'm thinking about getting a barbell set, but I want to go through some sessions with my brother (he's a PT who lives on the other side of Pacific, lol) first and see if that's a doable option...

Happy at-home working out! :)
  • infinitynevermore
    infinitynevermore Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I really started working out about 2.5 weeks ago. All I have are some low-weight dumbbells, which is fine for me for now; I'm working on my form for exercises before trying to increase my weight. For cardio, I can walk around the block with my 11 month old in a stroller, and I can walk around work. I've lost 15 pounds with just diet changes, and have 30 to go.
  • mkeonem
    Options
    Didn't get my bike ride in yesterday cause the weather did not cooperate so I took an early lunch today and got it in before more rain. 3mi in about 25min.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    Options
    10 reps per exercise moving through each circuit non-stop for 10 minutes:

Circuit #1
    35lb Kettlebell swings (American style)
    R leg split squat
    35lb Kettlebell swings (Russian style)
    L leg split squat
    50lb Kettlebell deadlifts

Circuit #2
    12lb med ball situps
    12lb med ball Russian twists
    18lb boby bar weighted glute bridge
    Bosu scissor crunches

Circuit #3
    Weighted step ups (10 each leg while holding 12lb dumbbells in each hand)
    Thrusters with the 18lb body bar
    Upside down Bosu squats

Finished up with some donkey kicks, leg raises, and stretching
  • ankachinu
    ankachinu Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Did 40 mins of jogging in place, burned 300 cal.
    Was having a emmotionaly low day, so managing even this much was a big deal.
  • SABoj
    SABoj Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Looking for your thoughts/ideas on how to help keep the carpeting from getting 'funky' from home workouts. My place doesn't have a large non-carpeted surface to workout...
  • DancingMoosie
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Idk...I never really thought about it...use an area rug? My workout rooms are carpeted.
  • Amys712
    Amys712 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    If you like dancing, look up my hip hop instructor's routines on YouTube. Just search Nicholas Jacobs. Love his stuff!
  • mkeonem
    Options
    SABoj wrote: »
    Looking for your thoughts/ideas on how to help keep the carpeting from getting 'funky' from home workouts. My place doesn't have a large non-carpeted surface to workout...

I have put down a towel under myself for some exercises that aren't super mobile. Other stuff I just keep a hand towel nearby and wipe my self off as needed so I don't soak the floor
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    Options
    SABoj wrote: »

We bought a mat like they have at the weight rooms - a couple of them actually. We have a few that are under our equipment to keep the carpet nice and then one we roll out when doing floor work. Its about the size of 4 yoga mats put together and wipes up really easily. Got it on Amazon for about $30-40 since we didn't need a really good one.
  • TheCupcakeCounter
    Options
    Amys712 wrote: »
    If you like dancing, look up my hip hop instructor's routines on YouTube. Just search Nicholas Jacobs. Love his stuff!

Thanks!
  • mkeonem
    Options
    Today I did 7min on my bowflex stepper to warm up, then I did this work out routine with various "weight" resistance bands:

3 x 8 Bench Press
    1 x 10 Cross-over
    3 x 10 Rows
    1 x 15 Back Flyes
    3 x 15 Squats
    2 x 10 Curls
    2 x 8 Skull-Crushers
    2 x 10 Triceps Extensions
    2 x 8 Shoulder Press
    2 x 8 Lateral Raises
    1 x 10 Up-right Rows
    3 x 8 Good-Mornings
    3 x 10 Calf Raises
    3 x 20 Weighted Crunches

Then did another 7min as a cool down on the bowflex stepper.
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    Yesterday I did Cize "turn it on" and some PiYo core.