Home workout buddies to share ideas and help keep motivated

Options
15678911»

Replies

• ellie7187
    ellie7187 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Ugh, I slacked off yesterday and skipped my workout, expecting to double up today. But now I have a work function this evening and likely won't get to my workout again.

So here's my question...should I try to "triple up" on Wednesday or just get back into my regular routine?
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    ellie7187 wrote: »
    Ugh, I slacked off yesterday and skipped my workout, expecting to double up today. But now I have a work function this evening and likely won't get to my workout again.

So here's my question...should I try to "triple up" on Wednesday or just get back into my regular routine?

What kind of workout do you normally do? If you normally run 5 miles, I would not go for 15, lol! But I see no reason to not do, say a 30 Day shred followed by some extra cardio.
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    Today I did T25 Alpha Cardio and Speed 1.0 Why is it called "speed"? It's cardio intervals followed by stretching, then the last 9 min are straight cardio...
  • ellie7187
    Options

What kind of workout do you normally do? If you normally run 5 miles, I would not go for 15, lol! But I see no reason to not do, say a 30 Day shred followed by some extra cardio.

Hahaha no way I'd do a 15 mile run either! My 3-day in one would be 30 minutes lower body HIIT, 30 minutes upper body HIIT, and then 30 minute power yoga (maybe Pilates as well...). When I list it like that it sounds doable as a one day catch up. No excuses for me tomorrow!!
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    Today: T25 Total Body circuit, 30 min. Yoga flow, lifting weights, walking dogs
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options

Hahaha no way I'd do a 15 mile run either! My 3-day in one would be 30 minutes lower body HIIT, 30 minutes upper body HIIT, and then 30 minute power yoga (maybe Pilates as well...). When I list it like that it sounds doable as a one day catch up. No excuses for me tomorrow!!

How did the triple workout go?
  • ellie7187
    Options

Painfully!!! I'm not sure I'm in the shape to do a triple again (yet). The moral for me is to stop skipping workouts!
  • texmexmfp
    texmexmfp Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    For an at home work out i was turned on to this free workout app called feeletics , or something like that. Got the tipfrom alpha m. over on youtube. This app is awsome, my first workout kicked my *kitten*.
    I was huffin and puffin, and sore for about a day and it felt amazing. The next workout felt even harder, again huffin and puffin but i pushed through it an thought i felt bicep gains like a day later.
    Didn't need ANY equipment, just 4ftx4ft space in my apartment.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    Options

Painfully!!! I'm not sure I'm in the shape to do a triple again (yet). The moral for me is to stop skipping workouts!

Yikes. Okay or just pick up where you left off. Work does happen...all the time. Sounds like a rest day is needed though.
  • elkins3241
    elkins3241 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey there!
    My name is LeChelle and I just work out at home! Looking for motivation buddies!
  • 43Ninebark
    43Ninebark Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm looking for a workout accountability buddy. I keep going up and down with exercise. I enjoy it but I only keep at it for like 2 weeks!! I work out at home too. Dumbbells, pilates/yoga moves, biking, hiking, swimming, rollerblading, running. It'd be nice if I could find someone who'd be like, "Hey! Have you worked out today? Cuz you didn't yesterday, you big muffin top!" Lol jk - not the muffin top part. Just someone who will put me on the spot. If you're interested, plz let me know! Thanks!
  • DancingMoosie
    Options
    Thursday:. T25 Ab Intervals, Cize, lap swim...and about to walk my dogs
  • JCo702
    JCo702 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Started a new 3-week at-home workout program...I'm 10 days in and I'm already seeing and feeling killer results! I'm so proud of myself! Hope everyone else has been killing it!
  • ClariRose
    ClariRose Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get back into a good exercise routine. At home is where it needs to be sure to finances. I have videos and access to Netflx and the internet. My biggest struggle is finding the right time.

Mornings, before work, would be ideal. Unfortunately, due to severe depression over the last couple of years (doing better now thanks to meds), getting up early enough for even a short workout, despite setting the alarm early, hasn't happened yet.

I do have time after work, but most days I'm so mentally exhausted from work that I can't think straight. Forcing myself to exercise then just didn't happen.

I really want to get up early and workout. Even a few minutes is better than nothing, especially considering my current state of physical weakness.

Any support and/or encouragement is greatly appreciated.
  • Daisies4Days
    Daisies4Days Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I have just started my journey... again. Was in good shape in my 30s and early 40s; running, weights, yoga and was doing Crossfit and loved it. I dislocated my knee four years ago and have been struggling ever since. I've gained about 35lbs and have pretty much lost all fitness. I'm on Day 11 of logging food and have started Fitness Blender at home. I'm really enjoying their workouts. I'm keeping track of my macros as well as calories. IRL I am a nurse; I work anywhere from 36-50hrs/wk. I also am a wife and Mom of three. I would love to join this group as I am easily bored and like variety with workouts. I also feel that home workouts are more time efficient. My schedule is pretty hectic.
  • SmithsonianEmpress
    edited July 2017
    Options
    I'm trying to get back into a good exercise routine. At home is where it needs to be sure to finances. I have videos and access to Netflx and the internet. My biggest struggle is finding the right time.

Mornings, before work, would be ideal. Unfortunately, due to severe depression over the last couple of years (doing better now thanks to meds), getting up early enough for even a short workout, despite setting the alarm early, hasn't happened yet.

I do have time after work, but most days I'm so mentally exhausted from work that I can't think straight. Forcing myself to exercise then just didn't happen.

I really want to get up early and workout. Even a few minutes is better than nothing, especially considering my current state of physical weakness.

Any support and/or encouragement is greatly appreciated.

I try and really push myself to do morning workouts. All kinds of things go through my mind throughout the night and early in the morning BUT I don't let those thoughts win. I focus on how I will feel after a good early morning workout and chase that feeling every time. You can do it!!!
  • mkeonem
    mkeonem Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Fell off, tried to do too much too soon and hurt my back again. But today I got some yard work done. Took it easy and stopped when I felt tired. It was good getting back out there and working up a sweat!
  • GonzosaysMeow
    GonzosaysMeow Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    To those of you who want to lift weights, but don't have access: a barbell and weight set can be had for $200-500+, depending on where you get it. A squat/power rack can run you $100-500+. Buying mine years ago has saved me soooo much in gym memberships and time commuting to and from the gym, not to mention increased focus and playing your own music/no lines.

Now motivating yourself to use it may be another story. I have not had a problem and now feel it would be harder to work up the motivation to go to a gym away from home.

You can even work out outside (as I often do at 90 deg +60%+ RH), take breaks inside, use a fan, and drink cold beverages/eat cold fruit.