Any one who has done intermittent fasting and lost weight while having stevia nd milk during fasting

Any one who has done intermittent fasting and lost weight while having stevia or some artificial sweetners and some little bit milk in thier teas and coffees during fasting for 16 or 20 hours and lost pounds???

Replies

• canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Here's the IF group, lots of us do IF and use it for regaining insulin sensitivity, losing excess fat, etc.
    community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/49-intermittent-fasting
  • Brabo_Grip
    Brabo_Grip Posts: 285 Member
    sdolan91 wrote: »
    Girl.... lol...
    Just eat whatever you want but be in a calorie deficit.
    Why do you make so many of these?

I am about 75% sure she is a troll account. Ignores all solid advice and posts a question about an aspect of weight loss that can be controversial around here.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    One of these days you'll realize it's not as complicated as you try to make it.

To answer your question: Adding calories at all during your fasting time doesn't matter at all when it comes to weight loss. What matters is your total calorie intake for the day compared to the amount of calories your body needs. Period.
  • YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    If you are consuming milk and stevia in your coffee, you're breaking your fast.

How is she breaking her fast? Stevia has zero calories, so that isn't doing it, and she doesn't say how much milk she is putting in her coffee. There is no hard and fast rule of how many calories will "break" your fast. Some people claim it is 50, while others say it's 100. If she wants milk and stevia in her coffee, that's her business.
  • rickiimarieee
    rickiimarieee Posts: 2,212 Member
    If you are consuming milk and stevia in your coffee, you're breaking your fast.

How is she breaking her fast? Stevia has zero calories, so that isn't doing it, and she doesn't say how much milk she is putting in her coffee. There is no hard and fast rule of how many calories will "break" your fast. Some people claim it is 50, while others say it's 100. If she wants milk and stevia in her coffee, that's her business.

Not corrected anyone or anything but isn't a fast when you have no calories? It's an honest question. Cause when the doctor tells you to fast after midnight they normally mean like nothing with calories, you're allowed water, tea and coffee but with no sugar or milk and nothing to eat. I fast but I don't have any calories in that time frame. I didn't know that people claim it to be 50 and what not.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    You can't lose weight that way. You need to put eggs in your milk in order for intermittent fasting to work.

Gave it the benefit of the doubt at first, but now I can see it's just someone with less than productive hobbies.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    You can't lose weight that way. You need to put eggs in your milk in order for intermittent fasting to work.

no, no, no... you need BCAAs and coconut oil for weight loss...