Options
marygraci999
marygraci999 Posts: 1,917 Member
Anyone else not drinking...

Replies

• cerin3646
    cerin3646 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Haven't had a drop in four months! Whoop whoop!
  • marygraci999
    Options
    cerin3646 wrote: »
    Haven't had a drop in four months! Whoop whoop!

Good for you!!! I havent had a drink since September...
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    When I started this lifestyle change I gave up beer... switched to tito's instead. LOL Seriously though, I don't drink often, we dont even have alcohol in the house unless we are having a party so the titos are far and few in between. Except for on St Patrick's day that is... :pB)o:)
  • marygraci999
    Options
    KelGen02 wrote: »
    When I started this lifestyle change I gave up beer... switched to tito's instead. LOL Seriously though, I don't drink often, we dont even have alcohol in the house unless we are having a party so the titos are far and few in between. Except for on St Patrick's day that is... :pB)o:)

I love Beer!!! But havent had one in months!!!
  • StatsGuy99
    StatsGuy99 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I have only one or two drinks per week (if I have calories to spare). My wife recently requested that I brew a new batch of beer for her birthday. I'm planning to give all of it away after her party to get it out of the house as quickly as possible.
  • cerin3646
    cerin3646 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My fiance ended up in the hospital for 5 days with acute paincreatitis from drinking. It was very scary for both of us. We have both been sober ever since. :)
  • marygraci999
    Options
    StatsGuy99 wrote: »
    I have only one or two drinks per week (if I have calories to spare). My wife recently requested that I brew a new batch of beer for her birthday. I'm planning to give all of it away after her party to get it out of the house as quickly as possible.

My hubby buys beer he knows I wont drink.. Which is good although I dont drink at home anyways unless we have company.. But thats a great idea to give it away after if you think you need to do it..
  • marygraci999
    Options
    cerin3646 wrote: »
    My fiance ended up in the hospital for 5 days with acute paincreatitis from drinking. It was very scary for both of us. We have both been sober ever since. :)

OMG!!! Thats terrifying.. Im glad you both are sober and well..
  • toddandwendy3
    toddandwendy3 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I surely need too. we should have a group on here for that
  • thunderztormdk
    thunderztormdk Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm from Denmark, we don't really do "no alcohol". I get a few beers here and there, and every now and then I go for a proper night out with live music and beers. If I didn't have my party nights and festivals, I'd go crazy.
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I haven't had a drink since Oct 10th. lol That was my last day of vacation!
  • marygraci999
    Options
    I am about a week away from 5 months. It wasn't just for weight loss. In fact it wasn't even for weight loss, really, but it helps. A lot. Not only because of the calories in the drinks but also because I got hungry for things like a big plate of corn chips with cheese melted all over them. I hope I am done with alcohol, done with being fat and done with making excuses.

Good for you!! How much weight have you lost so far.. I am down 20 pounds
  • marygraci999
    Options
    I haven't had a drink since Oct 10th. lol That was my last day of vacation!

I for sure would have a few on vacation.. I am going to Italy in july and of course I will be having some tasty Italian vino...
  • Alpha12
    Alpha12 Posts: 251 Member
    Options

Congrats! You're down 20lbs since September? Wow! I need to quit drinking and quit making excuses.

• marygraci999
    Options
    Alpha12 wrote: »

Congrats! You're down 20lbs since September? Wow! I need to quit drinking and quit making excuses.

Actually started losing the weight in June so about 5 months.. with exercise and healthy eating.. Plus No Beer.. :s
  • dwilliamca
    dwilliamca Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    I quit nightly wine drinking when I started my diet change and don't miss it a bit now. I do drink a couple glasses of wine if I am in social situations, but skip the beer as the ones I like are very high in calories. My daughter brought me back a bottle of tequila when she was in Mexico and I did enjoy making a lime Margarita before dinner, and the calories were low with just an ounce of booze and no sugary mixers.
  • mysteps2beauty
    mysteps2beauty Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    Not weekdays but on weekends. When I hit maintenance I know I will have drinks now and then, so I want to learn how to master these empty calories now. When I was on maintenance after a 45 lb lost (10 years ago), I restricted to non existence the items that I enjoyed so when I went to maintenance I lost my mind and gained 45 lb plus another 45. So I'm enjoying the things I enjoy just less of it.
  • marygraci999
    Options
    garygse wrote: »
    When I knew I had to lose weight, I made the decision to consume less alcohol (although not stop entirely), so I had a rule where if I had work the next day, then I would not drink the day before. Of course, that just meant I went nuts come the weekend, but eventually, it just sorta ended up weaning me off alcohol entirely. I certainly didn't mean for it to happen that way, but January will mark two years of sobriety, and to be honest, I don't actually miss it.

Good for you!! Thats awesome!!! I am hoping to do the same..