Net Carb Calculation

Options
Is there a way to calculate net carbs with in your daily diary? This feature is sorely needed for low-carb and ketogenic diet’s.

If this feature is not a priority at least offer the ability to track fiber so that we can subtract it manually from our nutritional plans.

Replies

• klenz525
    klenz525 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Follow the steps here: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10107138/must-have-browser-plugin-for-keto-and-mfp-users

It will have you install a browser plugin that calculates net carbs per meal and for the day, also give you some nice pie charts.
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Net carbs are the grams of total carbohydrates in a serving minus its grams of fiber. That's it. And MFP does track your fiber.
  • JMS11366
    JMS11366 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I live in the UK and fibre is already taken from the carb totals on our labels. I put Tesco or Sainsbury's in front of a product i am logging and it takes fibre off. For example 200g of Tesco strawberries will come out 2g of carbs less than plain strawberries.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,964 Member
    Options
    JMS11366 wrote: »
    I live in the UK and fibre is already taken from the carb totals on our labels. I put Tesco or Sainsbury's in front of a product i am logging and it takes fibre off. For example 200g of Tesco strawberries will come out 2g of carbs less than plain strawberries.

And this is why it would make no sense for MFP to try to automatically track net carbs, since entries that are already net carb exist in the database alongside entries that include fiber in total carbs. There is no way for MFP to know whether a user-created entry is total carbs or net carbs.