Citrulline malate

Options
13»

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    fb47 wrote: »
    One thing I don't understand is what do they mean when it says "Citrulline Malate ((S)-N5-Carbamoylornithine) .......................... 5 Grams (providing L-Citrulline ..... 3.4 g)" , does it mean 1 scoop has 5 grams of Citrulline Mallate or does it contain 1.6g in one scoop of 5g? How do you know it's a 1:1 ratio?

If its a 5g serving size and 3.4g is citrulline, than 1.6g is malate. Often for every gram of citrulline, there would be 1.5 to 2g of malate. As noted below.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00EYDJTS8/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_gsXPAbQ1B7688
  • fb47
    fb47 Posts: 1,058 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »
    One thing I don't understand is what do they mean when it says "Citrulline Malate ((S)-N5-Carbamoylornithine) .......................... 5 Grams (providing L-Citrulline ..... 3.4 g)" , does it mean 1 scoop has 5 grams of Citrulline Mallate or does it contain 1.6g in one scoop of 5g? How do you know it's a 1:1 ratio?

If its a 5g serving size and 3.4g is citrulline, than 1.6g is malate. Often for every gram of citrulline, there would be 1.5 to 2g of malate. As noted below.

So I would have to take 4 scoops (4 x 1.6g = 6.4g) for the 6g of citrulline malate? Man this confuses the heck out of me lol
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options

So I would have to take 4 scoops (4 x 1.6g = 6.4g) for the 6g of citrulline malate? Man this confuses the heck out of me lol

Don't worry about the Malate. IMO the Citrulline is the current proven ingredient. So if anything take between 1 - 1.25 scopes. They will keep the citrulline in the range. You want between 3-5g of Citrulline and right now you have 3.6g.
  • fb47
    Options

Don't worry about the Malate. IMO the Citrulline is the current proven ingredient. So if anything take between 1 - 1.25 scopes. They will keep the citrulline in the range. You want between 3-5g of Citrulline and right now you have 3.6g.

Thanks ☺
  • fb47
    Options
    In the end, I'll be taking 6g of the citrulline malate which is the 2-5g of citrulline on my workout days and I take the regular scoop on non workout days.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    The malic acid (maleate) gives it that nice watermelon/sour apple like taste (l-citrulline by itself tastes pretty bland but is quite doable); added benefit: good for masking other bitter flavors mixes well (just mix extemporaneously/right before using though due to the hygroscopic properties...clumping).
  • fb47
    Options
    Rx_Keto wrote: »
    The malic acid (maleate) gives it that nice watermelon/sour apple like taste (l-citrulline by itself tastes pretty bland but is quite doable); added benefit: good for masking other bitter flavors mixes well (just mix extemporaneously/right before using though due to the hygroscopic properties...clumping).

I actually like the sour taste, it reminds me of lemonade.