Body rejecting food.

Options
Not all food.

Along with eating some junk food i mostly eat all the usual eggs, leans meats, veggies, wholemeal breads/ rices etc, but i sometimes struggle to get some of it down.

Like today along with my other meals i cooked some brown rice, and throw some eggs in, kinda make an egg fried rice with some soya, and if needed a pinch of salt to taste.

Although its not the most tasty of meals its ok, and i usually scoff the lot down in no time, but today i put one folk full in my mouth, and i swear i heard my stomach say 'forget it you aint putting that lot down here, i dont need it so go get something else'.I did manage to eat it all, albeit washed down with water.My stomach just seemed to protest it, and its still pretty annoyed haha.

Is it possible that the body can tell you if it don't need a certain food ?.Maybe its feeling short of fats, or some other macro, and you can feel it in this kind of rejection.

It dont have to be junk food its wanting either.

Anyone else struggle to eat certain foods you once enjoyed ?.

Replies

• laciemn
    laciemn Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I don't think your body can "tell" you anything. It's just a sack of meat and water that you control. I believe you just didn't like your meal. If it upset your stomach, either you got indigestion from grease or something, or it was all psychosomatic.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,131 Member
    Options
    If you are having difficulty eating foods perhaps you should see your doctor.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    psychosomatic
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,131 Member
    Options
    Acg67 wrote: »
    psychosomatic

Or an illness setting in.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    It's either all in your head or you have a mild case of the stomach flu.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    maybe its your bodies way to say stop giving me food I don't enjoy???
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    psychosomatic

Or an illness setting in.

That was my immediate thought, too.
  • kikityme
    kikityme Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    That was the first sign my mom was having gall bladder troubles. I'd see a doctor.
  • skinterz
    Options
    laciemn wrote: »
    I don't think your body can "tell" you anything. It's just a sack of meat and water that you control. I believe you just didn't like your meal. If it upset your stomach, either you got indigestion from grease or something, or it was all psychosomatic.

Well its not so much upset.I get that feeling of being hungry, and struggling with this just brought on them feelings even more.

Like i said not all food. My appetite is ok otherwise.
    psychosomatic

Describe what you mean by that mate.

Thanks for the replies.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    My stomach will occasionally say "your sugar goal is 25g and this is 85g"
  • daydreams_of_pretty
    daydreams_of_pretty Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I think I know what you mean. I sometimes feel that way, too. I've noticed that it usually happens if I've been eating a lot of fibrous/protein-packed foods (veggies, fish, complex carbs, etc) or occasionally when I've eaten something really heavy. I'll feel hungry but don't feel like eating. If I don't eat I start to feel horrible from the hunger, but at the same time it's hard to force food down. I've learned that the best way for me to handle it is to eat something easy to digest.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    yes.... Homo erectus didn't know what nutrients they needed yet managed to get a balanced diet nevertheless (assuming adequate food was available)...... there are some mechanisms whereby you crave foods that contain nutrients you need more of, and start to get tired/sick of foods if you're getting too much of one nutrient... I don't think it works right across the board for all nutrients, but people do get cravings for foods containing nutrients they're not getting enough of and if you eat too much of something it will make you feel a bit sick after a while. In these situations you should listen to your body. Are you eating a high protein diet? Protein is very filling and it's really difficult to force yourself to eat even more protein after you've had plenty (anyone who's done a bulking phase can tell you that). Again I think this evolved to prevent overeating. Too much protein is bad for you but it's extremely difficult to eat the amount of protein that would be harmful for a healthy person (I think it's about +400g for an average sized adult male - but that figure needs to be adjusted for body size)
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options

living organisms are sensitive, that means they respond to changes in the internal and external environment.... so yes bodies can tell you an awful lot, and not just human bodies. Even amoebas and relatively simple organisms get information from their internal environment.

There are lots of examples where the body lets the brain know that they've eaten enough... like the signal from the stomach to stop eating when you've eaten enough. (one example) This happens sooner if the meal contains a lot of protein. (another example) and if you've eaten something toxic, irritating or indigestible, then signals are sent to the brain to trigger the vomiting reflex...
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,353 Member
    Options
    skinterz wrote: »

Well its not so much upset.I get that feeling of being hungry, and struggling with this just brought on them feelings even more.

Like i said not all food. My appetite is ok otherwise.
    psychosomatic

Describe what you mean by that mate.

Thanks for the replies.

Psychosomatic means it's all in your head. I know what you mean though. I have the same reaction when I try to eat Lima beans or any other yucky food.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    It sounds more like you're getting sick.

You either don't like the food and it was in your head- or you're getting sick, because usually your body "rejecting" food comes in two forms.
    - either you throw it up immediately or fairly shortly there after
    - or you throw it out later in a rather violent and significantly more liquid form
  • meridianova
    meridianova Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    skinterz wrote: »
    Not all food.

Along with eating some junk food i mostly eat all the usual eggs, leans meats, veggies, wholemeal breads/ rices etc, but i sometimes struggle to get some of it down.

Although its not the most tasty of meals its ok, and i usually scoff the lot down in no time, but today i put one folk full in my mouth, and i swear i heard my stomach say 'forget it you aint putting that lot down here, i dont need it so go get something else'.I did manage to eat it all, albeit washed down with water.My stomach just seemed to protest it, and its still pretty annoyed haha.

Is it possible that the body can tell you if it don't need a certain food ?.Maybe its feeling short of fats, or some other macro, and you can feel it in this kind of rejection.

i go through bouts of this at times... i learned long ago (when i was pregnant) that if my stomach says "no way am i letting you eat THAT!", the best thing to do is put down the fork and slowly back away. trying to force it down will only result in making me sick later. there are times it has been so bad that i've had to consciously "ask" my stomach what it wants... whatever idea doesn't immediately make me nauseous might be ok.

sometimes i'm safer not eating anything than trying to eat something i don't really want.
  • skinterz
    Options
    I think I know what you mean. I sometimes feel that way, too. I've noticed that it usually happens if I've been eating a lot of fibrous/protein-packed foods (veggies, fish, complex carbs, etc) or occasionally when I've eaten something really heavy. I'll feel hungry but don't feel like eating. If I don't eat I start to feel horrible from the hunger, but at the same time it's hard to force food down. I've learned that the best way for me to handle it is to eat something easy to digest.

Thats it exactly.
    yes.... Homo erectus didn't know what nutrients they needed yet managed to get a balanced diet nevertheless (assuming adequate food was available)...... there are some mechanisms whereby you crave foods that contain nutrients you need more of, and start to get tired/sick of foods if you're getting too much of one nutrient... I don't think it works right across the board for all nutrients, but people do get cravings for foods containing nutrients they're not getting enough of and if you eat too much of something it will make you feel a bit sick after a while. In these situations you should listen to your body. Are you eating a high protein diet? Protein is very filling and it's really difficult to force yourself to eat even more protein after you've had plenty (anyone who's done a bulking phase can tell you that). Again I think this evolved to prevent overeating. Too much protein is bad for you but it's extremely difficult to eat the amount of protein that would be harmful for a healthy person (I think it's about +400g for an average sized adult male - but that figure needs to be adjusted for body size)

My protein is just above average...dont know if you got access to my food diary.I do eat more fiber that anything else, and im starting to reject it.

I did notice today i had a very strong craving.It wasn't for the usual cakes or sweet stuff (of which i never crave for), but for a big stack of baby back ribs..or any ribs...ahh i could do some real damage to some honey spare ribs...or some nice bbq ribs.

Thanks for the replies...its not what i necessarily wanted to hear, but i knew i wasn't sick or had some deadly disease like some thought LOLZ.
  • Vina4
    Vina4 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I go through the same thing on an occasion. It especially happens if i have been consistently eating the same thing every day. (example eggs for breakfast) So it could be your body telling you to switch it up and give it something different. My body wont handle donuts or fast food at all anymore even if i really really want it. It just isnt worth the way it makes my stomach and I feel.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    I had this happen to me once with a bowl of vegetable soup - took one bite, said "nope," and threw away the entire thing, including the container...however, that was how I figured out I was pregnant with my daughter. :o
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    I have this problem with Pizza Hut, my body always rejects it!