While We're Waiting for Pinned Topics to Come Back - All those useful links we post and repost

Options

Replies

• mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    snikkins wrote: »
    mantium999 wrote: »
    I am curious if any mods are actually following this. If they are, why are they not providing some sort of response? Obviously, this is an issue that matters, especially to the more knowledgeable members. Which is important, because if MFP experts aren't providing guidance, especially to new members, then it falls on the experienced members to help guide through the pages upon pages of nonsense that others suggest. The only reason I stuck around this site was because of the wonderful information and discussion that is included in threads like the ones linked, especially when I, like so many others, was completely clueless when I started.

The more cynical part of me thinks that it may be a ploy for people to buy the premium service. After all, if you can't seem to stop failing and none of the free information works, why not try the service with special nutrition advice and blog posts?

Edited, to not put this thread at risk too.
  • mantium999
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Edited, to remove off topic noise.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options
    I hope someone has all of these links handy to start a new thread in case this one gets deleted!
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I am curious if any mods are actually following this. If they are, why are they not providing some sort of response? Obviously, this is an issue that matters, especially to the more knowledgeable members. Which is important, because if MFP experts aren't providing guidance, especially to new members, then it falls on the experienced members to help guide through the pages upon pages of nonsense that others suggest. The only reason I stuck around this site was because of the wonderful information and discussion that is included in threads like the ones linked, especially when I, like so many others, was completely clueless when I started.

The more cynical part of me thinks that it may be a ploy for people to buy the premium service. After all, if you can't seem to stop failing and none of the free information works, why not try the service with special nutrition advice and blog posts?

Careful, I went down that path yesterday. Promptly had several of my posts, and 2 threads, deleted, and received a warning. Touched a nerve, apparently.

Oh wow. That's something for sure then.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    To quote @Olivia, from the MFP Suggestions/Feedback forum.
    "The bug with recent discussions on the homepage not being the most recent discussion was fixed this morning. If anyone is still seeing this issue, please let me know."
    I guess they are busy with other items and haven't gotten to this yet.

Other items we're STILL waiting to be fixed:
    ignore a user in the forums
    group search
    threads to pop up in our newsfeed

it's been months and that hasn't been fixed so I doubt we'll ever get a real explanation besides "we;re rotating the stickies"
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I hope someone has all of these links handy to start a new thread in case this one gets deleted!

I saved them all and have added new ones to the document since I made this thread way back in October (when the boards changed over and there were no stickies for a short while). I don't know if I'll bother reposting if this one is deleted since any post right now is just going to become fodder for people to air their grievances with the moderators. I'd be happy to send the list to others if they're interested in trying a post that won't go down this road again and again. The only reason I bumped this one is that it's so old that it felt expendable.
  • mantium999
    Options

I saved them all and have added new ones to the document since I made this thread way back in October (when the boards changed over and there were no stickies for a short while). I don't know if I'll bother reposting if this one is deleted since any post right now is just going to become fodder for people to air their grievances with the moderators. I'd be happy to send the list to others if they're interested in trying a post that won't go down this road again and again. The only reason I bumped this one is that it's so old that it felt expendable.

You have done good work here. For the sake of not risking the viability of this thread, which contains much valuable information, I will only contribute positive good karma thoughts going forward. My hats off to you for keeping this one alive.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

Agreed. You are awesome and such a level-headed and helpful contributor to this forum! Just thought you should know that! :flowerforyou:
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options

Agreed. You are awesome and such a level-headed and helpful contributor to this forum! Just thought you should know that! :flowerforyou:

+1

• 3bambi3
    3bambi3 Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options

+1

+2
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »
    Just stumbled across this.

I know, me too... awesome to keep track of these to pass along!!

Thanks to @diannethegeek & all :)
    3bambi3 wrote: »

+1

+2
    Absolutely agree!! <3
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Teetering around the asylum, this looks like a sane refuge

In
    definitely got me giggling @rabbitjb
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    "The bug with recent discussions on the homepage not being the most recent discussion was fixed this morning. If anyone is still seeing this issue, please let me know."

group search

it's been months and that hasn't been fixed so I doubt we'll ever get a real explanation besides "we;re rotating the stickies"

Also the ability to moderate your own group. That should have been done a long time ago.
    ! As a group mod...I have no words left regarding this. :#

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options

group search

This isn't a glitch to be fixed though

This is a strategic (?) decision by MFP staff who appear not to have / be investing time in reading the thread that have been stickied / unstickied nor listening or discussing the issues with members who are trying to make this place worthwhile

To be fair it is is only sooper helpful thread that has no place being stickied

I am trying to leave this open ended so any staff member who would care to discuss this issue, that IMHO is growing rather than abating, can weigh in

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options

+a billionty

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »

group search

This isn't a glitch to be fixed though

This is a strategic (?) decision by MFP staff who appear not to have / be investing time in reading the thread that have been stickied / unstickied nor listening or discussing the issues with members who are trying to make this place worthwhile

To be fair it is is only sooper helpful thread that has no place being stickied[b/]

I am trying to leave this open ended so any staff member who would care to discuss this issue, that IMHO is growing rather than abating, can weigh in

True. That thread is anything BUT helpful. The other new stickied thread is good information.

• juggernaut1974
    juggernaut1974 Posts: 6,212 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

2749922-I-DONT-ALWAYS-BUMP-A-THREAD-BUT-WHEN-I-DO-ITS-FOR-GOOD-REASON-STAY-THIRSTY-MY-FRIENDS.jpg
  • Alex
    Alex Posts: 10,149 MFP Staff
    Options
    ceoverturf wrote: »
    2749922-I-DONT-ALWAYS-BUMP-A-THREAD-BUT-WHEN-I-DO-ITS-FOR-GOOD-REASON-STAY-THIRSTY-MY-FRIENDS.jpg

Hey folks - we are simply trying to honor many requests we have had to rotate sticky topics rather than keeping some in perpetuity. We heard you though and are adding a main sticky in each category; previous stickies are at the top, new ones we will rotate through are lower down on the list. Most of these should be live by now, the rest will be done by end of day.