How Do You Keep Motivated

Options
to post in the forums if you are navigationally challenged? I get lost all the time and I don't want to need GPS for MFP, too.

Any tips for pushing through that forum fog?

Replies

• _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    If you drink enough it almost. Almost looks like the original forums.

[img]http://ed_wp-content_v2.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/SupermanBar.gif[/img]

Not that it's anymore functional. It's just that it APPEARS to be more functional. *hic*
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Wearing sunglass helps.

"blinded by the light....."
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options
    No tips. No giggity.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    LoraF83 wrote: »
    Wearing sunglass helps.

Yep, I'd like to respond appropriately, but I got so much white light shining on me I can barely think.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Options
    Unfortunately, you'll also probably never know that I responded to this since there's virtually no way of tracking threads now.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I wish I could help, but I've recently lost my motivation to post as well. When I was younger I could post all night and even when I thought I was done posting, I could get the urge to post some more until the sun came up. But with this forum upgrade, I just sit here with this limp keyboard in my hand.

In fact, I wasn't even trying to post just now. I got lost in these new "upgraded" forums while trying to find my way back to my group. Can someone point a brother in the direction of his groups?
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Look, they added like 4 new features that are really nice. So does it REALLY matter that we can't find our threads anymore?
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    LoraF83 wrote: »
    Wearing sunglass helps.

Yep, I'd like to respond appropriately, but I got so much white light shining on me I can barely think.

*passes extra sunglasses around*

See, isn't that better?

And it's surely better than having "white knight" shining all over you? They probably can't find the forums yet either.

• ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    Guise be nice, the programmers have feelings. They are apparently not professionals paid to do a job, just balls of feels.
  • fivethreeone
    fivethreeone Posts: 8,196 Member
    Options
    Well, it looks like there is GPS for threads that I create-- it notifies me with a popup that someone has responded. Yay! Now I just have to be the OP of everything!
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Well, it looks like there is GPS for threads that I create-- it notifies me with a popup that someone has responded. Yay! Now I just have to be the OP of everything!

There's GPS for the ones you star.

Unless it's in groups. Why would we need to be able to find our way back to group threads anyway?
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Options

Unless it's in groups. Why would we need to be able to find our way back to group threads anyway?

My star thingy doesn't always work.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Wake me up when they upgrade to forum software that looks like something from this century. It's like 1995 all over again in here.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Mine are coming and going.

I would assume they're going to fix it but . . .
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    pVqxzOr.gif
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    If you drink enough it almost. Almost looks like the original forums.

[img]http://ed_wp-content_v2.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/SupermanBar.gif[/img]

I don't think I have enough calories left for the day, for that.
  • tameko2
    Options

Mine are coming and going.

I would assume they're going to fix it but . . .

Ladies, this sounds like a problem you need to ask a doctor about. Strangers on the internet may not be the right people to ask about problems with your star.
  • Cadori
    Cadori Posts: 4,810 Member
    Options

Also, now THIS will appear in your topics! Yay!

Not anything you reply to...there's some weird workaround for that. But again, the workaround doesn't work for groups. Because it isn't as if the only thing tolerable about these forums was the the groups. Oh wait, no, switch that.
  • tameko2
    Options
    Cadori wrote: »

Also, now THIS will appear in your topics! Yay!

Not anything you reply to...there's some weird workaround for that. But again, the workaround doesn't work for groups. Because it isn't as if the only thing tolerable about these forums was the the groups. Oh wait, no, switch that.

wait, what's the workaround? I can't find any damn thing.