Best time of day for carbs?

Options
13»

Replies

• BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want whenever you want. Even if it does make a difference what time of day you ate them, the difference is so minuscule that it's a moot point. If it mattered, then intermittent fasting wouldn't be a thing.

If you're trying to lose weight, you're burning everything off all day anyway if you're in a calorie deficit. That's what really matters for weight loss.

This is not entirely true. The reason to eat carbs at specific time is to control your insulin levels and when they are spiked. The reason to control insulin levels is maximize your body's insulin sensitivity and GH (growh hormone) levels. For example eating carbs late or anything (especially sugar) will spike insulin production. Insulin and growth hormone are antagonistic and don't coexist well. If you spike insulin before you sleep you will inhibit your GH levels and GH is ESSENTIAL for building muscle and burning fat. The more GH the better you can burn fat and build muscle which is why pro BB take it like its going out of style.

That being said, especially if your not concerned with building muscle, yes it is somewhat irrevelant as long as your in a calorie deficit you will lose fat. If however you are looking for every advatange eat carbs in the morning and post workout and avoid them late at night.

Insulin makes you gain weight now? :|

I highly doubt the OP is going the pro BB direction and asking if carb timing is a thing.
    Yes insulin is a fat storing hormone

:lol: I'd love to know how going over my sugar intake every day and eating pints of ice cream before bed led to me greatly reducing my BF%, losing 53 lbs, and improving my overall fitness happened if this were true. Calorie surplus results in fat storing....
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want whenever you want. Even if it does make a difference what time of day you ate them, the difference is so minuscule that it's a moot point. If it mattered, then intermittent fasting wouldn't be a thing.

If you're trying to lose weight, you're burning everything off all day anyway if you're in a calorie deficit. That's what really matters for weight loss.

This is not entirely true. The reason to eat carbs at specific time is to control your insulin levels and when they are spiked. The reason to control insulin levels is maximize your body's insulin sensitivity and GH (growh hormone) levels. For example eating carbs late or anything (especially sugar) will spike insulin production. Insulin and growth hormone are antagonistic and don't coexist well. If you spike insulin before you sleep you will inhibit your GH levels and GH is ESSENTIAL for building muscle and burning fat. The more GH the better you can burn fat and build muscle which is why pro BB take it like its going out of style.

That being said, especially if your not concerned with building muscle, yes it is somewhat irrevelant as long as your in a calorie deficit you will lose fat. If however you are looking for every advatange eat carbs in the morning and post workout and avoid them late at night.

I highly doubt the OP is going the pro BB direction and asking if carb timing is a thing.

:lol: I'd love to know how going over my sugar intake every day and eating pints of ice cream before bed led to me greatly reducing my BF%, losing 53 lbs, and improving my overall fitness happened if this were true. Calorie surplus results in fat storing....

You and I are precious little snowflakes!
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options

You and I are precious little snowflakes!

1pan1kjnlhtf.gif