Does anyone have any healthy snack ideas ?

Options
Hi! Does any one have any healthy snack ideas ? I have been having fruit and slim fast snack bars but I'm getting really bored , would really appreciate any helpful tips x

Replies

• agal129
    agal129 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    beef jerky, boiled eggs, nuts (almonds, pistachios), string cheese, hummus & veggies, bananas with peanut butter (one of my faves).
  • Tikibar72
    Tikibar72 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    My go-to afternoon snack is cottage cheese with yogurt and fresh fruit. Fills in the gap between lunch and dinner with a good dose of protein and carbs without a huge calorie hit.
  • AlanaTedmon
    AlanaTedmon Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Boiled eggs and cheese will keep you nice and full until your next meal!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Aside from the usual fruit/string cheese/almonds/baby carrots ideas...my current go-to's are graham crackers with peanut butter and/or jelly, and cold cereal w/milk (I drink skim because I prefer the taste)
  • ShannonS921
    Options
    I love hummus with pretzels or baby carrots. I've also tried different variations of fruit to keep it from getting boring...I love cutting up apples with a little cinnamon and raisins and microwaving them for a quick baked apple. Also, frozen bananas make a good fake ice cream...
  • PokeyBug
    PokeyBug Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    Boiled eggs are very filling, and there's very little danger you're going to lose control and binge on them. I also eat raw broccoli for a snack. Cottage cheese, meat roll-ups (slice of lunch meat and a slice of cheese, rolled up together), protein shakes, carrots, and, even though it would involve fruit, what about a smoothie?
  • NewMummy96
    NewMummy96 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the tips! I will try them x
  • brandigyrl81
    brandigyrl81 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Some of my favorite snacks are peanut butter and apples, cheese, nuts, nature valley granola bars, and tuna and crackers.
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    my favorite snack here lately is yogurt and berries, very filling, the other one is peanut butter and rice cake with tad of jelly, also very feeling
  • NewMummy96
    NewMummy96 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    PokeyBug - thank you, what protein shakes do you have ? X
  • AnneCoolbreze
    AnneCoolbreze Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Lots of great ideas already. If you're looking for a more sweet option I do greek yogurt with a sprinkle of cinnamon and a drizzle of honey.
  • astroophys
    astroophys Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    raw leafy veggies wrapped in a slice of turkey, chopped boiled egg mixed with spices and greek yogurt (or mayo), cucumber with tuna, tomato slices with lemon pepper, cook an apple or pear with spices.
  • buttermilkdrop
    Options
    apples and PB are my go-to. I also like the snack packs of almonds. I need a little fat and protein to hold me over.
  • nomoredoughnuts
    nomoredoughnuts Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Figs, almonds and dark chocolate or oatcakes & almond butter. A banana and peanut butter or an apple with peanut butter mixed with a tiny bit of greek yoghurt.

A bigger snack can be oats + greek yoghurt + berries (other fruits are nice too) + a teaspoon of honey, you can also add peanut butter.

Dried fruit is also nice but make sure you get the one with no added sugar and that you dont binge on it!

I like pomodorino tomatoes with a bit of cheese and oatcakes. When I crave something salty, I like to eat cucumber sticks with a bit of salt sprinkled on them. I also love pickles and jalapenos on their own (a bit weird I know lol).
  • RoseyDgirl
    RoseyDgirl Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    a spoonful of a nutbutter on celery (for that little bit of crunch, plus the addition of the nut-oil to curb appetite. :)
  • BrawlerBella
    BrawlerBella Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    I'm bad with my choices. I subscribed to graze.com and they send me a box of 4 prepackaged snacks per week. Each week is a different assortment that keeps me from getting bored.
  • blossomingbutterfly
    blossomingbutterfly Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I keep reading boiled eggs on here and oh my gosh it's making me want some! I wish I could. I'm lactose intolerant and egg intolerant so I can't eat most of what's been suggested.

Greek yogurt is definitely filling and a good snack!
    I agree with the boiled eggs suggestion.

I try to have baby carrots and some dip. Portioned right it's low calorie :)
    Another one I like are these fibre 1 bars I've found. Delicious!
    I'll be trying carrot chips soon and cantaloup chips. I found the recipes today.
    I also enjoy cucumbers.
    Grape tomatoes are great!

I hope that helps to give you some good ideas.
  • RoseyDgirl
    RoseyDgirl Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    if you like to cook, you can find some low or no-grain recipes, and some out there are low sugar... and make your own treats. no grain banana bread? pumpkin bread? ... vegan chocolate pudding? ... there's so many options when you're willing to mix ingredients. :)
  • thecrushinator
    thecrushinator Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    1 pound of celery
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    Apple and PB (microwave the apple - mixed with cinnamon- before topping with PB in the winter for a pie-type of snack) .. granola bar, coffee.. those are my go-to.. but you can do anything really. What are you craving? Go from there. There are some great recipes for mug-cakes/brownie/cookie looking things..
    I love having strawberries with some dark chocolate.. really kicks the cravings. I've been known to frequent Special K 100 calorie crisps with peanut butter.. but they aren't really that filling..