Does anyone have any healthy snack ideas ?

Options
2»

Replies

• themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,991 Member
    Options
    I like popcorn, mini rice cakes carmel corn is my favorite or apple cinnamon, quaker granola bars, hummus with rice crackers,trail mix, fresh fruit popscicles,
    I also subscribe to naturebox.com love the variety
  • astroophys
    astroophys Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    RoseyDgirl wrote: »
    if you like to cook, you can find some low or no-grain recipes, and some out there are low sugar... and make your own treats. no grain banana bread? pumpkin bread? ... vegan chocolate pudding? ... there's so many options when you're willing to mix ingredients. :)

I second this! Last night, I made a no-grain peanut butter muffin in the microwave in 2 minutes. It was surprisingly tasty (and super easy to make).
  • BenjaminS_Fitness
    BenjaminS_Fitness Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    a smoothie of 100g frozen banana with one scoop of whey protein (30g, using scitec whey chocolate) with one cop of coffee and 50ml of 0.1% fat milk and 3 ice cubes. tastes like a drink you could buy from starbucks but with obviously a lot less calories.

cottage cheese with fruits

a salad with pineapple, chicken or something like that (get some fresh pineapple on a salad with balsamico dressing) very low in calories but obviously you have to watch the calories on the dressing (a lot of the dressings in the supermarket/homemade recipes are low in calories tho)

berries/grapes are great to snack on

if you want something warm there are beans in tomato sauce from Heinz. One can (415grams!) has 300calories and 15grams of fiber
  • NewMummy96
    NewMummy96 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for all the tips x
  • food911
    Options
    astroophys wrote: »
    RoseyDgirl wrote: »

I second this! Last night, I made a no-grain peanut butter muffin in the microwave in 2 minutes. It was surprisingly tasty (and super easy to make).

Could you post the recipe here please?
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    apples with peanut butter- hummus and cucumbers- nuts-cheese are my favs
  • shortntall1
    shortntall1 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    An apple with jif whips..its lower in calories.
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I love Snappea Crisps - the wasabi ranch flavor. YUM!