Banana Bread was left hanging on our front Door !

Options

Replies

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Reel81 wrote: »
    Stuff like that goes directly in the trashcan on the street, without even being opened or sampled. I'd thank my sister for the gesture but insure the paraphernalia does not remain in the home to be eaten.

That just makes absolutely no sense at all. None.

I think it's called calories in calories out
  • daydreams_of_pretty
    daydreams_of_pretty Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I want banana bread so badly right now. Banana nut bread would be even better. Hot. Cold. Muffin style. I don't really care.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    I want banana bread so badly right now. Banana nut bread would be even better. Hot. Cold. Muffin style. I don't really care.

I'm making some banana bread with pecans now thanks to this thread. When I'm done I better hide it cause paraphernalia and all ... the things I learn on the forums
  • daydreams_of_pretty
    Options
    jwhited71 wrote: »

I'm making some banana bread with pecans now thanks to this thread. When I'm done I better hide it cause paraphernalia and all ... the things I learn on the forums

You better hope the police don't get wind of all that paraphernalia stashed in your kitchen. :sunglasses:

Also, I'm super jelly of you right now.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options

You better hope the police don't get wind of all that paraphernalia stashed in your kitchen. :sunglasses:

I know I'm worried I heard police sirens earlier and thought they were coming to arrest me.

I'll share..oh I made cinnamon rolls earlier today too. I'm gonna get locked up for a long time with this stash
  • daydreams_of_pretty
    Options

I know I'm worried I heard police sirens earlier and thought they were coming to arrest me.

I'll share..oh I made cinnamon rolls earlier today too. I'm gonna get locked up for a long time with this stash

Criminal! :open_mouth:

I shouldn't associate with the likes of you, but I'm so tempted to get in the car because your paraphernalia smells like bananas!
  • Amyafm
    Amyafm Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I made a good banana bread a few weeks ago that satisifies wanting the full fat version. At least for me. And I did bring to work for coworkers to share so they could see eating healthy isn't so bad, and so I wouldn't continue to snack on it at home.

From Denise Austin's website:
    Banana Bread

Ingredients
    2 cups whole-grain pastry flour
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    1/2 teaspoon baking soda
    1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    1/4 teaspoon salt
    1/2 cup sugar
    1 large egg
    3 tablespoons canola oil
    1 cup mashed overripe bananas (about 2 medium)
    1/2 cup light vanilla yogurt
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Preparation

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line an 8-inch by 4-inch loaf pan with foil, letting the ends hang over. Coat the foil with cooking spray.

In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.

In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar, egg, and oil until well blended. Whisk in the bananas, yogurt, and vanilla extract.

Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just blended. Scrape into the prepared pan.

Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the loaf has shrunk from the sides of the pan and a wooden pick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool for 30 minutes. Using the foil, lift the bread out of the pan. Carefully peel off the foil and let the bread cool completely on the rack.

Makes 12 slices

Per slice: 140 calories, 25 g carbohydrates, 3 g protein, 4 g total fat, 20 mg cholesterol, 2 g dietary fiber, 190 mg sodium

http://www.deniseaustin.com/fit/newsletters/banana-bread-recipe?xid=nl_DeniseAustinsMorningStretch_20130224
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options

This is why we're friends. :heart:

This is happening... I already have fresh pie pumpkin that I roasted and pureed myself.

And maybe this ice cream!!

Some pumpkin pancakes Saturday morning for sure, since it's my anniversary and all.

And if DH gets the baking powder I need on the way home... a pumpkin spice bundt cake.

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,385 Member
    Options
    Have you told your sister that you're currently on a diet and trying to avoid baked goodies? Maybe you should see if anybody else would like it?

Personally, if it were me, I wouldn't say anything about being on a diet. For one thing, I've heard so so many people say "oh, I can't, I'm trying to lose weight" and then they have a big greasy meal. I'd just accept it and donate it to the local soup kitchen, not say anything to her about what I did, just say "thank you, it was very good" If making the bread and giving it to you make her happy, why take that joy away from her? Let someone else enjoy it.

exermom
  • caracrawford1
    caracrawford1 Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    Have you told your sister that you're currently on a diet and trying to avoid baked goodies? Maybe you should see if anybody else would like it?

Mmm...idk about "diet". Diets are temporary changes. She could thank her sister for the treat and fit it into her calorie budget like shell have to do for the rest of her LIFE.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »

Unless you're sharing with me, I don't care.

Who am I kidding......you know I care. Sigh.....
    Cmere I'll share with you. I'll even make you some special with no cinnamon cause I can be nice even if I'm a criminal

• Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Reel81 wrote: »
    Stuff like that goes directly in the trashcan on the street, without even being opened or sampled. I'd thank my sister for the gesture but insure the paraphernalia does not remain in the home to be eaten.

:disappointed_relieved:

• GiveMeCoffee
    Options

This is happening... I already have fresh pie pumpkin that I roasted and pureed myself.

Some pumpkin pancakes Saturday morning for sure, since it's my anniversary and all.

And if DH gets the baking powder I need on the way home... a pumpkin spice bundt cake.

I want pictures of all of this YUM!!

• PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options

I want pictures of all of this YUM!!

Duh. Cream cheese is out softening now. :mrgreen:
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Cathalain wrote: »
    Donate the banana bread to a homeless organization or a soup kitchen. They could definitely use the food and it would be greatly appreciated. Might make you feel good, too.

They probably can't take it. I used to volunteer for a homeless shelter, and we could only take packaged stuff or stuff from known entities (like baked goods donated by Starbucks, which people generally didn't eat, they preferred cereal for breakfast). We had dinners that we cooked by various volunteers, but you couldn't just bring by homemade stuff and drop it off.

Years ago, when I was in school, we had an event with giant subs and there was tons leftover and everyone wanted to donate to a shelter but again not permitted. We ended up giving it all to some guy who said his fraternity would like it.
  • Oi_Sunshine
    Oi_Sunshine Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Why do people throw perfectly good food out?? Freeze it way in the back and break it open for visitors, share it at work, bless homeless people with fresh baked banana bread, give it to your neighbor or bring it to a seniors home, bring it to a nearby school for the teachers or kids who didn't bring enough lunch... or just throw it out in a huff because you lack self control.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Why do people throw perfectly good food out?? Freeze it way in the back and break it open for visitors, share it at work, bless homeless people with fresh baked banana bread, give it to your neighbor or bring it to a seniors home, bring it to a nearby school for the teachers or kids who didn't bring enough lunch... or just throw it out in a huff because you lack self control.

I know, right. Totally agree with you.

Throwing away perfectly good food...such First World Problems.