Eating while not hungry

Options
Is so annoying!!!! The end :) hope everyone had a great workout today and clean eating!

Replies

• La5Vega5Girl
    La5Vega5Girl Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    i was in that predicament today! i was not hungry AT ALL - could have gone w/o eating all day but forced about 1200 calories down, not sure how! my husband kept emailing me to remind me to eat! if i had this problem before, i wouldn't have gained so much weight! LOL
  • squishprincess
    squishprincess Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    i feel this! feels like a chore sometimes instead of a treat to look forward to!
  • creative_fruit
    Options
    I have had the problem my whole life
  • lemonlionheart
    lemonlionheart Posts: 580 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    If I'm not hungry, I don't eat? I figure I could save those cals for the weekend when I want an extra drink or a nice dinner ;)
  • GenesiaElizabeth
    GenesiaElizabeth Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    If I'm not hungry, I don't eat? I figure I could save those cals for the weekend when I want an extra drink or a nice dinner ;)

Same here, as long as my macros are close enough, I don't mind eating less on days where I'm not the usual pig. Lol!
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I look at my cals as a weekly thing not a daily thing. So if I eat less one day (or more) it doesn't tend to bug me a lot and I try not to eat unless I'm hungry. Plus that leaves me with extra cals for those days when I want to eat a lot.
  • WannabeStressFree
    WannabeStressFree Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    This is my top problem!! Help!!
  • Kellyfitness128
    Kellyfitness128 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Never had this problem. Haha, I always have an appetite. It's a struggle.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    If not eating means that I do not reach my calorie goals, or at least am not reasonably close, then I avoid such behaviour. I could just eat the calories another day, but on that other day I may not actually be hungrier than normal, meaning I yet again would not want to eat.

I've actually in the past "made" myself eat even when I wasn't hungry, and I found that as soon as I started eating I was like "oh hey, I'm hungry now."

Body composition and keeping my body well nourished are two very important things to me, though. I do not simply want to lose weight, I specifically want to drop my body fat to as close to my goal (~16%) as possible. I ensure that my calorie goal is very reasonable and I've never had problems meeting my calorie goals unless I was sick or fell asleep too early.
  • nicoleagafitness
    nicoleagafitness Posts: 100 Member
    Options

^^^ this...why eat if you aren't humgry
    Because I don't want to lose much muscle too....i don't have many pig out days per month. Usually 2 around the beginning of my cycle. Even those though, I eat around my calories.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    How did you get into the position to lose weight if you don't get hungry?
    This^
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Mine is bored eating, I try to distract myself but it doesn't work all the time :'(
  • rlwilson1967
    rlwilson1967 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I'm there with you Helen. I'm such a bored eater too.