Have you ever had to give up on a workout?

2»

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Oh yeah. Totally. Many times - and I was being SMART. I was getting super light headed and the room was spinning and I had to stop squat day - so I just went in the dark yoga studio and took my time stretching and coming back to stable. Other times have been similar - it just happened to be too much for me at the moment. Eating regularly helps, especially getting enough protein and water and carbs that your body can process really quickly for energy. Listen to your body, but not if it's just whining :D
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    yoovie wrote: »
    Oh yeah. Totally. Many times - and I was being SMART. I was getting super light headed and the room was spinning and I had to stop squat day - so I just went in the dark yoga studio and took my time stretching and coming back to stable. Other times have been similar - it just happened to be too much for me at the moment. Eating regularly helps, especially getting enough protein and water and carbs that your body can process really quickly for energy. Listen to your body, but not if it's just whining :D

This is the hard part for me. Knowing the difference. I'm getting better at it though.
  • jyogit
    jyogit Posts: 280 Member
    it definitely wasn't just whining.. lol
    i guess it hit home when i felt my head get hotter n hotter so i just caved in and let it be… ill be back at it in a couple of days I'm sure but for the next couple of days I'm deffo having a lie in.. lol
  • ksuh999
    ksuh999 Posts: 543 Member
    Knee buckled one time. Had to stop short. Next day it was fine though, dunno what happened.
  • samthepanda
    samthepanda Posts: 569 Member
    yoovie wrote: »

This is the hard part for me. Knowing the difference. I'm getting better at it though.

Same here - its hard to know the difference.

Thanks for the comments on this thread. I had an awful workout on Tues when I pushed it too far and made myself quite unwell, and was then so frustrated and upset with myself for making an idiot of myself - again! It was very hard to return to the gym on Friday - but reading these comments reminded me not to give up!
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    and how was Friday?
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Yes. I focus mainly on HR training and I couldn't get to my normal level. Figured my body was tired. stopped next day I was fine.