Where is the coolest place you have ever been?

Options
I need a vacation. I've been in such a slump lately, I feel like that movie Groundhog Day. I want to go someplace to be inspired. Machu Picchu, the Grand Canyon, etc..

Have you been anywhere that has been breathtaking or awe inspiring?

Replies

• fastfoodietofitcutie
    Options
    No one has been anywhere cool? :)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    Oddly, I really love the Portland area.
  • JtKeil
    JtKeil Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    Chichen Itza and Niagara Falls...breathtaking, amazing, really words cannot describe it.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Niagara Falls is really breathtaking. I have gone every season and it is always different.
  • tbonethemighty
    tbonethemighty Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    The woods on the coast outside Kemer, Turkey.
    The mountaintops above Bergen, Norway.
    The plains/scrubland in Ndutu, Tanzania.
    (I like the wilderness.)
    Citywise, Bergen, Liège (Belgium), and Istanbul get my votes.
  • JtKeil
    Options
    I'd love to go in the winter. When I walked in the caverns behind the falls I saw the photos of the icicles around the falls in the winter. It looked like something out of a fairytale!
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Peggy's Cove in Nova Scotia is pretty neat. Also, Ocho Rios in Jamaica was awesome.
  • aerochic42
    aerochic42 Posts: 822 Member
    Options
    Volcano national park on Big Island Hawaii, especially if you follow the road down to the end.
  • becky10rp
    becky10rp Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Barcelona, Spain is beautiful..........Rome is amazing.
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,255 Member
    Options
    Negril, Jamaica 7 Mile beach is amazing!
  • bmoncada1
    bmoncada1 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Riviera Maya Mexico, B E A utiful
  • fobs13
    fobs13 Posts: 1,080 Member
    Options
    Nice,France and surrounding area. Just back from a weekend away there and it was magical. For the sun and cool city vibe,watching how the other half live in Monacco.
    Rome, Italy. Fo all the stunning Architecture and the history of the place not to mention the Vatican.
    Achill Island, Co. Mayo, The Burren in Clare and Most of West Cork in Ireland for the unspoilt scenary.
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Banff and Lake Louise, Alberta
  • jlahorn
    jlahorn Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Some of my tops, more or less in order:

The Galapagos islands are completely, surreally amazing, and you can visit Machu Picchu as part of the same 10-day to 2-week trip.

Ireland is pretty spectacular. An 8-day drive that includes the Cliffs of Moher, the Ring of Kerry, the Burren, Dingle Peninsula, and tons of castles...

New Zealand - blackwater rafting in the glowworm caves in Waitomo, the geological parks in Rotorua, etc.

Chichen Itza is definitely neat, and it's only a couple of hours from Riviera Maya.

I really liked Banff in the summer. Super-dramatic mountains and lakes, amazing hiking.

Getting lost in the winding streets of Venice - daydreamily romantic and lovely.

I'm one of those people for whom the Grand Canyon is "meh". It's a long frickin' drive through miles of nothingness to get to some dramatic and pretty rocks that you can see better in the IMAX film than you can irl (including from the lame-*kitten* helicopter tours).

• FrozenTundra511
    FrozenTundra511 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Aruba/ Curacao
  • Legend1945
    Legend1945 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Toronto CN Tower is one of the most amazing sites
  • FlashMorehouse
    FlashMorehouse Posts: 138 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    grnice39 wrote: »
    I need a vacation. I've been in such a slump lately, I feel like that movie Groundhog Day. I want to go someplace to be inspired. Machu Picchu, the Grand Canyon, etc..

Have you been anywhere that has been breathtaking or awe inspiring?

Sipi Falls Uganda. Both the rainy season and dry season offer very different and cool aspects of the actual falls themselves. The area is also just very cool in general.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g3732357-d1854368-Reviews-Sipi_Falls_Resort-Sipi_Eastern_Region.html
  • JtKeil
    Options
    Stonehenge was pretty awesome too. But I don't think they allow you to get close anymore so it might not be as impressive.
  • Missjulesdid
    Missjulesdid Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I'm really loving Tunisia right now.
  • fastfoodietofitcutie
    Options
    Now we're talking. All these places sound amazing! Jlahorn, thanks for the tips on the Grand Canyon.