Where is the coolest place you have ever been?

Options

Replies

• DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Lots of places in France...Nice, Monaco, Avignon, Annecy, Paris. Lausanne and Geneva in Switzerland. Cuba was stunning. Driving the Pacific Coast Highway was breathtaking, especially early in the morning with all the mist.
    My sister went to the Whitsundays in Australia...that looked amazing from her photos.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    I hate cold weather...but I went to Grand Teton NP and Yellowstone in July one time...It was 94 when we got off the plane in Jackson Hole...
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    bmoncada1 wrote: »
    In response to people suggesting Toronto, I would highly recommend Quebec City. It's very small for a city and the Old City is very close to the original fortress built way, way, way back in the day. It's the only city left in North America that has its original fortress walls.

Then, if you want some wilderness, as soon as you leave the city (less than 30 minute drive from the very centre of the city) there's nothing but rolling old mountains and small villages for a solid 2 hour drive, if you drive further inland, where you'll hit Montreal. If you choose to drive north, make sure you fill up your tank before you leave and bring a little extra because civilization is few and far between.

@chivalryder - my only complaint is that when I was there the city seemed to shut down at 6pm. Malls closed early, it was a ghost town.

That's what the clubs are for!
  • WMDemetree
    WMDemetree Posts: 3,923 Member
    Options
    Climbed the pyramids of Giza, the Acropolis of Athens, and walked through the city of Palmyra.. among other old but awesome ruins.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Glacier National Park.
  • Nice2BFitAgain
    Nice2BFitAgain Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    ++ Rome and Venice are spectacular
    + Rhodes was beautiful
    + Greek Island Cruise
  • Frayde
    Frayde Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I used to live in the San Juan Islands in the Puget Sound. Didn't need to go anywhere for vacation because we lived in paradise. Whales, eagles, water, mountain views, what more could you want?
  • annangelich
    annangelich Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    Hiking in the ENF to Standing on top of Devil's Peak and the breath taking Spider Lake.
  • 13bbird13
    13bbird13 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Thanks, newmeadow... coincidentally, I happen to be writing from "the breathtaking pristine State of New Hampshire" and have lived here most of my life. It's autumn and the foliage is just about at peak!

For me, the coolest place I've ever been is the bell tower of Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris. I had to climb a bazillion 900-year-old stone steps and an old wooden ladder to get there, but I actually got to reach out and touch one of the bells.

The Grand Canyon is also awesome... and I mean that in the non-buzzword way. It is simply awe on earth. No matter how many pictures you see of it, you can't possibly imagine its true grandeur unless you see it in person.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,770 Member
    Options
    Floating in The Dead Sea is one of the coolest experiences I've had.
  • breesie11
    breesie11 Posts: 3,478 Member
    Options
    Alaska
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    Grand Canyon for me was very cool! Went in November so there was snow in some parts of the canyon. I would love to go back and see more of it!
  • worldtraveller321
    worldtraveller321 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Peru is cool, Also been to Russia and Belarus
  • HonuNui
    HonuNui Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    My front yard...no better place to have my morning coffee!
  • clb105
    clb105 Posts: 112 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Cities: Vancouver, BC / Seattle, WA
    National Parks: Glacier, Grand Canyon, Acadia, Zion, Arches, Bryce Canyon, and the Candian Rockies (Banff up to Jasper)
    <3
  • kershaann
    kershaann Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Going to ROME and Switzerland in November!!!!
  • basschick
    basschick Posts: 3,502 Member
    Options
    Miraval Resort in Arizona. The most amazing place to recharge!
  • SheBeButLittleSheisFierce
    Options
    Barbados, Lake District England, Mackinaw City Michigan, St. Lucia, The entire upper peninsula of Michigan, Savannah and Tybee Island Georgia...sorry I love to travel
  • strong_er
    strong_er Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I suggest scuba diving if you want to see the world in a whole new way. Fiji has been my favorite place to dive.