Getting tired of this *kitten*

Options

Replies

• ChefTJP
    ChefTJP Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    screw 'em!!! Anyone who who make comments is a feeble human. Karma can be unforgiving!
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    People suck! Running is amazing, don't let them get to you. Like others said, wear headphones to tune them out. Soon enough, you'll be running by them so fast they won't have time to think of anything to insult you with!
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Never let losers get you down. They can't accomplish anything positive for themselves so they try to boost their egos by cutting down others. They can only make you feel bad if you let them. Instead of giving them any emotional power over you, choose to view them in a different way. Perhaps view them as pathetic, and therefore humorous, or maybe even feel sorry for them since it's obvious they're losers. You're the winner, and they're just jealous.

I also like the pepper spray.
  • ssdivot
    ssdivot Posts: 193
    Options
    I'm so sorry there are jerks like this making you feel bad. I'd just ignore them totally, or possibly just smile sweetly at them, and know that over time, as they see you becoming more fit, some of them might take pause and actually learn something about overcoming obstacles. Years later when they have matured and have their own problems they might remember you with much different perspective as someone to admire.

Know that for every one of them there are likely 20 other people thinking "you go girl", or "I wish I had the gumption to do that". I'd be one of them. Its just that the people whose opinions matter are the same ones likely to not shout out things, even if favorable, on the street cause they think it would be impolite and who just let people do their own thing without interruption!
  • vickaged
    vickaged Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean! I'm just starting a C25K training program and at 275 lbs., I'm sure it's not a pretty sight! I go out of my way to train in areas where I won't have to worry about haters--running trails and the high school track. Fitness minded people have been very supportive and encouraging, I hope you can find an environment like that for your runs. Don't give up and don't let them get you down! :flowerforyou:
  • amberlynn2687
    Options
    Earbuds honey! You are doing great, don't allow others to bring you down! Just pop in some earbuds and turn up some great music.... Keep your head up and show 'em you don't give a darn!
  • luly727
    luly727 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Ughhh so sorry that you have to hear that kinda crap attitude nonsense..I dont know what i would, probably get all embarrassed and feel bad, but then I would get pissed, Take out my phone, stop, and take pics of them all, flick them the finger and then go to cops and report them for stalking you, sexual harrassment etc..anything u can charge them with..
    Lets see how they like their pics being taken..stay safe and stay focused!! Good luck to you
  • Pamela_in_Progress
    Pamela_in_Progress Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    As the saying goes, "Whatever other people think of you, is none of your business". Stay positive and focus on what you want and go for it!! Don't let a few jerks ruin your personal journey! :flowerforyou:
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I've seen a few of these threads and I'm starting to get curious about where this happens. Are you running next to a high school, through very bad neighborhoods, or through construction sites? Seriously, most men do not behave this way. That said, if you have to deal with this, then plug in the music and keep going. If you have to live around asshats then learn to ignore them.

Edit: And by ignore, I mean "actively ignore." Always be aware of your surroundings and what people are doing.
  • bumblebums
    bumblebums Posts: 2,181 Member
    Options
    I've seen a few of these threads and I'm starting to get curious about where this happens. Are you running next to a high school, through very bad neighborhoods, or through construction sites? Seriously, most men do not behave this way. That said, if you have to deal with this, then plug in the music and keep going. If you have to live around asshats then learn to ignore them.

Edit: And by ignore, I mean "actively ignore." Always be aware of your surroundings and what people are doing.

Young British men in packs do behave that way. It's a thing.
  • egrusy
    egrusy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You should not have to change up your routine because of these jerks. I would also suggest headphones, and IGNORE them, IMO they are looking for a reaction.
  • iWillGetCrowSomeday
    iWillGetCrowSomeday Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry. What prick holes.

Come up with an amazing, bada$$ playlist. Buy some earbuds that will stay in place when you're running. Tune out the world and only look ahead and keep moving. Smile and wave.

As a bigger boobed lady myself, I highly recommend getting a really good sports bra. At my heaviest, I actually wore two for more support. I love the bras made by Moving Comfort, and on their website they come in a wide variety of sizes and colors by cup size and band size. For reference, I love the Jubralee and I'm normally a 36D in regular bras, I wear a 38DD in MC bras.
  • slimforparis
    slimforparis Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    >> Young British men in packs do behave that way. It's a thing.

Sadly this is true and includes the not-so-young ones too.

I've been running around my smallish rural English market town - not high schools or construction sites, just by the river or through the quieter streets to get to the fields and tracks that go out of town. I think I'd kind of assumed that now I'm an 'old married lady' of 36 I wouldn't be a target for this kind of nonsense any more. Some men and boys in packs do seem to feel the need to assert their machismo by bullying lone women.

It's tiring but it makes me appreciate all the real men in my life more.

Thanks again to everyone for all the positive and kind comments - you're all awesome :smile:
  • Anitacoach
    Anitacoach Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey, your subject line caught my eye. Eleanor Roosevelt once said, "No one can make you feel bad about yourself without your permission!"
    My encouragement to you is to focus on those 12 (amazing) pounds you lost and SMILE big and wide when/if you hear of any other comments or looks in the future....as they were for the gal who used to be indoors feeling sorry for herself wondering why she was fat. Besides most people who make negative comments do so from a place of insecurity--what if you and your amazing self actually triggered thoughts of what they don't like about themselves. In the end--the comments may have nothing to do with you and everything to do with the hurts and hangups of those making comments.

Keep on Keeping on......Paris awaits!
  • 12dld1965
    12dld1965 Posts: 8
    Options
    I think it was Eleanor Roosevelt who said no one can make you feel inferior without giving your consent. So don't give it. They are a bunch of A/holes not worth giving the time of day to. Well done you for getting out there and making a conscious decision to get healthy and lose weight to maintain a healthy body.

You my dear are awesome, don't forget that. When you get to target weight, who will be laughing then :-) Keep on running. Just think of the inspiration that you are giving to larger ladies who will say look at her, if she can do it, so can I, then smile knowing you caused that. Bless you and good luck
  • woman110
    woman110 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I think that's disgusting. They are idiots!

Be proud of what you are doing and what you have accomplished so far. You are making great strides. YOU are out there running,they are not. Keep going and never quit. Ignore them. If I may suggest a good sports bra. I'm not blessed with much, but I prefer a bra that keeps me close to my body. It may also help improve your strides!
  • dondimitri
    dondimitri Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry to hear about this. I hope you will continue your efforts. Not all of us are immature *kitten*. I wish you the best. Good luck with your 5k.
  • maecrocker
    maecrocker Posts: 56
    Options
    I can't believe people behave like that! I've never seen or heard that where I've lived, and I've run from 215 lbs all the way to 155 lbs. If my kid ever behaves that way I'll be taking care of it. :grumble:

Here's a little encouragement for you - don't mind the title... it's not meant to be mean:
    http://flintland.blogspot.ca/2012/05/hey-fat-girl.html

Just read this. That is a great blog. Thank you for posting.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Screw them, obviously they have self esteem issues. Probably little penis syndrome.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options

Young British men in packs do behave that way. It's a thing.

^ Ditto this. It's really disgusting the way young boys in England behave. However, it is also young girls in some instances. I've seen it for myself, they are honestly a horrible breed of human beings milling around right now.