At a really low point.

2»

Replies

• 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    AglaeaC wrote: »
    999tigger wrote: »
    I think the more experienced students learn to study smarter that means knowing whats importnat and where to focus. Your health and mental wellbeing are important factors in making sure your brain is able to function properly.

True. Although to me "health" is a healthy body and healthy mind without the need to split the mind into its own entity.

In terms of students then there will be those who are far from fit, but are mentally agile and capable. I'd rather have both, but when it comes to exams then how many weights I cna lift or meteres I can row is going to be less relevant than what I know and my ability to apply it. Again its better if she has both.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Don't let one bad meal, bad day, or even bad week knock you off track! Getting healthy is a journey, not a final exam. Everyone has days where their willpower fails and they eat twice as much as they should. Everyone has weeks where the scale goes up. Everyone has that moment where your spoon hits the bottom of the ice cream carton or your hand hits the bottom of the chip bag and you feel like an idiot. No big deal - just do better tomorrow!

The people who get to their goal weight aren't perfect, they are the people who keep getting back on the horse after they fall off. You can do this :drinker:
  • AglaeaC
    AglaeaC Posts: 1,974 Member
    AglaeaC wrote: »
    I think the more experienced students learn to study smarter that means knowing whats importnat and where to focus. Your health and mental wellbeing are important factors in making sure your brain is able to function properly.

True. Although to me "health" is a healthy body and healthy mind without the need to split the mind into its own entity.

In terms of students then there will be those who are far from fit, but are mentally agile and capable. I'd rather have both, but when it comes to exams then how many weights I cna lift or meteres I can row is going to be less relevant than what I know and my ability to apply it. Again its better if she has both.

I was responding to "health and mental wellbeing". It sounded like "health" didn't include mental wellbeing, but "mental wellbeing" was a separate concept.

In my opinion "health" = "healthy mind + healthy body". There is a significant difference in these two ways to view an individual.
  • Summerfit321
    Summerfit321 Posts: 142 Member
    I feel for you completely. I too am a university student, and the summer brought some new challenges. I felt really lonely and binged like crazy: literally like crazy. It got so bad, that I feared I might die. My vanity started to go down, and I started to worry about my health. What is this doing to me? What are the non visible changes inside of me?
    One morning I woke up and had to go and see someone I hadn't seen for a long time. Last time they saw me, I was 27 pounds lighter, and I'm not even 5 foot 3 inches tall. I was so embarrassed and wondered what they would think of me. That was what made me come home and weigh myself: the weigh in was the wake up call.
    I haven't binged once since then, and that was over a month ago. I've changed my lifestyle for the better, but am taking it slowly by slowly, making small changes weekly. When you're binge eating, dieting shouldn't be the priority, it should simply be stopping binge-eating. Once you do that, dieting will be so much easier.
    But remember this: love yourself, forgive yourself, take it day by day and you can do it. :)
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member

I was responding to "health and mental wellbeing". It sounded like "health" didn't include mental wellbeing, but "mental wellbeing" was a separate concept.

In my opinion "health" = "healthy mind + healthy body". There is a significant difference in these two ways to view an individual.

Again I don think we are disagreeing, but I can see a situation where someone can be mentally but not physically fit. Perhaps i should have put physical before.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    read the sexypants link - it taught me loads and has helped me change who I am. If you want an active friend please feel free to add me as well. I am on daily. Sometimes you need to crash and burn to turn into a phoenix - remember that :-)
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Being miserable is channeling energy in the wrong direction. Get excited instead! Find a plan that works and stick with it. You will be at goal weight before you know it.