Ricotta Cheese - Give Me Ideas

Options
2»

Replies

• oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I love ricotta and use it in ways that are already mentioned in this thread. But I particularly like plain ricotta with granulated white sugar. You don't have to add a lot of sugar, just a bit. The crunchy sweetness of the granules is so delicious with the smooth creaminess of the ricotta.
  • Momjogger
    Momjogger Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    How about inside a calzone with spinach and then dip it in marinara sauce. Yum.
  • Nebrie
    Nebrie Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    RKunkee wrote: »
    I'm trying it this weekend.

Update. It is indeed yummy. I think it needs something to give it a bit more kick. It's sweet and bland if that's even possible. Husband thinks it needs bacon crumbles. I keep thinking it needs a bit of pickle rather than cucumber. I'll mess around with it to see what works best to suit my nutritional needs and palate.
  • MoochieRama
    MoochieRama Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    SouthBeach cookbook has a recipe w 1 container of Ricotta, a few drops of almond flavoring, 2 equal. It has protein, low calorie.
  • GoingSlightlyMad
    GoingSlightlyMad Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    With oatmeal, apple slices and almonds, or mixed with a little honey... Yum. :smiley:
  • bingefreebabe
    Options
    I love it slightly microwaved, with slices of breakfast sausage. It's a twist on breakfast that is truly yummy and satisfying.