Please flag the spam !

Options

Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    @blankiefinder Sleep well and thanks for helping out...

back to the Intro section... crazy over there! lol
  • bubaluboo
    bubaluboo Posts: 2,098 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know a number I can call to cast a spell on people that guruji47 and bkbabaji?
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    bubaluboo wrote: »
    Does anyone know a number I can call to cast a spell on people that guruji47 and bkbabaji?

Better yet, hit the intro sections and help me flag! lol
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Just flagged 25 28 42 more posts... for the love of g..., can we not try one of the suggestions for dealing with these bots like captcha on the first five posts, or any of the other good suggestions that have been made?

@Adam2k10 @_ben @davis_em @kgeyser @ninerbuff @psulemon
  • bubaluboo
    Options

That's what I'm doing...it's a non-stop job right now!
  • Hearts_2015
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Just flagged 25 more posts... for the love of g..., can we not try one of the suggestions for dealing with these bots like captcha on the first five posts, or any of the other good suggestions that have been made?

No kidding! It IS BAD tonight, it just keeps coming and coming. Many I'm the first flag so not sure how many are on tonight flagging the spam.

@blankiefinder - thanks for @'s for the Mods... ;) Back to work, breaks over. lol
  • Hearts_2015
    Options

That's what I'm doing...it's a non-stop job right now!

Seriously!! lol Glad you're here :)
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    The first page of introduce yourself is full of spam.

I managed to kill everything past that.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »

Thanks! :) It was the first 3 pages of intro at one point so we've made some progress. It just seems to go on and on and on........ I can understand the frustration others on this thread have doing it night after night. I'm not able to be here every night but if this is 'normal' than it's, well, just feels endless. As many as you flag, 50 more take the place in other sections.

Just flagged 25 28 42 more posts... for the love of g..., can we not try one of the suggestions for dealing with these bots like captcha on the first five posts, or any of the other good suggestions that have been made?
    I agree, there must be SOMETHING besides members doing this manually that can be done???????? If we're now at the lowest setting for spam and it's this bad now.. What's the next stage for this @Olivia ?

• KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    They're coming in faster than I can flag this morning.
  • Liftin4food
    Liftin4food Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Got all the ones I can in Introduce Yourself - are they hitting any other sections?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

Thanks! :) It was the first 3 pages of intro at one point so we've made some progress. It just seems to go on and on and on........ I can understand the frustration others on this thread have doing it night after night. I'm not able to be here every night but if this is 'normal' than it's, well, just feels endless. As many as you flag, 50 more take the place in other sections.

I agree, there must be SOMETHING besides members doing this manually that can be done???????? If we're now at the lowest setting for spam and it's this bad now.. What's the next stage for this @Olivia ?

exactly I won't be flagging any further spam. If Mods are on they can see it too...not sure why we the users are expected (and we are or the spam flag wouldn't be there) to monitor the boards...

Esp for premium members...if that option ever comes to Canada until this is stopped I won't pay.
  • bubaluboo
    Options
    Thanks to 4 other relentless spam flaggers, I've been able to remove quite a few just now...feels good!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Introduce yourself is clean right now. But if it's a mass spammer they'll be back.
  • Hearts_2015
    Options
    Introduce yourself is clean right now. But if it's a mass spammer they'll be back.

oh...they're back
    ...in the intro section... what a surprise. ;)
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    From what I understand, they're investigating options that involve not diverting time/money from features that have been promised since the October 2014 time frame...

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/33157507/#Comment_33157507

If the users don't want to flag the spam, the mods can still get em once they're online, I imagine. The five flags just gets it off the forum faster, but it appears the mods are indeed checking for spam once online. I'd still like to see them name a spam killer/mod that is normally awake during the worst spam hours, though (not sure if there is one right now??)
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,361 Member
    edited July 2015
    Options
    Spammers about early today!
  • BWBTrish
    BWBTrish Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    Don't flag spam anymore

i think when moderators have the time to get excellent threads offline...then they have time to remove spam too.