ever had a cheat day? how much calories did you eat?

Options
13»

Replies

• maccarossi1
    maccarossi1 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Personally I don;t have "cheat days" but there are days where I eat over my calories but I usually plan for that to happen by eating in a greater deficit throughout the week. For example last weekend I had a big party to go to and I knew I was going to be consuming a lot of food more importantly, copious amounts of delicious beer so just just planned ahead to allow for those.
  • jnv7594
    jnv7594 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    I just work things in my food plan. I don't understand why some do cheat days. Honestly, if I want something, I eat it and work it in. When I tell myself I can't have something and have to wait for a cheat day, I just set myself up to fail...past experience. This time around, I am doing things a lot differently, and I don't deprive myself. I think it's better to have a treat here and there, or even daily, then to have a day where you eat thousands upon thousands of calories. Just my opinion of course.
  • sallybaine
    sallybaine Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Anything over my planned calorie limit for the day feels like a cheat day. Last week I got a Chocolate Brownie from TJI Fridays - 1200cals. I know I should be kinder to myself, but I feel so guilty and like a failure. It led to a 2 day binge involving peanut butter, towers of bread, a jar of nutella and a bag of choc chip cookies.

I want to get to the place where I don't feel I need a cheat day because my diet is enough to sustain me without feeling deprived.

I go by the saying "You're not a dog. Don't reward yourself with food."
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Options
    sallybaine wrote: »
    Anything over my planned calorie limit for the day feels like a cheat day. Last week I got a Chocolate Brownie from TJI Fridays - 1200cals. I know I should be kinder to myself, but I feel so guilty and like a failure. It led to a 2 day binge involving peanut butter, towers of bread, a jar of nutella and a bag of choc chip cookies.

I want to get to the place where I don't feel I need a cheat day because my diet is enough to sustain me without feeling deprived.

I go by the saying "You're not a dog. Don't reward yourself with food."

what kind of food do you normally eat, are you restrictive? What is your net calorie goal, is it too strict/large? Having a reasonable deficit (20% below maintenance needs, or ~1lb/week, is more than reasonable and is the biggest deficit most people should use) and not restricting the foods you love can easily reduce if not entirely eliminate binging. It eliminated it for me. I have 5 large chocolate bars in my room, I'm probably going to have the Reese's or at least part of it. Or maybe the Mars bar.... mmmmmmmm.

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    I think last time I had a cheat day, I was around 8,000-9,000 calories. I had hoped to go higher than that, but my stomach apparently cannot hold as much as it used to. I didn't have space to eat everything I was hoping to get to eat on my cheat day. :\ I'll do that again when I get to 175 lbs.