Recovery from Anorexia

Options
2»

Replies

• acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I have been to the emergency room doctor. And his words of wisdom were, "You're a beautiful girl, you don't need to lose weight. You need to be healthy. You know that don't you?"

He's not a licensed psychologist though; sure he is a doctor but he isn't the right type of doctor to help you with your situation.

You are presumably young, your organs are starting to shut down, your hair will fall out, your finger nails will become brittle and shut down, your skin may become see through or sallow. You are doing irreparable damage to your body and if you ever want to have children, you may not be able to have them. Your body is eating your muscles because you don't have any fat stores left. This isn't good for you - you said yourself you know it. Weighing 80lbs as an adult is not healthy unless you are 4'0. If you want to survive this, and not be riddled with health problems forever, I'd say bypass your dad because I would think as a parent you'd want the absolute best for your children, whatever what might be and even if it's not exactly what you want or would have done yourself.