Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Any benefit to two a days? Lifting?

2»

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    I'm just talking to what was left in the tank. I know I wouldn't have been able to do a second arm set yesterday, not with any intensity at all.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    dbmata wrote: »
    I'm just talking to what was left in the tank. I know I wouldn't have been able to do a second arm set yesterday, not with any intensity at all.

oh yeah- no question- doubling up on that would be brutal LOL. Agree agree.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Okay, I thought of another question about all this.

My lunch workouts are heavy. They really are. Whatever workout I am doing I start with a weight I can do about 8 on where the 8 is very hard, but doable. Then I add weights each set moving forward till I max out on the 5th set with only 1-3 reps depending. Firstly, is that not the right way to go about?

Secondly, if I add supersets in the afternoon workout using the same parts, obviously I would have to use less weight than I would if I was fresh, but if you still max out, even if the weights are lower, do you get the same effect? Is maxing out, maxing out? Or does the amount of weight have an influence? I would think your muscles can't tell the difference, but I'm not sure.

Hope that makes sense.
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Rather than doing them on the same day, you might consider trying something like PHAT where you have a hypertrophy day and a power day each week. I think Lane's program is something like:
    Day 1: Upper Body Power
    Day 2: Lower Body Power
    Day 3: Rest
    Day 4: Back and Shoulders Hypertrophy
    Day 5: Lower Body Hypertrophy
    Day 6: Chest and Arms Hypertrophy
    Day 7: Rest

That would give you a) a proven program to follow and b) lots of training every week, which it looks like you enjoy and which your current program also includes.

Personally, I'm not sure what working out the same muscles later in the day would accomplish that doing those same exercises in a single workout wouldn't accomplish.
  • Hornsby
    I'm not sure either. The main reason I want to is because I only have about 45 minutes for lunch workout. In my head (not saying it's right, but it's my thinking), going after work is basically just a continuation of the workout from lunch with a little break in the middle. Lol.
  • Pascal56
    Pascal56 Posts: 53 Member
    Hornsby wrote: »
    I'm not sure either. The main reason I want to is because I only have about 45 minutes for lunch workout. In my head (not saying it's right, but it's my thinking), going after work is basically just a continuation of the workout from lunch with a little break in the middle. Lol.

I have to do this sometimes. I do a basic alternating upper/lower body split 3x/week, but sometimes I have less time in the evenings then I need. So I might knock out my OHP and row (for example) in the AM, then do the remainder of my upper body workout that night.
  • DvlDwnInGA
    DvlDwnInGA Posts: 368 Member
    Why not just do cardio in the gym in place of your bike riding outside. Throw in some cardio and ab work if you are looking to lift more. Injuries suck. I am nursing a shoulder injury from doing shoulder press variations with only 1 day rest in between. I have not hit any over head shoulder presses now for last 2 months. Truly aggravating. Everyone is different, but I would not recommend training a body part without a couple days rest in between. Just my 2 cents worth.
  • jrline
    jrline Posts: 2,353 Member
    Outside cardio is the best. Two days a week of strength training is great to supplement the cardio. Have fun with it.

29509743.png
  • Hornsby
    jrline wrote: »
    Outside cardio is the best. Two days a week of strength training is great to supplement the cardio. Have fun with it.

Did you mistakenly post in the wrong thread? Not sure what you are trying to say here.

• mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Wish there was more info on if there was a benefit or not. I do know some guys that have very physically demanding jobs and then hit the gym after for the heavy lifting. They dont seem to suffer from any over training but also dont seem to be farther along than anyone else. They do get to eat more than me so that makes me jealous. :smile: