I can't run.

Options
2»

Replies

• hearthwood
    hearthwood Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    I don't run either. It's not big deal, just find some other type exercise.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    In what way 'cant' you run?
  • JenniDaisy
    JenniDaisy Posts: 526 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    You can run, a million of years of evolution has designed you perfectly to run.

BUT, If you don't want to or have an injury that prevents you, just find some other exercise.
  • GrammyPeachy
    GrammyPeachy Posts: 1,723 Member
    Options
    I am definitely going to try C25K. Thanks!
  • sunglasses_and_ocean_waves
    Options
    speed walk
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    First up, do you really want to run? It isn't compulsory, and there are plenty of other exercises you can do if you just don't get on with running.

If you decide you do, as others have said C25K is a great way into it. Take it at your own pace, and repeat weeks if necessary.

Here are all my beginner's running tips.
    myfitnesspal.com/blog/BerryH/view/20-things-i-wish-i-d-known-about-running-when-i-started-103936

Note the first point:
    When you start out, running is HARD! Even if you think you’re fit, running is so different to anything else you’ve done before you will get out of breath quickly. Stick with it. Can’t manage a minute? Go slow. Still can’t? GO SLOWER!

• GillianMcK
    GillianMcK Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    You CAN run, the question is do you WANT to!!!
    As everyone else has said, start with a couch to 5k program, make sure you have suitable shoes (when you start out, don't go running in tennis shoes, but at the same time you don't have to spend lots of money on specific running shoes until you're sure you want to keep running).
    Do you find it boring, maybe try trail running instead of running on the pavement? Arrange to meet someone for a run (much more likely to turn up if you're meeting someone), join a running club (most of them are daft and really good fun)?