exercise to maintain?

Options
2»

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    vsheetz1 wrote: »
    I suggest to target a minimum of 2000 physical activity calories each week. This increases your deficit ceiling, will keep you healthy and feeling good, and go a long way to helping keep the weight off.

why 2000??

• SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Exercise is good for health, so its not a good idea to quit exercise. You have to just maintain your diet and exercise. You can eat according to your diet plan, for a good metabolism it required to eat good food and it will help you to maintain a healthy body and happier lifestyle.
    The type of food you eat has nothing to do with metabolism.
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    vsheetz1 wrote: »
    I suggest to target a minimum of 2000 physical activity calories each week. This increases your deficit ceiling, will keep you healthy and feeling good, and go a long way to helping keep the weight off.

why 2000??

I'm curious to know this as well.
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    I did more cardio while I was losing. Now I am in the weight room three days per week, do yoga once or twice per week and go to a Barre class once per week. I like being active, but Zumba, hip-hop, or running burn more calories than I want to eat back daily.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Question...Doesn't TDEE take into account your amount of exercise? Therefore keeping the SAME amount of exercise wouldn't mean that you get to eat more than your TDEE to maintain?
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    basically you are going to need to do what you do now, lifestyle change for rest of your life. 80% food, 20% exercise will keep the weight down. You may be able to eat a bit more. Notice I say bit!