Pet Peeves (Fitness related)

Options

Replies

• shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Their health is more important to me.

Why is a co-workers health more important to you than plans you've made? Their health is their responsibility surely? If you were going to the gym/walking/whatever anyway and offered that they could come, then no harm done if they don't, you just continue doing what you were going to do anyway.
  • winf
    winf Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Talking on the phone on the treadmill
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Oh, and people who talk about their workouts. Geez. Who cares. My workout consists of mowing the lawn, washing the cars, riding my horse, hanging out washing, vaccuuming etc. Do people really want to hear about it?

"Oh yeah, yesterday I vaccuumed the WHOLE house, beat my personal best time, got a real burn going doing the rug in the loungeroom, you should have SEEN it. Look at my muscles."
  • MichelleLea122
    MichelleLea122 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    It annoys me when the person who is 50+ pounds over weight tells me that the apple (orange, banana, peach, etc) I am eating is loaded with sugar. What about that pecan pie she is eating???!!

Haha agreed. Once on vacation I was splurging and having a giant cinnamon roll for breakfast. Anyways my overweight friend looks at my breakfast and says, "Maybe you should get something else?"... She was eating a giant croissant with nutella. But according to her, her breakfast was better than mine b/c it had protein in it. Like since when is nutella a protein source?
  • Dumbbell69
    Dumbbell69 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    People not re racking weights and not cleaning off the equipment.
  • ChrisHoffman72
    ChrisHoffman72 Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    ^^^THIS^^^^
  • maybebaby34
    maybebaby34 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    winf wrote: »
    Talking on the phone on the treadmill

....that makes me nuts too!! Also ppl who dont put their damn weights away!
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Smelling anyone with poor hygiene drives me bananas. If I can smell your balls, we are going to have a problem!
  • gamesandgains
    gamesandgains Posts: 640 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    shai74 wrote: »
    Their health is more important to me.

Why is a co-workers health more important to you than plans you've made? Their health is their responsibility surely? If you were going to the gym/walking/whatever anyway and offered that they could come, then no harm done if they don't, you just continue doing what you were going to do anyway.

I've worked with the guy for over 3 years. He reminds me of my past self. So when he asked for help I was all over it. You're right though.
  • Myrmilt
    Myrmilt Posts: 124 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    That one guy who shows up to the heated power yoga class (noted as level 2 - meaning you are comfortable with basic yoga positions and some moderate ones too), that has never taken a yoga class, never done heated classes, walks on the floor with his shoes on and makes weird noises during class.

I know, I should be happy he is trying out something new, but could he not do it directly in front of me?
  • teresamwhite
    teresamwhite Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    What if Bob Ross was a serial killer, & he painted the landscapes of where he hid the bodies.

"See that body part? Now it's birds..."

Happy little tree...(fertilized by rotting flesh)...mmmhmmm...happy little tree...

• ewartluft
    ewartluft Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    My husband complaining about how hard it is to eat so many (2900) calories each day but then skipping meals b/c he "didn't have time to eat".

Women (usually) who say things like, "you're so skinny...how do you do it?" I answer honestly and get some variation of "Oh, that wouldn't work for me. I mean, I've never tried it, but I know there's no way eating more than 1000 calories/day and lifting weights would make me healthier!" Grrrr.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    People who can eat anything and make it a point to let you know!
    And People who don't wipe down the equipment at the Gym after they are finished!
  • 5stringjeff
    5stringjeff Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    Unracked weights.
  • mantium999
    mantium999 Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    _dracarys_ wrote: »
    I let my ex use my weight room an he didn't rerack.

*rage*

Was his lack of respect for your rack the cause of his becoming an ex?

For me, I can't stand it when people swish and spit in the public drinking fountain at the gym. Disgusting.
  • Amanda_Gx6
    Amanda_Gx6 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    When someone sits on a machine chatting when its obvious you are waiting to use it.
    Also when you decline someones offering of food because its not in your nutritional plan and they say "oh come on its only one [whatever the item is], what harm is just one going to do?" :|
  • Menix8
    Menix8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    People who don't re-rack and leave their 45 lb plates everywhere.

People who get legitimately angry at you for super-setting something they want to use. Seriously, please just ask to work in. The best part is these are the people who you only see at the gym once a year or so.

My co-workers, for always feeling the need to call me out on not eating any of the birthday cake. Really? Is that necessary?
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    This can be in relation to anything fitness related. Gym peeves, workout, anything..

It really peeves me when my co-worker, who's well over a healthy weight, asks me how I lost so much weight and what advise I can offer. They pour their heart out about how hard it is to lose weight, and just want some motivation, and someone to guide them in the right direction. I give my advise, offer to help them get familiar with the gym, which is supplied by our employer, and set them up with a workout plan or meal plan during my free time. They say "awww, man thanks so much. I'm totally down, can we start tomorrow?". I say "of course", knowing this is going to mess up my plans I already made, but who cares. Their health is more important to me.

Next day(today), they're eating fast food at their desk and cancel the gym meet because he's "too tired".

*deep sigh*

I don't put more effort into others than they are willing to put forth themselves. Says me a lot of grief.
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    The people in my office that CONSTANTLY talk (brag) about their diet and exercise. I am losing weight and I never talk about it, I think my progress speaks for itself. Don't preach to me about how "good" you're doing and how hard you work out. Don't tell me you eat zero carbs when I watch you shove lollipops down your throat all day because you're eating 500 calories and you're hungry all the time. And don't give me unsolicited advise. I'm doing fine. Grrrrrrr