Peanut butter lovers.....

Options
124»

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    So I had some jif spread on my sriracha marinated chicken thighs.

Beer gott! so good.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Peanut (or any kind of nut) butter is indeed a great source of your unhealthy fats and some protein. As long as you opt for the natural, less processed kind and can control your portion sizes, it can be a great snack that tastes amazing! That being said, I personally can't eat it because it simply doesn't fill me, so it's a rare occasional treat in my household :x

Do you mean healthy fats?
  • dbmata
    Options
    Yeah, I looked funny at that.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I probably eat at least 1/4 cup of peanut butter a day. I love it, and it probably my main source of fat. Yummy!!!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    http://www.nuts-n-more.com/

Twice the protein, a little less fat. Tastes great.
  • dbmata
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

I imagine that's a great name for a men's bathing suit boutique.
  • Hornsby
    Options
    It's my online dating profile screen name...
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

I got their almond butter to try - acquired taste, shall we say? Sticking with Sunpat and Nutella from now on.

• Hornsby
    Options
    Haven't tried almond butter. The peanut butter just tastes like peanut butter to me.
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    How can nut butter be overrated?

I have a piece of fruit with almond butter and chia seeds on it nearly everyday. All three macros in one snack.
  • RoseyDgirl
    RoseyDgirl Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I love nut butters... it's hard to not just sit with a spoon and feast...

I currently have a bottle of cashew butter at work and that's my go-to snack...

Yes, it's good for us, but be do need to be cautious of limits. 2 tablespoons - could easily become so much more (especially when I don't put them on bread... )

all those calories do add up, but if they can fit into your daily macros - why not? :)
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I wish I could have peanut butter. We haven't had it in the house since we found out my youngest is allergic to peanuts. The last time I had a peanut butter sandwich I kissed him on the forehead shortly after eating and he broke out almost instantly in hives.

Also, dietary fat is an essential macro-nutrient and should be consumed in appropriate quantities. I'm thoroughly convinced that so many people have hormonal imbalances and issues like that because they cut too much fat from their diets and do low fat/no fat. It's also really important for nervous system function...and a whole bunch of other stuff.
  • ThisCharmingFellow
    ThisCharmingFellow Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I love peanut butter and eat it, or one or two other nut butters, most days. I used to eat it when I was getting fat and I still did as I was shedding 60lbs, just a little bit less of it.

Peanut butter is awesome.
  • sheepotato
    sheepotato Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I wish I could have peanut butter. We haven't had it in the house since we found out my youngest is allergic to peanuts. The last time I had a peanut butter sandwich I kissed him on the forehead shortly after eating and he broke out almost instantly in hives.

Also, dietary fat is an essential macro-nutrient and should be consumed in appropriate quantities. I'm thoroughly convinced that so many people have hormonal imbalances and issues like that because they cut too much fat from their diets and do low fat/no fat. It's also really important for nervous system function...and a whole bunch of other stuff.

That's awful!

My brother in law is allergic to tree nuts but he can eat seeds so he has sunbutter (sunflower butter.) I wonder if that would be safe for your family to eat around your son?