Too many boobs to run!

Options
I want to run instead of walk, I really do! I just don't want to knock myself out! Any suggestions for sports bras, etc from all the runners out there?

Replies

• SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    i personally wear an elomi energise sports bra because they go up to my H cup, but if you're a bit smaller, people swear by the Shock Absorber brand for running.

eta, i found this: http://running.about.com/od/sportsbrasforrunning/tp/sportsbraforlargechests.htm
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Search these forums for related topics. There have been a lot of topics and plenty of good options given
  • SpecialKitty7
    SpecialKitty7 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    Search these forums for related topics. There have been a lot of topics and plenty of good options given

the new search sucks. i just searched, the the first three topics that come up are May 2011, July 24, 2014 and June 2012. Sometimes it's just easier to ask the question.
  • WillLift4Tats
    WillLift4Tats Posts: 1,699 Member
    Options

the new search sucks. i just searched, the the first three topics that come up are May 2011, July 24, 2014 and June 2012. Sometimes it's just easier to ask the question.

Hmmmm, weird. My search pulled up fairly recent topics. Bugs to work out, me thinks.
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    Options
    Lululemon makes a couple of good ones - HoldMeClose and Tatatamer both work well for me for running and I'm 34DD
  • kristydi
    kristydi Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    I hate running, so I don't. But I do have big boobs (36FF) that make bouncy exercise a problem. I have a couple of good bras that really support the girls. I do not like the compression bras that basically just smush everything down. Tight enough to stop the bouncing is too tight to breathe. Less tight means everything bounces as one big uni-boob. I much prefer a good underwire.

Panache Underwire is my favorite.
    http://www.amazon.com/Panache-Womens-Underwired-Sports-Black/dp/B005VNFNTY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1413305985&sr=8-1&keywords=panache+sports+bra

The Freya underwire is a close second.
    http://www.amazon.com/Freya-Womens-Active-Underwire-Sports/dp/B005I47A42/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1413306114&sr=8-4&keywords=freya+sports+bra
  • Killmenext
    Killmenext Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Try reddit.com/r/abrathatfits , many people have had their lives changed because of there, lol.
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I have always liked the Moving Comfort Fiona bra to really hold the ladies firm. You can look it up on Amazon.

That Reddit changed my life, for normal bras. Not so much sports bras. But yes, all ladies need to visit it in general!!
  • tessaleonie
    tessaleonie Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wear two bras. One regular but comfortable underwire bra. This bra is for holding your boobs up. Then 1 or two squish layers, good heavy duty sports bras. These can be one cupsize smaller.

At least this is what works for me. The up then squished method works best for me and no one bra has been able to do it on their own.
  • AliceDark
    AliceDark Posts: 3,886 Member
    Options
    I love my Enell bras (I'm a 32DDD and can run just fine in them).
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Panache
  • shabaity
    shabaity Posts: 791 Member
    Options
    I accepted back in middle school, also known as the last time I could wear a sports bra, that I jiggle A LOT and just wear underwire and tighten down the straps on a normal bra. That being said I think longing of just using an ace bandage but there prolly wouldn't be enough. *sigh* :s
  • JoyeII
    JoyeII Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I wear two bras, one regular with a sports bra overtop. :)
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Vote for Shock Absorber. Some people compain of the uniboob with this bra, and it feels much like being bandaged - there is no movement there. But I have large baps and without a solid boulder holder they'd just be up and into everything, no no no.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Too many? I thought you guys were equipped with two max?
  • sfranklin2012
    Options
    Thanks all. Great suggestion laced with humor only a sympathizer could understand! All my friends who run are already thin and just don't understand the problem. After finding an underwire bra that I love, I would never again go without one. I thought about the two bras but wasn't sure it would work. I like the idea of lifting and separating and then squishing:)
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    I have no idea. I could probably get away with running without one.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    I like the Moving Comfort Maia bra--it seems pretty bombproof to me. I run ~35 miles per week and wear a size 32E/F.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    Too many? I thought you guys were equipped with two max?

Haven't you seen Total Recall?
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Or that one lady in Florida...