Workplace Confessions

Options
daynes23
daynes23 Posts: 94 Member
I'm a teacher and my shoes hurt... So when there's no students in my room, I walk around the classroom barefoot. I love it!

What's yours? ;)

Replies

• Ali_momof2
    Ali_momof2 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I'm a contactor for a big credit card company and when most of the employees have gone for the day I close my office door and spend my last hour of work, working out. I keep a mat and some hand weights in the corner. So if you walk by my office around 4:30 you'll hear me doing hiit or kick boxing B)
  • kborton1122
    kborton1122 Posts: 914 Member
    Options
    >:) I roam the MFP message boards when I'm supposed to be working.

13928394.png
  • SuperVixen2B
    SuperVixen2B Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    When there was that whole ridiculous uproar about Chick-Fil-A being anti homosexual, someone in my office brought in Chick-Fil-A breakfast and wrote a banner in marker and glitter celebrating "Chick-Fil-A Appreciation Day". There were giggles and smiles. It lasted about 10 minutes, then some no fun sour puss apparently crumpled the banner and shoved it in the trash along with the food and covered everything up. It still gets brought up. Whenever someone brings Chick-Fil-A for lunch, it's always "Remember that time..."

It was me. I did it. We have a lesbian employee that gets tons of *kitten* from everyone in the office and if she were litigious, she could be an effin' millionaire, but she's patient and forgiving and kind to everyone and screw them. I did it. I hid it before she walked in for the day and saw it. I threw away someone's hard earned money, food that could have fed starving children in Africa and their $10 postboard/banner. I'm an awful person. It was me. And I'm not sorry.
  • HollyMGT
    HollyMGT Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    When there was that whole ridiculous uproar about Chick-Fil-A being anti homosexual, someone in my office brought in Chick-Fil-A breakfast and wrote a banner in marker and glitter celebrating "Chick-Fil-A Appreciation Day". There were giggles and smiles. It lasted about 10 minutes, then some no fun sour puss apparently crumpled the banner and shoved it in the trash along with the food and covered everything up. It still gets brought up. Whenever someone brings Chick-Fil-A for lunch, it's always "Remember that time..."

It was me. I did it. We have a lesbian employee that gets tons of *kitten* from everyone in the office and if she were litigious, she could be an effin' millionaire, but she's patient and forgiving and kind to everyone and screw them. I did it. I hid it before she walked in for the day and saw it. I threw away someone's hard earned money, food that could have fed starving children in Africa and their $10 postboard/banner. I'm an awful person. It was me. And I'm not sorry.

That was actually pretty nice of your to protect her. Although, I love Chick-Fil-A and it was a shame that you wasted all that yummy food!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou: :heart:

• scrapalooza
    scrapalooza Posts: 335 Member
    Options

That's awesome!
  • klkateri
    klkateri Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I have two jobs so here goes

1. a) I work in retail and do two things. I walk around barefoot all the time. My boss is convinced that I'm gonna get a sensor tag through my toe. b) But the fun one is that everyone at work eats junk food ALL THE TIME!! It's always out on the counter and some days it drives me crazy. I'm the only one watching their weight and am careful not to eat all that stuff but some days it's a bit too much for me so I've started driving them crazy now as well. So now when they leave their bags of chips and cookies out on the counter, I close them up with sensor tags and put them on the very top shelf in the break room and leave out healthy snacks like carrots and cheese and nuts on the counter. They all know it's me and since it happens on a monthly basis, they are starting to learn when to expect it.

2. My second job is pretty laid back, and since I work for family, even more so. But, I bring in my Kindle or laptop and watch TV all day long. Really... all. day. long. I watch more TV at work then I do at home. The sad part is that I still get doubled the work done of the other employees and everyone knows it.
  • johnmurphymfp
    johnmurphymfp Posts: 2,590 Member
    Options
    Me too, just like now! :)

13928394.png

• knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I anonymously put positive message sticky notes up in each stall in the women's bathroom last Valentine's Day. A couple of people were mocking them and I was so embarrassed I never owned up to it.
  • Mom_of_X
    Mom_of_X Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    i plan my workouts and meals during the workday. sporadic 5-15 min romps thru msg boards, youtube videos, and online stores.
    .....aaaaand i don't feel guilty, since i'm basically on-call 24/7.
    :#
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

:flowerforyou: :heart:

QFT

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    knitapeace wrote: »
    I anonymously put positive message sticky notes up in each stall in the women's bathroom last Valentine's Day. A couple of people were mocking them and I was so embarrassed I never owned up to it.

Aaaw, I love that!!! People can be so not fun sometimes.

• Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    Options

That was really cruel of them to do, and you're a really nice person.
  • SugarBabyGirl
    SugarBabyGirl Posts: 7,026 Member
    Options
    I sometimes don't even change my clothes after my early morning workout before work... and if I do manage to shower and get dressed I usually wear yoga pants and bare feet. It's okay, I work from home. B)
  • sofulnaturalee
    sofulnaturalee Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Me too, just like now! :)

13928394.png

ME 3

• kefryar
    kefryar Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    knitapeace wrote: »

people suck, this would make me smile
  • darlingnoire
    darlingnoire Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Sometimes at lunch, I'll go into an attorney office that has a couch and take a nap!
  • Mexicanbigfoot
    Mexicanbigfoot Posts: 520 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options

Me too! And I'm not even sorry :p
  • 50sFit
    50sFit Posts: 712 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    On my very first job as a WalMart employee, I used to steal high-value merchandise that can be easily hidden, such as medications, infant formula, razor blades, apparel, camera film, batteries, DVDs, CDs, and smoking cessation products....and I'd resell them to people in our neighborhood for half price.
    They nicknamed me "The Saint"...lol
    o:)