5:2 fast question regarding diary

Options
Hi, I am starting the 5:2 fast (SCARED) haha but I am unsure how to use the calorie counter in the diary. When I filled out my info, it gave me 1200 calories per day. I was hoping I could increase that to 1500 for no fast days and 500 for 2 fast days. Is this possible? or even just to change everyday to 1500 calories and I can just use 500 on fast days. Thanks in advance for your wisdom! Cheers!! :-)

Replies

• angela233Z
    angela233Z Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    don't be scared - 5:2 is awesome
    come join us at http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100058-5-2-fasting
    what I do for my calories is set at maintenance with sedentary lifestyle and it gives me 1580 to eat everyday. So on non-fast days I stick to that, and on fast days I stick to 500
  • MissyIceQueen
    Options
    Im terrified haha. Thanks a mill will take your advice. Cheer Angela! Joining community too yay!
  • SrMaggalicious
    SrMaggalicious Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    angela233Z wrote: »
    don't be scared - 5:2 is awesome
    come join us at http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100058-5-2-fasting
    what I do for my calories is set at maintenance with sedentary lifestyle and it gives me 1580 to eat everyday. So on non-fast days I stick to that, and on fast days I stick to 500

this - you can customize your calories by doing it manually for 'maintenance' and on your fasting days, you'll get the 'red alert - you're eating too little calories" because it will show 500 or whatever you eat those two days, but just ignore it.

Good luck and don't be scared...I'm finding it's so much easier to do than low calories every day to lose weight.

• jonnyman41
    jonnyman41 Posts: 1,032 Member
    Options
    or..... just use the counter for you and ignore whether you are hitting the target or not. It is a tool to use, not an absolute rule and as long as you are not following a really unhealthy diet/intake, does it really matter if it says you have too much or too little as long as you are managing the 5:2 correctly.