Should I consider it a "cheat" day if I'm still within 1200 cals?

Options
2»

Replies

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    giggitygoo wrote: »
    why would you consider it a "cheat" day if you're within your calories?

I consider things that put me over my sodium or fat limits to be a cheat, but your calories are so low that it would be hard not to go over these limits.

Have you considered taking a not so aggressive approach?

why is going over on sodium a cheat day…????
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    If it doesn't put you over your calories it is not a cheat day. This is the problem with the whole clean eating thing. It is not a specific food that is the problem, but how much of it a person eats. Eating wings on a day when you have calories to use once in a while is not cheating, it is helping you to maintain your calorie deficit by not depriving yourself of what you enjoy.
  • pamcris
    pamcris Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Anything that is not "healthy" I consider a cheat. I eat out once a week (or if Im craving something) and always stay under my goal, but I still consider it a cheat day since there is much more fat, carbs, sugars, etc... that there would be in the food if I had made it myself.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    OP, the typical definition of a "cheat day" when calorie counting is a day you decide to go over your calorie goal. Now if you have set up some other rules for yourself, then you have to decide whether you are cheating on them or not. But it would be sad to have to feel guilty just for eating a reasonable portion of wings! Especially since you are probably restricting more than you need to. Eat those wings, bask in their magnificence, and go about your day...
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    edited October 2014
    Options
    pamcris wrote: »
    Anything that is not "healthy" I consider a cheat. I eat out once a week (or if Im craving something) and always stay under my goal, but I still consider it a cheat day since there is much more fat, carbs, sugars, etc... that there would be in the food if I had made it myself.

thats not a cheat day …

oh and define "not healthy" ….
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    No matter what you call it, the effect of the food on your body will not change. It will be what it is, how ever you look at it. So, call it whatever you want. :)